It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the comet Elenin cause the Norway Spiral, and the January 2010 Eureka, Haiti and Solomon Island

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Your diagram is from Dec 9 2009

Because you posted a Dec 9 2009 diagram.

reply to post by ArMaP

Do you see it now?

Mr Mod, sit back, take a breath, and relax. There's not need to flame me here. I'm just presenting an interesting idea.
If your idea is based in wrong data then it's not interesting.

PS: My name is not Mod, I'm well confortably seated and relaxed.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Electricity??

OH, dear.....electricity needs a medium, for conveyance. Conductance. The lack of sufficient matter, in the vacuum of space, means that very, very minor levels of electrical energy can be carried....

This is back to that silly EU theory, isn't it??

Totally debunked nonsense, sorry.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

It doesn't, just look at the following image.
(the red line represents the Elenin - Jupiter alignment)

And I may be a mod, but as I am posting as a member I should be seen just as another member.

At least you now have the correct date up.
You do seem so determined to flame me, but I will ask you to use this JPL diagram to draw a line from Elenin to Jupiter.
Thank you for your input.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Your diagram is from Dec 9 2009

Because you posted a Dec 9 2009 diagram.

reply to post by ArMaP

Do you see it now?

Mr Mod, sit back, take a breath, and relax. There's not need to flame me here. I'm just presenting an interesting idea.
If your idea is based in wrong data then it's not interesting.

PS: My name is not Mod, I'm well confortably(sic) seated and relaxed.

That diagram, as stated in my post, is relating to the date of the Norway Spiral. By drawing a straight line from Elenin to Jupiter, it passes through Sol.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
You keep posting that picture like it supports your claim.
Here is the picture you have drawn a line on and I have pointed to the line and circled Elenin.
It is obvious to anyone with eyes that they are far aprt from each other.

and here again with it's new line

Not aligned with anything.
edit on 29-5-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

You do seem so determined to flame me, but I will ask you to use this JPL diagram to draw a line from Elenin to Jupiter.
It looks like we have different interpretations of the meaning of "flaming", I am just trying to show that you are using bad data.

That diagram? Sure.

Really?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

That diagram, as stated in my post, is relating to the date of the Norway Spiral. By drawing a straight line from Elenin to Jupiter, it passes through Sol.
As you can see in my post (and if you try to really draw a line from Elenin to Jupiter), it does not.
edit on 29/5/2011 by ArMaP because: I forgot a ")"

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Only Phil Plaitt has attempted to debunk the Electric Universe theory. And his debunking is like everything else he does, not too good. Essentially, he stipulates that it's wrong because physicists refuse to believe in it.

The EU theory stipulates that there is plasma throughout the universe and this is how electricity effects everything out there.

Now remember one simple thing which we observe everyday. It proves the EU right and physics wrong. Physics stipulates that the electrical charge of the universe is neutral. If it wasn't, Einstein could not have made his calculations. Guess what? It isn't. Proof is solar wind. In pure physics, the solar wind cannot exist, yet there it is. The electrical charge of the universe in not neutral.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Electricity??
OH, dear.....electricity needs a medium, for conveyance. Conductance. The lack of sufficient matter, in the vacuum of space, means that very, very minor levels of electrical energy can be carried....
This is back to that silly EU theory, isn't it??
Totally debunked nonsense, sorry.

imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...
From The NASA Goddard Space FlightCenter.
“Remarkably, it turns out there is five times more material in clusters of galaxies than we would expect from the galaxies and hot gas we can see. Most of the stuff in clusters of galaxies is invisible and, since these are the largest structures in the Universe held together by gravity, scientists then conclude that most of the matter in the entire Universe is invisible. This invisible stuff is called 'dark matter', a term initially coined by Fritz Zwicky who discovered evidence for missing mass in galaxies in the 1930s.” and “dark matter
Name given to the amount of mass whose existence is deduced from the analysis of galaxy rotation curves but which until now, has escaped all detections.”
So weedy, space is Not a total vacuum. I am impressed that every time I debunk you or prove you wrong, you bounce back up and splurt something out silly again. You never seem to get tired of me proving you wrong.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ajmusicmedia

Oh, no...not again....

It proves the EU right and physics wrong.

Physics.....is......wrong? You mean, I can walk off of the top of a high building, and not fall?

There is no "plasma" in space....not permeating the entirety of space.....such things are localized.

AND.....if one bothers to understand electricity, and the difference of power versus amperage (study what a "Watt" is), the so-called "EU Theory" falls apart....it really is equivalent to "perpetual motion", in its inanity......

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

It looks like we have different interpretations of the meaning of "flaming", I am just trying to show that you are using bad data.

That diagram? Sure.

Really?

Yes Really

This from the JPL website itself," This applet is provided as a 3D orbit visualization tool. The applet was implemented using 2-body methods, and hence should not be used for determining accurate long-term trajectories"
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

So it's off a few thousand miles. In the Galactic scheme of distance, and the slight error in JPL's simulation, is this the best you can do?

You find nothing interesting nor coincidental, that here's this comet plunging into our solar system, and suddenly there are planetary disturbances from Jupiter's SEB disappearing, Mars Ice cap melting, a the solar cycle revving up, the perturbation of our moon and all of the weird meteorological and geological occurrences, happening world wide?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by ajmusicmedia

Oh, no...not again....

It proves the EU right and physics wrong.

Physics.....is......wrong? You mean, I can walk off of the top of a high building, and not fall?

Weedy, I think many of us here would like you to attempt this experiment and get back with us later.

But seriously, if you want to start your own thread (which you rarely do) on EU then please do and stop attempting to derail this thread. BTW, about this space being a vacuum thingy. You did read my reply to your erroneous post, didn't you?
edit on 29-5-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
A 4-5 km in diameter piece of light rock and ice hurtling through the inner solar system for the first and last time ever has zero effect on anything it does not actually collide with. Why such the fascination and attention to a most insignificant comet is beyond my comprehension. Ever wonder why Leonid Elenin has no particular website devoted to this very unspectacular discovery of a Russian in the last 20 years?!!

Other than it being the first comet discovered by a Russian in 20 years this whole thing is a total yawn. Quite funny though, (not the Russian), the people that make wild unfounded speculations about the comet, that's the funny/sad part.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
You keep posting that picture like it supports your claim.
Here is the picture you have drawn a line on and I have pointed to the line and circled Elenin.
It is obvious to anyone with eyes that they are far aprt(sic) from each other.

and here again with it's new line

Not aligned with anything.

If you would have gone to the JPL website to research and educate yourself, you would know that that line is the axis line provided by JPL, not me.
Thank you for your input Mr. Clown.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

You find nothing interesting nor coincidental, that here's this comet plunging into our solar system....

And, Ladies and Gentlemen, the perfect segue to just why "comet hysteria" rears its ignorant, ugly head every few years......

Comet Hysteria and the Millennium:
A Commentary

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The axis line that goes through the Sun and Jupiter convienantly, but miles off of elenin which renders your point totally invalid. Like every claim you have made in this thread it first needs to be established if there is any truth to it, in the case of the alignments it has not been established, EU has not been established and anything else you feel like mentioning is all total and utter bollocks.
If you want people to believe in something you first need to make it clear that you provide verifiable substance in your argument.
Which I have not seen one piece of as of yet.

So yeah thanks for your input too.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

When drawing a line from comet Elenin to Jupiter, it passes through the sun. I found that the near proximity of the planets and CME’s of interest. They just happen to coincide with the Norway Spiral, and the following 6.0 and greater earthquakes.

December 9, 2009 the separation between the sun and Elenin as viewed from Jupiter was 2º 23' 49". On January 3, 2010, the separtion was 1º 24' 59". It was within that 2º 23' 49" separation until March 23rd, 2010. The point of least separation, at around 0º 54' was on January 28th. So if the alignments somehow caused some phenomenon, why on just those two days days of a more than three month period? And why would something happen on Earth, which over 10º from the Sun and 12º from Elenin as viewed from Jupiter on December 9, 2009 or over 7º from the Sun and 8º from Elenin on January 3, 2010? Keep in mind, Earth is never more than about 12º from the Sun as viewed from Jupiter, so the angular separation was on the high side.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Yes Really
OK.

So it's off a few thousand miles. In the Galactic scheme of distance, and the slight error in JPL's simulation, is this the best you can do?

If you use a higher resolution you will get smaller error margins and you can see that the distance is not that small.

You find nothing interesting nor coincidental, that here's this comet plunging into our solar system, and suddenly there are planetary disturbances from Jupiter's SEB disappearing, Mars Ice cap melting, a the solar cycle revving up, the perturbation of our moon and all of the weird meteorological and geological occurrences, happening world wide?
No, because I don't see how such a small object could have that effect on other astral bodies. Also, if the Mars ice cap (is it the north Mars cap that is melting?) is melting, couldn't that be a result of that solar cycle? And what perturbation of the Moon are you talking about? As for the meteorological occurrences, they are not really new, if you see the news they always say something like "the biggest since year xxxx", so that means that they are not record breaking. I haven't seen any unusual geological occurrences.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

When drawing a line from comet Elenin to Jupiter, it passes through the Earth.

This is partly to what I am referring to as alignment
edit on 29-5-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

On October 25, 2010, there was 1º 43' 47" of separation between the Earth and Elenin as view from Jupiter. It was within that separation until November 15, 2010. It was actually closest to Earth on November 2, 2010 with a separation of 1º 10' 22". So why would it cause something only on October 25th?
edit on 29-5-2011 by nataylor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join