It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s All Over: Kyoto Protocol Loses Four Big Nations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Russia, Japan and Canada told the G8 they would not join a second round of carbon cuts under the Kyoto Protocol at United Nations talks this year and the US reiterated it would remain outside the treaty, European diplomats have said.

Article

Well, finally some good news.

edit on 29-5-2011 by TruthFreedomNow because: (no reason given)

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread ?... Look Here First.

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!
edit on Sun May 29 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
ok... I'm an idiot..because I don't get it? Although I don't believe in the Climate change Lie...I believe Earth does what it does over time...I do believe WE as a people have had some impact. All these Countries pulling out and not lowering their emissions.. or trying to build cleaner industry... how is that good?

I might clarify...I'm not opposing this at all.. I just don't understand.. key word.. UNDERSTAND what this means?

I read the article..and still don't understand..so.. could you please tell me why it's a good thing?

thanx in advance..

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Agreed. Climategate showed me beyond a reasonable doubt that this was all a scam to make money and gain power. I am glad to see this thing going down.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Algore will not be happy.

He still didn't get the memo that Global Warming died in 2010. Killed by scientists trying to prove its existence.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Algore will not be happy.

He still didn't get the memo that Global Warming died in 2010. Killed by scientists trying to prove its existence.

OH well, he will die a wealthy man.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
My understanding is the whole 'climate change' deal was just
another tax scam to rope the already supertaxed industrial
nations into paying more up fromt for energy. I'm so happy the
holes in the sweater are revealing the real supermodel, and
the model is global tyranny instead of cupcake.
I can only wonder if enough people can wake up in time to at
least notice their energy bills are getting bigger ANYWAY...
and call these greedy scum out for yet another obvious fraud?

Is Cap and Trade still a viable hose in our country's jugular? YES.
How many girders on the camel's back will be sustained? Who knows...

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I'm of the opinion that stuff like this doesn't really matter, anyhow. If global warming is real, then I'm fairly certain we're already screwed, anyhow.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
i dont understand why the U.S gets to be outside of this treaty? because surely they are happy for others to have to do it.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
No, I think this is the other Nations telling the G8 that they will no longer pay to fund their Wars!

All and every part of saving this Planet is so some one can make MONEY, it has nothing to do with saving the Planet; if that were the case then it would be the forefront of their motivators and it is not. We see what they are doing and they are going to continue to do it as long as they can get more MONEY!

Without Money I can guarantee that they will have nothing to fight with except their own children! As for the individual, I should hope that they too realize this as well!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!
edit on Sun May 29 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

MOD: Could you help me understand this? I can't figure out what I'm missing. Before posting I did search for Kyoto and nothing related to this article came back that I could see. I also searched for "Kyoto Protocol" and the only things that came back were from 2008 or earlier.

I just checked again thinking I must have missed it and still can't find anything. Please link me to the thread you're referring to because I can't find it.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
... All these Countries pulling out and not lowering their emissions.. or trying to build cleaner industry... how is that good?
I might clarify...I'm not opposing this at all.. I just don't understand.. key word.. UNDERSTAND what this means?
I read the article..and still don't understand..so.. could you please tell me why it's a good thing?

The real problem is that despite serious restrictions on their economies and great costs to their people, the signatories to Kyoto have completely failed to meet their pledged reductions in CO2 and other GHG emissions.

Except for minor blips due to the global recession, CO2 emissions have actually increased over the life of the Treaty. Most countries adopted tariffs, taxes, or carbon-trading schemes in their attempts to comply.

The increased energy costs and lowered production killed jobs, raised costs-of-living, and stagnated entire economies.

Nevertheless, GHG emissions continued to climb.

Even worse, accumulated knowledge and better measuring have revealed that even if they had complied, the signatories could NOT have affected the global increase in GHGs or the effects of climate change.

The next round of talks (and the Rio+20) will require the redistribution of $100,000,000,000 annually to developing nations from developed ones, while at the same time calling for the paying countries to reduce their GHG emissions to 19th Century (the 1800s) levels.

None of the original developed participants (except for the UK/EU) think this is a good idea, poltically, economically, practically or scientifically; especially when the largest GHG emitters, the BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and minor partners), have already stated officially that they will NOT comply with the proposed reductions/restrictions.

jw.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
ok... I'm an idiot..because I don't get it? Although I don't believe in the Climate change Lie...I believe Earth does what it does over time...I do believe WE as a people have had some impact. All these Countries pulling out and not lowering their emissions.. or trying to build cleaner industry... how is that good?

Indeed "WE as people" do have an impact but it's negligible where the Kyoto Protocol is concerned. The impact we have where carbon emissions are concerned is equivalent to the impact you would have in increasing the water level if you spit in a lake. Yes, you could definitely bring up the water level but it would be so negligible you wouldn't be able to tell.

The Protocol is all about carbon emissions and doesn't have any impact where people can really make a difference in greening the earth, such as pollution control, etc. The trillions of dollars that the protocol would have cost to implement would have been totally wasted while it could, and should, be used for things that can have an impact.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Agreed. Climategate showed me beyond a reasonable doubt that this was all a scam to make money and gain power. I am glad to see this thing going down.

Have some of these politicians had a moment of aberration and actually glimsed the light? I hope this puts the kaibosh on those who were expecting to make billions of dollars from carbon tax.

top topics

join