It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA Rampage AGAINST Gun Rights

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

An Open Letter to the NRA

[Posted on Saturday, May 21, 2011, at 8:25 p.m.] Editor's note: The following open letter to the NRA was written by State Representative Elaine Swinford, Chair of the Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee of the New Hampshire House of Representatives, and originally published today on her Facebook page. It is re-published here, on the Pro-Gun New Hampshire website, with Representative Swinford's permission. The Facebook link is www.facebook.com...#!/notes/elaine-swinford/open-letter-to-the-nra/10150188783749821 .

The only communication with the subcommittee by GO-NH/Hohenwarter was via an e-mail which suggested the so-called “NRA amendment.” This amendment was considered and rejected by the committee, in part because it was too extensive, proposed new gun control measures, instituted new criminal penalties, and added NICS checks on licenses. For those reasons and others it was felt the amendment should be offered as a bill of its own so it would go through the proper process of a public hearing and vetting. HB330 was again heard in Executive Session, where the committee discusses the pros and cons of the bill, and finally it went before the whole House of Representatives for a vote of “ought to pass” or “inexpedient to legislate.” The bill passed out of the House with a large margin of victory and was sent to the Senate.

Either your NRA is lying, or are being lied to and too incompetent to know. Judging the NRA by their past actions, I would say the former. Their continued support for the controlled destruction of people's rights makes me want to go out and donate to GOA or other alternative organisations that fully support our rights.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
If the government ever calls on me to take guns from you bunch of gun toting red necks and gangsters, I will oblige. If it has to be pried from your cold dead hands, so be it!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I know numerous democrats that are also gun owners, have hunting licenses and legally hunt... Some of them are NRA members and even though members, they see the NRA for what it is, the largest fund raiser the Republican Party has... They aren't a bad thing for those that produce, import, or sell guns either .. Ever notice how contagious paranoia is when firearm legislation is promised when a Democrat is first elected to office and how there is an immediate shortage of certain guns and ammunition?.. Ever notice how the prices of that kind of stuff skyrockets and the feared laws are never passed?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondMirrors
If the government ever calls on me to take guns from you bunch of gun toting red necks and gangsters, I will oblige. If it has to be pried from your cold dead hands, so be it!
If it ever happens that the government calls on you to take guns from a bunch of any kind of gun owner I assume that you are aware that you will be a dead man before you get to the red necks and gangsters.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join