It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ordo Templis Orientis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
A very peculiar order, the Ordo Templis Orientis, or OTO

oto-usa.org...

You can find interesting things on this order, and there is a masonic influence.

CC

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Here is some of what I've dug up regarding the O.T.O. under Crowley.

The next two quotes are words of a Gnostic initiate who I will not name:

The OTO expired after a certain black magician tainted the original studies of that order. In the 1800's and early 1900's it was very similar to Gnostic mystery schools of ancient times. Now it is nothing even close to the teachings given by Samael(Aun Weor)...because the Ordo Templi Orientis degenerated due to the influence of black magick. That is my understanding.

Aleister Crowley taught a ritual related to his version of the perfumed garden. This ritual involved men having homosexual relations. This is legitimate black magic. Crowley also was a drug addict and openly admitted that sometimes he would save his sexual energy and sometimes he would not. In my opinion, this is reason enough to know that he was fallen.

I don't condone some or even much of what is said on the following site...: user.cyberlink.ch... ... but I would like to see if someone can confirm any of it:

The O.T.O. under Aleister Crowley
After Reuss' death in 1923, Crowley made an entreprise out of the O.T.O.'s secret. There is a surviving plan to promote the "Elixir of Life" (under the name "Amrita", the Magical Medicine) (27*) and to heal patients according to O.T.O. methods, (28*) that is: to heal them with yoga and sexual fluids. (29*) Crowley used the Ordo Templi Orientis (as he used other real or ghostly orders) as a play, a publishing house and found it a suitable instrument to extract the "gold" (be it alchemistical or sexual) from the pockets of his followers. To that purpose he pretended never having had sex out of sheer lust. (30*) It always should have been a "duty", a "prayer to God" (Aiwaz, Baphomet or Sheitan (31*) - there are many more disguises); in consequence a prayer to himself whom he identified with an erected penis.

Crowley's VII* is a treatise about the creative organ's divinity, and from his "Book of Lies" one can interfer that the vital fluid is a vehicle of immortality. The Matter is the original primitive material substance semi-spiritual, immortal and containing in itself the archetypes of all form and possessing the double potency of attracting to itself individual spirits and also particles of gross Matter to form their temporary envelope on this plane (the gnostic Rotten Place).
Crowley's VIIIth degree unveiled to the "pupil" that masturbating on a sigil of a demon or meditating upon the image of a phallus would bring power or communication with a (or one's own) divine being/Super Ego. The IXth degree labelled heterosexual intercourse where the sexual secrets were sucked out of the vagina and when not consumed (when considered holy) put on a sigil to attract this or that demon to fullfill the pertinent wish/order. (32*) In his "Emblems and Mode of Use" (33*) Crowley describes the method of how to smear sperm on a talisman/sigil in order to attract for example money. This paper is so secret that, at one time, its possession was equal with having the IXth degree O.T.O. There was no other proof until only recently: now one possibly needs to go through an examination test to prove "possession"/"knowledge" of the IXth degree O.T.O. (34*)
Crowley played around with different sexmagickal methods. One of the O.T.O.'s secrets is the adoration of the idol Baphomet of the old Templars. While the German splinter-group, the misogynist Fraternitas Saturni definitely tried (and still tries) to incarnate Baphomet in flesh, (35*) in the O.T.O.-groups (that emerged after Crowley's death in 1947) the subject is not that clear although incorporated in the Xth degree. Crowley advised selection of a female partner. The magician and his mate "copulate continuously" until impregnation results: a homunculus. (36*) Maybe the ability of the Xth to create a homunculus was realised on the physical level in their privilegue of electing their OHO.

In the XIth degree, the mostly homosexual degree, (40*) one identifies oneself with an ejaculating penis. (41*) The blood (or excrements) from anal intercourse attract the spirits/demons while the sperm keeps them alive. On 31 March 1946 Crowley noted down a dream in his diary: "A most frightful semi-dream (between two normal motions) of giving birth to a foetus per anum. It was a mass of blood & slime. The nastiest Qliphotic experience I can remember!"

Crowley saw no use in the vaginal fluids nor did he think that women are divine, (42*) therefore he could not imagine lesbian sexmagick. He believed that "man is the guardian of the Life of God; woman but a temporary expedient; a shrine indeed for the God, but not the God." ==> Women exist for the use of men. His ideal female: "robust, vigorous, eager, sensible, hot and healthy". That is to say, his interest was in the woman's body and he wanted no spiritual or intellectual participation from her.
Crowley's main tools to achieve illumination remained: spermophagy, coprophagy and algolagnia.

SUMMARY OF CROWLEY�S SEX MAGICK SYSTEM

VII� Adoration of the phallus as Baphomet, both within and without
VIII� Interaction with something outside the closed vessels of the vagina and the anus
IX� Interaction inside the vagina with either the blood or the secretions of a woman when excited
X� Impregnation + fertilisation of an egg + the act of creation or succession (e.g. election of the OHO)
XI� Two-folded: i) Isolation in the anus where it is considered unable to interact with anything at all ii) interaction with excrements (one of Crowley�s preferred ingredients) and small amounts of blood (when small wounds occur through the intercourse), mucus and of course the mucous membranes that lead directly into the blood supply, etc., etc.

Man; please tell me that last quote is not true!

Peace

[edit on 5-8-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Apart from Crowley, any other good reading on the OTO?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Man; please tell me that last quote is not true!
Peace
[edit on 5-8-2004 by Tamahu]

I hate to tell you....it's true. I have a friend who's VERY active in OTO.

...pretty scary stuff.

Regards,

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
this might help

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor
You can find interesting things on this order, and there is a masonic influence.

There is also Masonic influence in KofC, but that doesn't make it Masonic.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
What the OTO is today is not what it was. Don't forget that Crowley didn't take over as OHO (Outer Head of the Order) until 1923. Also, Crowley has been dead for almost 60 years. A lot can happen in that time. For the record, I am not a member of the OTO, but I do have a very extensive library of Crowleyana, and can say with some authority that some of his writings have been taken out of context not only by the press of his own time, but by his present day would be disciples. Also, I would say, take outrageous claims with a grain of salt...

new topics

top topics

join