It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i'm bored...nothing sensational in the news lately!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
so...let's see...

japan is yesterday's news.
charlie sheen is all but forgotten.
the wedding is over.
the whole obl story has been beaten into the dirt.

there's nothing really all that sensational going on right now. i'm bored!

this is more sarcasm. just seems like it's about time for some new news story to take over the media buzz for awhile. i mean...come TPTB!!! the people need entertainment. we need drama. controversy. i mean yeah...there are these crazy storms but i don't think this is what america wants! we want something to take over all the news stations for a week or more. i mean...aliens...assassination...nuclear explosion...earthquake. y'all have been too quiet.

i'm really not wishing for anything bad or even big. i'm just saying that with the way things have been going this year, it's about time for another huge news story. the distractions are waning down. they need to throw a wrench into the gears of the people's awareness.

is there anybody else who's just kinda waiting to sign on here or some other news site and see that some new country has just been bombed or there's been some horrible disaster that is just now really unfolding. or the dollar crashed. seriously...i don't want anything bad to happen but i keep having the feeling that it's about time for some bad news. yeah...these storms and flooding in the mid west and south east US are bad but i'm talking something that will bog down the MSM for days or weeks. this has been such a crazy year so far...something has to be just around the river bend...

God help us all...

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Go get a hobby dude any news is usually bad news,

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Make some news. Sensationalize the hell out of it. Just so i can be entertained.
Please.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatitanimulli

i'm not in the news making business. i think you have to work for the government in order to create news stories for the masses.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD

i'm not in the news making business. i think you have to work for the government in order to create news stories for the masses.

I was merely trying to point out the selfish arrogance that your thread title suggests.
edit on 29-5-2011 by illuminatitanimulli because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD

japan is yesterday's news.

Really? wow. It's not yesterday news it's just not on the msm. You can check and do some digging yourself.

charlie sheen is all but forgotten.

If you consider this news, I can understand that you're bored.

the wedding is over.

Ah yes the wedding that was more important than a meltdown in japan.

the whole obl story has been beaten into the dirt.

If by "beaten into to dirt" you mean people that wan't to get to the bottom of that issue, then yes.

there's nothing really all that sensational going on right now. i'm bored!

Judging by your examples your definition of exciting is death, an actor on drugs, a royal wedding or death again.

this is more sarcasm. just seems like it's about time for some new news story to take over the media buzz for awhile. i mean...come TPTB!!! the people need entertainment. we need drama. controversy. i mean yeah...there are these crazy storms but i don't think this is what america wants! we want something to take over all the news stations for a week or more. i mean...aliens...assassination...nuclear explosion...earthquake. y'all have been too quiet.

i'm really not wishing for anything bad or even big. i'm just saying that with the way things have been going this year, it's about time for another huge news story. the distractions are waning down. they need to throw a wrench into the gears of the people's awareness.

is there anybody else who's just kinda waiting to sign on here or some other news site and see that some new country has just been bombed or there's been some horrible disaster that is just now really unfolding. or the dollar crashed. seriously...i don't want anything bad to happen but i keep having the feeling that it's about time for some bad news. yeah...these storms and flooding in the mid west and south east US are bad but i'm talking something that will bog down the MSM for days or weeks. this has been such a crazy year so far...something has to be just around the river bend...

God help us all...

No no no and no. You portray yourself as a sensationalist. First you claim it's time for news yet at the same time you claim it's sarcasm.
How can anyone be bored? There is more to this world then your front door.
Go out with friends.
Go out for a walk
Read a book.
Visit family.
Sports (any)
Etc.

I respectfully disagree with your post.

Thanks,
OnlyLove

edit on 29/5/2011 by OnlyLove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

After having been deployed multiple times to various parts of the world, I enjoy boredom from time to time. When it becomes a lethargic state, then I become concerned. Life is exciting, but an exciting life is not on 24hours a day. That’d be a rather adventure-filled, yet short life if you ask me.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
the recent and ongoing weather is quite intense. All the tornadoes / floods etc.

here is a link to watch streaming video from storm chasers live !!

www.tornadoalleylive.com...

keep an eye on the radar

and don't worry, i have a feeling there will be big news soon

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
for everyone who wants to tell me to go read a book or hang out with friends or talk about my selfish arrogance...yeah...you obviously don't get what i'm saying.

TPTB have been very busy this year, giving us all kinds of hype news. distracting us left and right. there's not many big distractions right now. nothing's crippling the MSM. it just seems like it's been to long since MSM have flooded the workplace with BS news to keep everyone talking about it.

there's gonna have to be something big happen soon. there just has to be. there's not much distraction right now.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Go read about "Regional commander for NATO's force in Afghanistan offers 'sincere apologies' for an attack that killed nine civilians", and then ask yourself what the hell this "humanitarian effort" BS we're doing in Libya is all about..

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Don't worry. Things will get exciting again soon enough. They always do. I am thinking that you are trying to foresee what is going to happen. Would you mind sharing your ideas?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

not necessarily trying to predict anything specifically, just noticing. if i had to place a bet, i would put my money on a "natural" disaster.

it just seems like they're cooking up a good ole news story. they've been in the kitchen for awhile. these super storms don't usually get more than an hour or two worth of MSM intimate detail and then get brushed aside with brief updates.

the last steak they threw on the table (OBL) got devoured and knocked off the table in what??? 2-3 days? the masses are ready for something to sink their teeth into.

i really don't want to see anything "sensational" happen but i am just noticing a rising trend. lately, just as everything seems to be settling down, something pops up. a good ole natural disaster would be right on time, too. hurricane season starts soon and i know the flooding is nowhere near over in the midwest. and this is only ameirca i'm thinking of. but yeah...i'm just waiting to see what curve ball gets thrown. i bet the next one's gonna be a doozy...

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Yea, I sense it too. I chalk it up to the 24hrs media in todays world. However, I do smell something burning in the kitchen. Just can't place it yet. I wish they'd let me in to check the oven.

edit on 29-5-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

autos.ca.msn.com...

You've probably seen Obama's car get stuck in Ireland. But did they tell you how ?

A recent study suggests that the space-grade rubber tires that NASA created for the President's limo, lost there round shape and turned into a one-cornered oval, causing the vehicle to come to a complete stop. Top secret agencies believe an Irish terrorist placed a potato on the wheels axle, disabling it very quickly. There is still no word from NASA of what really caused it, but many scientists not working on the project are turning to the stars for the answer. Leading scientist in Halftruthism said to us in our interview, " My colleagues and I have been looking into space and we are positive that the incoming Comet Nibiru X Yellow Gnome12598 caused the president's car to stop. It is 340 trillion lightyears away and it's size of half the Earth, it can greatly affect the exact rubber his limo has. The comets gravitational dark matter morphed it." Meanwhile, the always crazy conspiracists blame it on the limo being to long and the ramp being too steep.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 90percent10less

autos.ca.msn.com...

You've probably seen Obama's car get stuck in Ireland. But did they tell you how ?

A recent study suggests that the space-grade rubber tires that NASA created for the President's limo, lost there round shape and turned into a one-cornered oval, causing the vehicle to come to a complete stop. Top secret agencies believe an Irish terrorist placed a potato on the wheels axle, disabling it very quickly. There is still no word from NASA of what really caused it, but many scientists not working on the project are turning to the stars for the answer. Leading scientist in Halftruthism said to us in our interview, " My colleagues and I have been looking into space and we are positive that the incoming Comet Nibiru X Yellow Gnome12598 caused the president's car to stop. It is 340 trillion lightyears away and it's size of half the Earth, it can greatly affect the exact rubber his limo has. The comets gravitational dark matter morphed it." Meanwhile, the always crazy conspiracists blame it on the limo being to long and the ramp being too steep.

IRA put a potato in his axle.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
and the funny part is, that when TSHTF, and there is the most exciting news ever....there won't be any tv or internet to view it on

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I could come up with some outlandishly fake headline and make it so offensive that it will make you snort your drink out your nose because of how obscenely funny it is. In fact, it's so obscenely funny, I cannot even post my idea without the mods bearing down upon me like the gestapo. It involves newt gingrich doing something utterly revolting in public for no reason whatsoever except for his own amusement.

i would sensationalize it so much, that i could probably get the entire nation to believe it with a few well made photoshopped pictures. It would become a terrible rumor. he would be forced to refute the rumor publicly. then you would have your news, i will have gotten major lulz out of it, and the OP would not be bored. it involves kittens.

I will let you think of what kind of revolting thing newt gingrich could do involving kittens so you can amuse yourself.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I get your OP. I got it immediately. And I agree.

The way things are today, our eyes, ears and brains are constantly entertained and stimulated with a barrage of input data, whether it be from TV or Internet news, our ipods, laptops, ibooks, iphones, video games, or just watching TV. If something isn't "happening', we get bored in about 10 minutes. That's why I don't own any of those things (except TV and Computer) and I make it a RULE to spend some quiet time every day (sometimes more than others) with NO external stimulation - just to bring my base level of excitement down.

We have become so stimulated that instead of being relaxed when nothing is 'happening', we become anxious and bored... as if something is wrong. I see people finding it hard to relax. We actually see people who WANT bad things to happen. Some say they are eager for the SHTF. I think it could become a serious problem in society, actually. Everything is so convenient and it's so easy to go about the business of day-to-day living, that we find ourselves with all this mental and physical energy to dissipate or absorb because there's 'nothing to do' and nothing ''happening'.

I won't even go into how this is affecting the little kids and why so many of their parents are giving them drugs just to get through it. All they would have to do is take away the external stimulation and help the kid reset to a human stimulation level.

This is a very interesting and serious subject, IMO. S&F

edit on 5/30/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

thank you. for actually using your mind for a minute to see what i was saying. everyone else thought i was begging for calamity. no. i was making a point!

we are such a sensationalistic culture. we claim we want peace but deep down...most yearn for chaos, destruction and blood. it's entertaining. why do you think the roman's built the coliseum?

i myself threw my tv away a couple years ago. there's nothing on there for me. it's all garbage even the documentaries and actual fact driven programming is BS, IMO. i can get it all on the internet, my way, from sources i trust. if it comes through the dummy box...there's probably a reason it's on there. notice all government censorship laws/plans/regulations are aimed at the internet these days...not the tv. they own everyone's tv. they don't care. and like you...i take quiet time every day. usually take my dog to the park for an hour a day or at least the back yard. hang out in silence. just enjoy the peace. i feel that the peace is waning so i need to enjoy it whilst i can. everyone keeps mentioning that they feel that there are times in our near future when peaceful times/moments will be but a dream. chaos could really become our lot...very very soon.

but seriously...they've really gotten america used to sensational news this year. it's been kinda boring for awhile now. they have to be cooking up a good story. something that will really give us something to talk about for awhile. maybe even so good that it won't get torn apart and proven fake in under a week.

it's sad, honestly. how dependent people have become on the news for something to talk about/look forward to. my OP was more a mockery of what our society has become. not a personal cry for blood.

i really do wonder what it's gonna be like in 10-20 years when this generation of children is grown up??? i really don't have great things predicted for them.

feels like we're walking the green mile...RIGHT NOW boss...
edit on 5/30/11 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join