It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible's Buried Secrets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Did King David's empire exist?

Great documentary im here to share.

In a thousand years, the consensus among archaeologists will be that Francesca Stavrakopoulou never existed. The legend will say that she was a an attractive and lively lecturer in religion at the University of Exeter. The evidence will be in clear contradiction of this pious myth. For a start, the scholars will say, Stavrakopoulou was not a name that belonged to the Kingdom of Devon. It must have been projected on to history by later Hellenic colonists. Indeed, historians will say (based on written records from the 19th century, since 20th-century electronic records will have corrupted into nothing) women were not allowed to lecture at universities in Devon. All I mean is that, though Dr Stavrakopoulou’s television exploration of the archaeology and history of 10th-century BC Israel and Juda was agreeably Reithian in its mixture of information and entertainment, it had nothing much to do with the religious import of the Bible. As far as archaeology went, the argument was fairly old hat – really a re-run of the 19th-century argument over Heinrich Schliemann and the so-called Mask of Agamemnon. The big question then was: did Troy ever exist? People cared passionately. The difference is that no one much still worshipped Zeus. They do still worship the God of David. But Francesca Stavrakopoulou’s King David was a straw man put together in order to be pulled down. Every historian or archaeologist on the programme had his own theory of what the shepherd-king was really like. Instead of inspecting inscriptions on Moabite stelae, they’d find out much more from Psalm 23.www.telegraph.co.uk...

Ep 1

To see the rest of the episode , see here :
www.youtube.com.../u

edit on 29-5-2011 by solid007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by solid007

ummm, this is on the bbc, pretty much ran by muslims, ofcourse they are gonna say david isnt real. they dont like israel. if they get people to think that king david wasnt real then they can say jesus never existed as well. just pure muslim propaganda imo.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Not very surprising when looking at it in the rear view, very much like modern mass media except instead of real time lies or slants, they could only do so after the fact.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Arguments on the actual existence of individuals or places don't add a iota to the validity of intrinsic religious claims in any religion (or inversely take anything away).

It may be my own shortcoming, but I don't see the point.

'Spiderman' is according to his fictive biography a former student at a college somewhere in New York. In two thousand years New York can be possibly be verified, but this is hardly an argument for 'Spiderman's' anomalous powers.

A fairytale (or for that sake a 'truth') can be build up around anything, which has no relevance to essential parts of the tale.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by unbanable123

BBC over run by Muslims? Not contradicting you, just never heard that one before.. I always considered their documentaries to be more objective than most. Is that a personal opinion or based on something else? I would watch their shows in a whole new light if it were proven true.

top topics

join