It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the comet Elenin cause the Norway Spiral, and the January 2010 Eureka, Haiti and Solomon Island

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Here is a link to the BBC report on a tornado off the central coast of Australia's New South Wales.
www.bbc.co.uk...

A waterspout is an intense columnar vortex (usually appearing as a funnel-shaped cloud) that occurs over a body of water and is connected to a cumuliform cloud. In the common form, it is a non-supercell tornado over water.

Waterspout

and this you are claiming is the cause of a comet?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I may be wrong, but aren't 2-d maps representing a flat surface? Wouldn't that also mean that Earth, Jupiter, and the comet could all be at different heights. Plus, there are earthquakes everyday right? So the days that these supposed alignments happen, chances are there will eventually be a 6.0+ earthquake.

All I'm trying to say is, to me, your theory does not hold much water. If there were extremely large earthquakes happening each time Elenin was "aligned", there might be something to it.
edit on 30/5/11 by Indecent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Here is a link to the BBC report on a tornado off the central coast of Australia's New South Wales.
www.bbc.co.uk...

So now Comet Elenin caused a waterspout in New South Wales? Care to elaborate?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by keepureye2thesky

www.bbc.co.uk...

A waterspout is an intense columnar vortex (usually appearing as a funnel-shaped cloud) that occurs over a body of water and is connected to a cumuliform cloud. In the common form, it is a non-supercell tornado over water.

Waterspout

and this you are claiming is the cause of a comet?

No.
I was answering ArMaP's question. Please re-read the thread.
Here is his question and my answer.

Originally posted by ArMaP

So why do you think that this planet has had record breaking floods, tornadoes, earthquakes...
I would like to see some references to those floods, tornadoes and earthquakes that you consider record breaking, if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by ArMaP

Record flooding is also expected in Baton Rouge and New Orleans, La.
abcnews.go.com...
That only says that they were expecting record-breaking floods on May 21, not that they happened. Did they really happened?

“Event Summary - April 21-27, 2011 Heavy Rain, Record Flooding, and Severe Weather - updated 10:10 am 5/10/11 Severe weather and extreme flooding affected eastern Oklahoma and northwest Arkansas from April 21-27, 2011 along a frontal boundary, which had stalled across the region. The front pushed further eastward by April 27 and was associated with the historic tornadic outbreak across the Deep South Region.”
www.srh.noaa.gov...
That's correct, record breaking floods in Oklahoma and record breaking tornadoes in Tulsa.

Tsunami Slams Japan After Record Earthquake, Hundreds Dead Japan was struck by its strongest earthquake on record, an 8.9-magnitude temblor that shook buildings across Tokyo and unleashed a seven-meter-high tsunami that killed hundreds and engulfed towns on the northern coast.

That's correct, a record-breaking earthquake in Japan.
But that's not what I was expecting. If something is affecting the whole Earth in a way that can create record breaking floods in Oklahoma, record breaking tornadoes in Tulsa and one record breaking earthquake in Japan, why doesn't it affect the rest of the world?
Why aren't there record breaking floods in Japan and record breaking earthquakes in Oklahoma, for example?
Why aren't there record breaking floods in Africa (I don't know if there were any, I may be shooting my own theory down
), or tornadoes in Europe?

So I posted the South Wales tornado on the water (water spout) although it is not in Europe. Here is one in Germany. Ich hoffe, dass Sie Deutsches verstehen

www.seesen24.de...,-Carports,-Gaerten-und-Autos

And then there is this website for twisters in England.
www.uk-severe-weather.co.uk...

edit on 30-5-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

No.
I was answering ArMaP (please read the thread)..

you answered with a link to a news item? a weather event that happens daily?

talk to me like an idiot for a second.

what does linking a waterspout article have to do with anything?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

here's a dust-devil, did elenin do this too?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

No.
I was answering ArMaP (please read the thread)..

you answered with a link to a news item? a weather event that happens daily?

talk to me like an idiot for a second.

what does linking a waterspout article have to do with anything?

I won't call you an idiot, even for a second.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

here's a dust-devil, did elenin do this too?

Prove to me it didn't.
(this is getting ridicules, I suppose your next example will be a youtube video of a flag waving in the air).
edit on 30-5-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk...

So I posted the South Wales tornado on the water (water spout) although it is not in Europe. Here is one in Germany. Ich hoffe, dass Sie Deutsches verstehen

www.seesen24.de...,-Carports,-Gaerten-und-Autos

And then there is this website for twisters in England.
www.uk-severe-weather.co.uk...

What I would like to know is if those are record-breaking or just common events.

You see, if things are not that different in a global way, it's hard to believe that they are the result of something that would affect the whole planet (and even the whole Solar system).

Tornadoes and floods are common events, and as both are meteorological events, any change in frequency or strength may be the result of some event that affects the atmosphere (like global warming/climate change/whatever).

Earthquakes are also natural and common events (I have witnessed some 6 or 7 earthquakes since 1969, from just noticeable to a 7.3 in the Richter scale),so unless we are seeing an unusual number of stronger earthquakes, we do not have any reason to suspect that something is affect the Earth, geologically speaking.

PS: I ask questions instead of doing searches for several reasons. One, since you are the one presenting your theory, you should be the one providing the supporting data. Even if I do my searches I do not have a way of knowing if you consider that data pertinent to your theory or not.

Another reason for my questions is that, some years ago, I reached the conclusion that I am more useful to people that are facing some doubts (and the question you posted in your Opening Post shows that you had some doubts) when I ask them questions than when I present them my own ideas.

PPS: if you find any mistakes on my posts please point them to me, that's the best way of learning.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Fishing just 5 miles off of the coast of Ft. Lauderdale Florida a waterspout formed and came within 1/4 mile of our 6-man boat and nobody was the slightest alarmed. A short downpour started and we watched it got past us and over the coast and out of sight within less than ten minutes. The rest of the day was sunny, as it was before the short rain. Local people see that sort of thing all the time and it makes sense as the warm Gulf Stream can be as close as five miles from the coast there.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Did it cause the economic meltdown

How about the loss of Manchester United in the European cup?

What about the death of Michael Jackson?

Maybe it save the end of the world from happening and Harold Camping hadn't calculated Elins influence?

Maybe it caused North Koreas elderly leader to die... no that's not happened yet but it will and Elenin will be to blame!!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

You know, my dodgy knee has been giving me a lot of trouble lately.

Elenin, you think?

Also, my cat’s been acting strangely since the Norway spiral. Keeps chasing her own tail.

Definitely Elenin.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by ArMaP

In any event.....the mass of Elenin is tiny, tiny, tiny......tiny.

Could you please provide a website source on the mass of Elenin.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This is an interesting website that includes a Youtube video of the possibility the Elinin is a Brown dwarf star.
spaceobs.org...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

This is an interesting website that includes a Youtube video of the possibility the Elinin is a Brown dwarf star.
I think that video shows the effects of a brown dwarf star following Elinin's trajectory, not of the possibility of Elinin being a brown dwarf.

And as you can see in the video, if it was a brown dwarf with 5% of the Sun's mass, we should have noticed a change in Saturn's orbit since the beginning of 2009, and, having more mass, it would approach the Sun faster, and it will be near the Earth by 2011.

All of the above only applies if I understood the video.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
More unusual weather:
Tornado’s in Vietnam.
Residents in EaBar Commune, in central Phu Yen Province's mountainous Song Hinh District, repair their houses that were destroyed by a tornado on Sunday evening. — VNA/VNS Photo The Lap
en.baomoi.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Does that mean that in the rest of the whole world the weather was as usual?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join