It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumors Fly of Westboro Baptist Church Being Gassed, Blocked, and Chased

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Hey guys, haven't posted here in like 6 months, but I was so overjoyed to see this, I just had to log in and share...

Westboro Baptist Church is no match for the no-nonsense Missouri State Highway Patrol. As the President prepares for the Memorial at the Missouri Southern State University in Joplin, members of Westboro attempted to picket. Reports coming from Chaser News Live Feed indicate, however, the spreaders of hate never made it.

Chase Snider has been keeping track of the events in Joplin via tweets, reporting giving short spurts of information as he gets it. Some of it is heartening. At 1:34p.m. EST, he tweeted, " Reports say that Westboro already tear gassed by Missouri State Highway Patrol." Seven minutes later, at 1:41p.m. EST, he wrote "Sources tell ChaserNow that a lone member of the #Westboro church that made in to #Joplin was chased out of town [via Twitter]."

news.gather.com...

Good for them!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
lmao

couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of folks

/end sarcasm

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
There is freedom of speech.

At the same time, though, there's a right to kick the living snot out of, well T&C forbids my vulgarity, but I think you get the point.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
That article if true made my day.

Too bad they werent "Raptured" last week

+13 more 
posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Freedoms and Rights belong to EVERYONE.

If it is denied to the less popular, it's neither a freedom nor a right but simply permission. "May I have my freedoms....Please?"

While I DO NOT agree with the agenda of these people, where is the line drawn for their rights that they are exercising?

If they have their freedoms of Speech, Non-Violent Protesting and the right to gather in a public place taken away, where does it end? With you? Me?

Again, I DO NOT agree with them but they are not breaking any laws. If new laws are created to stop them because people just don't agree with them and don't like their message, it will be another case of destroying the rights of the entire Country.

Difficult situation I agree, but if a law is passed for them it's enforced on everyone and if people cheer for the police denying them their rights, what happens when it comes back and those cheering people have their rights denied down the road?

It won't be entertaining anymore.

Personally, I would rather have citizens take care of this bunch....and hope they do it in a back alley. That's Justice!

edit on 29-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

At the same time, though, there's a right to kick the living snot out of, well T&C forbids my vulgarity, but I think you get the point.

Agreed

As much as I don't like these retards, there is freedom of speech.
In Indiana, the police no longer need a search warrant to break into your home.
In Michigan, gobermt officers can now nullify duly elected officials.
This will just set a new example for them to follow.

edit on 29-5-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
While I DO NOT agree with the agenda of these people, where is the line drawn for their rights that they are exercising?

If they have their freedoms of Speech, Non-Violent Protesting and the right to gather in a public place taken away, where does it end? With you? Me?

Again, I DO NOT agree with them but they are not breaking any laws. If new laws are created to stop them because people just don't agree with them and don't like their message, it will be another case of destroying the rights of the entire Country.

Difficult situation I agree, but if a law is passed for them it's enforced on everyone.

Personally, I would rather have citizens take care of this bunch....and hope they do it in a back alley. That's Justice!

edit on 29-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

I have to agree.. Free speech is free speech, that applies to vile scum also.

Deebo

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Wow. ATS is the last place where I'd think people would support the constitutional rights of other people being trambled. I guess the US constitution only applies to your own opinions and views?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I get that it's not right, but constitutional rghts are trampled every day. Atleast it was WBC that got it today. It's about time.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

They can talk all they want. They have that right.

Others also have the right to express their opinions. HOW those opinions are expressed? Who's to judge.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by britt

Where’s the Raptors when you need a pack.
Uh, um, you meant Rapture...my bad.

On an emotional level, I say eradicate these roaches.

On a rational level, let them speak their minds as long as it stays within the boundaries of the law.

I am definitely not a fan of these animals, but they do make me think first, before acting. They bait people so they can sue. That is how they they get their income. Know thy enemy. Many of them have law degrees. Be careful before you confront them.

edit on 29-5-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
At this moment, I care not about WBC's rights. I understand the value of our rights, and I do not wish for people to have their rights abused. However, # the WBC.

Gas em'

For anyone who wants to chastise me for feeling that way, don't bother, I don't care.

edit on 29-5-2011 by GringoViejo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Nope, for the most part, you are seeing conflicting emotional/rational response. Happens to all of us.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Wow. ATS is the last place where I'd think people would support the constitutional rights of other people being trambled. I guess the US constitution only applies to your own opinions and views?

Uh yes... some people along with the proverbial boot up their arse actually need their constitutional rights to be trampled, doused with lighter fluid, set aflame and burned to cinders.

Then the ashes need to be carefully shoveled up and without dropping a one of them, buried in a deep hole never to see the light of day again.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by britt

I dont believe anyone was glad that this happened to them, Its just that it happened TO THEM. Wit hall the police state tactics at least it happened to someone who many believe deserved it. not children or someone dancing or falling off a bridge and getting tased 19 times because they are unable to get up, or a 84 yea old man getting his neck broke, people getting dumped out of wheel chairs, people getting shot in their homes because of wrong address. The list goes on and on. These people should have been arrested for a multitude of things and committed to an insane asylum a long time ago.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I hate these people you can beat them up I can beat them up and wish vile things for them and their spawn -- we would do it and face legal consequences. It is definitely and positively not all right for agents of the state to do the same. Once that happens -- the first time that is sanctioned -- the constitution is rendered meaningless and laws are without consequence. The mark of a strong civilization is to be able to withstand assaults from the incivil.

It is the obligation of the press and any public megaphone to sanction these peoples actions to the result that they are rendered impotent.. The motorcyles and drowning their chants the in their face counter protests. An obligation of us as citizens -- the breaking of laws to do so - not so much.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Uh yes... some people along with the proverbial boot up their arse actually need their constitutional rights to be trampled, doused with lighter fluid, set aflame and burned to cinders.

Then the ashes need to be carefully shoveled up and without dropping a one of them, buried in a deep hole never to see the light of day again.

The question then becomes...WHO decides what people and what constitutional rights they should be denied?

Dangerous ground IMO.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
You kill cancer. You don't befriend it and hope it treats you well. You don't take a compassionate stance and if you are smart you will get rid of it by any means necessary.

There should also be FREEDOM FROM certain persecution and targeted attacks.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by newcovenant

The question then becomes...WHO decides what people and what constitutional rights they should be denied?

Dangerous ground IMO.

I'll risk it. IMO

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
OMG! I just thought about something...those poor little brain washed kids. I hope they weren't hurt. Now I feel bad for ever being happy about this. I truely hope that the kids weren't hurt in any way, but maybe now someone will take notice of the dangerous situations that their parents put them in.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join