It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO use cluster bomb in Libya

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

NATO use cluster bomb in Libya

ozyism.blogspot.com

The HRI said it has convincing evidence that the cluster bombing blamed on pro-Gaddafi forces was actually carried out by the US navy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

humanrightsinvestigations.org...
edit on 29-5-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This is interesting, it suggests that the same cluster bomb used in Libya and the Libyan regime blamed for, was actually NATO's work.

This is quiet shocking, this looks more and more like Iraq war, as lies are being exposed as the war goes deeper and deeper.

I saw couple of hours ago in Al-Jazeera (live streaming) NATO/British ground forces (armed) operating a long side the rebels. Now they are sending Helicopters, so this is evolving, and as it evolves, things are exposed that most wouldn't believe at the beginning of the interference by NATO.

I guess you can blame propaganda for that, or maybe just naivety, either way, we have failed the truth (at least I have).

ozyism.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 29-5-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
You know, sometimes I think these wars or skirmishes are just a way to recycle ammunition. It gets a little old and moldy, better use it before the powder gets wet.

Are we still dekeing around in Libya? The whole western world against a little patch of desert? We must be holding target practice over there; we should've been in and out of there within a week.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

Yay a blog!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Do you have legit site/ source?

last blogspot site I went to basically destroyed my old laptop, with spyware and viruses.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

just looking for clairfication is this an issue because we were bombing civvlians with said bombs or just that were using them in general if were bombing civvlians thats messed up if were just using the things i dont see the problem as long as were not droppng them like candy or ididots

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLogicalist
Do you have legit site/ source?

last blogspot site I went to basically destroyed my old laptop, with spyware and viruses.

Here is the actual website, I had to hunt it down for you..

humanrightsinvestigations.org...

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG

just looking for clairfication is this an issue because we were bombing civvlians with said bombs or just that were using them in general if were bombing civvlians thats messed up if were just using the things i dont see the problem as long as were not droppng them like candy or ididots

It is not about having them, it is about using them. Who used the weapons in Libya. The Libyan regime denied using Cluster Bombs, the MSM and Mrs. Clinton was very quick to blame the Libyan regime, now signs are coming out, suggesting it wasn't them, rather it was NATO.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
With all the precision weapons at their disposal including Apaches.Cluster bombs are not even effective with such firepower.
What would be the point?
Propaganda BS.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

No disrespect but you kind of answered your own question.

If you know war tactics, demonization is the most important part. In your own comment you used the term propaganda, after asking why would they use such a weapon.

Why was the Libyan regime blamed for the attacks before any investigation took place. That's a lead up question.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It is illegal for NATO to use cluster bombs and in reality there is no real reason for them to do so. However there is every reason for the the other group to use them. The question is why would NATO use a cluster bomb?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This is only used by Spain and Lybia, spain are not involved in Lybia.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
"Why was the Libyan regime blamed for the attacks before any investigation took place".
Well if NATO is not using them that leaves the only other force out there.Whats there to investigate.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Yay a blog!

A banned ATS member's blog irrc.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I do see the conspiracy your trying to lead up to,but with all the crap the Libyan regime has pulled do you really think NATO needs to try and make them look bad?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
"Why was the Libyan regime blamed for the attacks before any investigation took place".
Well if NATO is not using them that leaves the only other force out there.Whats there to investigate.

Two opposing forces were fighting in Misratah, (Libyan regime) and (NATO bombers, drones, missiles (from warships) and rebels). Just reminding you that both sides were bombing, not just the Libyan regime.

So let's leave it at that, if you don't want to believe NATO is capable of such an act, then.... well.... then there is nothing anyone can do, no one can force you to believe in something you don't want to believe in.

Although I can remind you that demonization is normal war procedure.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaydeePNW
The question is why would NATO use a cluster bomb?

NATO use a cluster bomb? Ha. NEVER. We all know NATO is composed of kind, caring people, that would NEVER kill a million people over lies, 10 civilians to 1 military mind you, in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Libya. The NERVE of some people! Suggesting NATO would use a cluster bomb.

/NATO

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I'm all for believing NATO is capable of anything especially if it is beneficial to the cause.
However in this case the risk outweighs any perceived benefit NATO would gain by doing so.
It's just common sense.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by jaydeePNW
The question is why would NATO use a cluster bomb?

NATO use a cluster bomb? Ha. NEVER. We all know NATO is composed of kind, caring people, that would NEVER kill a million people over lies, 10 civilians to 1 military mind you, in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Libya. The NERVE of some people! Suggesting NATO would use a cluster bomb.

/NATO

I guess the Libya forces wouldn't though right? I mean they are clearly the moraly high of the two. And who is investigating but a biased anti-war propaganda website. Hey, I am not at all for any of these wars but using these stupid biased articles is not going to fix the situation. It just causes people to hate the military and that is not a good thing. The hate should be aimed at the politicians that make the calls.

Was I for Iraq? No. Was I for Afganistan? No. Am I for this crap in Pakistan? No. Am I for this libya thing? No. In my opinion it is not our business what happens in another country unless they specificaly ask for our help or they declare war on us. If I had my way all our military would be pulled back to the USA and we sould secure our boarders and become more self sufficient. Other countries can destroy themselfs all they want.
edit on 29-5-2011 by jaydeePNW because: spelling

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh

Yay a blog!

A banned ATS member's blog irrc.

Oozy uses legit sources:

www.presstv.com...

This is his source. I dont understand why such a great member of ATS was banned, still pisses me off.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join