It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home medical remedies

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rede2go

Here are a couple of very common problems that can easily end up killing you.
Sporotrichosis starts out like this..

HOW I ALMOST DIED WITH ORGANIC GARDENING
www.mlmwatchdog.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Sporotrichosis (also known as "Rose gardener's disease"[1]) is a disease caused by the infection of the fungus Sporothrix schenckii.[2] This fungal disease usually affects the skin, although other rare forms can affect the lungs, joints, bones, and even the brain. Because roses can spread the disease, it is one of a few diseases referred to as rose-thorn or rose-gardeners' disease.[3] Because S. schencki is naturally found in soil, hay, sphagnum moss, and plants, it usually affects farmers, gardeners, and agricultural workers.[2] It enters through small cuts and abrasions in the skin to cause the infection. In case of sporotrichosis affecting the lungs, the fungal spores enter through the respiratory pathways.

This is treated with saturated potassium iodide solution, one treatment at any rate, which everyone still has around as protection from radiation.

Ends up like this...

Here it is starting on a young childs face.

This is one nasty infection and more common than you would think. If you make the mistake of waiting for it to heal on it's own you might end up looking like one of the photos above. Nobody wants that.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I use organic oregano oil for skin infections and any other bugs.

I've used it for infections that have started to get REALLY nasty and seen a result with hours. I believe it is very effective against staph. aureus which can be resisitant to anti biotics. It is magnificient for any kind of tooth infection. Just put two drops in a small glass of water and swill your mouth three times a day.

Just use it neat, diluted in some organic olive oil if you have a very sensitive skin, and then rub it in. Use every few hours. Don't be afraid to add a few drops to some water and drink it three times a day also.

I would never go anywhere without it and find it not far off a miracle cure for skin infections.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I treated a large staph infection on my skin with a 500 ppm solution of colloidal silver, used both internally and externally. Took it a few months to heal completely, but it did heal.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Whenever my friend gets an infection he soaks it in epsom salt and it usually takes it away.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
My mom would use tobacco mixed with spit, on bee stings, to draw the poison out

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Personal Natural Cures
(used when medical attention or chemist unavailable)
Athletes foot:-Minced Garlic
Garlic also has been proven to slow reaction time. Careful with internal Doses.

Bleeding:Clean:- Dry tobacco stops the bleeding:Honey has natural antibiotics. (look up how to create a poultice.)

Headache: This one is seasonal unless you think ahead. The flowers from a passion-fruit vine eaten fresh or dried for tea is a great painkiller.

Dandruff/Dermatitis: Stop eating Bread, yeast, Sugar and Beer. See the results after only a few days.

Paw paw:Skin itchiness

Sunlight/Excercise:Grumpy sad and unmotivated days: This catalyzes reactions that make you feel better no need for Drugs.

Ear infection: Half an onion strapped to your ear will give relief sleep overnight. (it works I have tried this as a sufferer of chronic ear infections as a child. Its supposed to draw out the toxins)

Hope this helps
edit on 29-5-2011 by Shirak because: To add the ear infection remedy

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Some options to investigate:

Colloidal Silver (can be purchased or created)
Grapefruit Seed Extract
Oil of Oregano (Oreganol P73 Cream)

Depending on what commercial varient is used, the above may need to be diluted.

More is not always better.

Please read directions and research use alternative before using.

The time to investigate and research is before you need it.

Be prepared.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Kidney stones-2 ounces olive oil & 2 ounces lemon juice,follow with a 2 liter bottle of water

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Rede2go

Hello,
Ayurveda is one best solution for anything and everything. It is getting a lot of appreciation from all communities in India these days.
Following are few things i personally use and felt the effects to get rid of infections:
-- Bob Beck's silver pulsar - this electronic device claims to kill almost 600+ types of pathogens in human body. After going through several hundred webpages about electricity and human body and about this device, i purchased one and started using it when I had a severe skin infection. Just 3 days and everything was completely cured, not a single drug taken.
-- Ozone generator - long ago, i read several secret inventions and discoveries (link is missing now for obvious reasons) which spoke about the benefits of usage of ozone gas. Drinking ozonated water on empty stomach will help in killing pathogens in your body. (So is the reason of administering Hydrogen peroxide on wounds). There are several other benefits of ozone, google can help you learn about it. Laugh when you read : FDA has termed ozone as TOXIC gas, of course it is better to avoid breathing it directly.
-- Silver ion solution - can be made from Bob Beck's instrument itself. Please google. Many say that having silver solution will turn you blue but having the solution which contains silver ions is perfectly normal and i had it for 3 months to see only positive effects.

All these 3 used together can keep your blood clean, healthy and free of toxins.
Disclaimer: I am not promoting any device here but just sharing a couple of good things that I have been using for years to see positive results.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the good info on the many remedies. If I get staph again I will try one of these first. I bought a bottle of Tea Tree Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar and Garlique today.I keep a good supply of honey for all its benefits. I believe we are becoming too dependent on antibiotics and use them for a cure all. I want to learn as much as I can now about home remedies in case they are needed. I'm not one to go to the doctor anyway unless it's necessary.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MzMorbid

WOW!

I knew it was good stuff but this is fantastic.
I have also found not frying it at the begining of cooking and just chucking it in once the food is simmering, wont cause heart burn. But if you do get hb then a shot of apple cidar vinegar works wonders!
Oh and unprocessed honey was the only thing that healed up my husband ankle when he nearly lost his foot in a motorcycle accident a few years ago. The wound was open for nine months (weepy and yuck) before we sacked the doctors and chemist and did our own healing the sweet sticky way!
now he's only slightly damaged

edit on 29-5-2011 by AussieAmandaC because: added info X

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Oooo.. My first post!

Let's start with a little background: I was born with a couple chronic conditions and through my 30 years have learned to distrust, if not outright hate, Western medicine. This has lead me to do a lot of research and grow my own medicinal herbs.

Neem is awesome - if you have source for it. Neem is an evergreen tree with literally +/- 100 pharmacological uses - everything from it's blossoms to sap. More info: www.healthline.com... Neem has antibiotic properties, it seems to inhibit the spread of viruses, and it kills 14 different types of fungi - including candida. I use Neem seeds in my garden, too.

Echinacea, Goldenseal and Calendula (Marigold) have a direct effect on the immune system. Garlic, as previously mentioned, Ginger, Cayenne, and Thyme have antiseptic properties that let our immune system better do its jobs.

I haven't seen Aloe Vera mentioned, yet, but it may well be the best-studied antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal around. Aloe Vera is even effective in our mouths: www.drwolfe.com... Dr. Wolfe is trying to sell his products, but his research is concisely listed at the bottom of the article. Aloe can also stimulate insulin release in Type 2 Diabetics... But I have lost the link to this study, although it was called "Medicinal Plants of India With Antidiabetic Potential"

My kids favorite medicinal herb is Spilanthes or "Toothache Plant" because its leaves, when chewed, have an extreme numbing effect. Every time they find a new victim - I mean friend - they feed them a leaf and watch them oversalivate and poke at their faces. Spilanthes is a tropical plant, but can be grown indoors with great success.

Because I have children, I have an interest in expectorants and cough remedies. My favorites for these are horehound (which is easily incorporated into sugar for hard candies) and mullein.

I grow feverfew for headache relief and it is gaining notoriety as a migraine preventative, although I don't get migraines, so I don't have personal experience with this. Or maybe it's just that good at preventing them... lol

Rosemary is just plain good, but also effective at relieving indigestion and as a mild diuretic.

I grow borage because it's a great companion plant for tomatoes and the blue flowers are very pretty. It's also a good fever reducer, very high in potassium, and the very best at promoting the production of milk for breastfeeding mothers.

Fun stuff, herbs are. HTH

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I remember reading a thread that had all sorts of cures for various cancers, I know your not talking about cancer and i didnt read through the entire thread but maybe you could find some info in it.?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Alcohol is probably the best for many ailments, to pour on wounds, mouth infections or toothache, etc

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esotericizm
I remember reading a thread that had all sorts of cures for various cancers, I know your not talking about cancer and i didnt read through the entire thread but maybe you could find some info in it.?

some enzyme... don't know if it's true. google new cancer cure maybe add enzyme. would be cool if it was true. I can tell you how it is supposed to work but can't recall the name. It allows the cancer cells to self destruct.

umm...strictly ketogenic diet for a diabetic in a dire situation if possible.
nitrous oxide for chest pains or feeling like crap
alcohol for wounds
salt or tea tree oil or oatmeal for acne...tea tree oil for oiliest skin, oatmeal for driest skin.
salt water up the nose for sinus infection
tea or vinegar in a foot soak....tea tree oil too.
oatmeal and grape seed extract for itchy skin
vinegar in the hair for dandruff
piss for bad athletes foot, dandruff or jock itch if YOU ARE REALLY REALLY DESPERATE
vinegar for the same
sulfur for infestations and other itchy skin conditions, exfoliation

EDIT......I forgot also, there is a link about the enzyme around here.
edit on 29-5-2011 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Virgin Coconut Oil

The health benefits of coconut oil include hair care, skin care, stress relief, maintaining cholesterol levels, weight loss, increased immunity, proper digestion and metabolism, relief from kidney problems, heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes, HIV and cancer, dental care, and bone strength. These benefits of coconut oil can be attributed to the presence of lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid, and its properties such as antimicrobial, antioxidant, antifungal, antibacterial, soothing, etc.

www.organicfacts.net...

I have been using virgin coconut oil for almost all of my cooking. As you can see, it has many uses beyond simply cooking though and it may be consumed on its own for the benefits.

I have also seen many other good natural remedies posted here. Good work guys.

Onion
Garlic
Honey
Tea Tree Oil
Aloe Vera
Apple Cider Vinegar
Oil of Oregano
Epsom Salt
...and so many more.

Here's one of many websites dealing with natural remedies:

www.naturalherbsguide.com...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
ChaosMagician, could it be Serrapeptase that you're referring to? It's an enzyme that has many benefits.

The natural Chelation-Anti-Inflammatory Serrapeptase has had wide clinical use - spanning over twenty-five years throughout Europe and Asia - as a viable alternative to salicylates, ibuprofen and the more potent NSAIDs. Unlike these drugs, Serrapeptase is a naturally occurring, physiological agent with no inhibitory effects on prostaglandins and is devoid of gastrointestinal side effects. See Studies and Technical Information.

Serrapeptase digests non-living tissue, blood clots, cysts, and arterial plaque and inflammation in all forms. The late German physician, Dr. Hans Nieper, used Serrapeptase to treat arterial blockage in his coronary patients. Serrapeptase protects against stroke and is reportedly more effective and quicker than EDTA Chelation treatments in removing arterial plaque. He also reports that Serrapeptase dissolves blood clots and causes varicose veins to shrink or diminish. Dr. Nieper told of a woman scheduled for hand amputation and a man scheduled for bypass surgery who both recovered quickly without surgery after treatment with Serrapeptase.

Serrapeptase website
edit on 30-5-2011 by TruthFreedomNow because: Forgot to add the link.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthFreedomNow
ChaosMagician, could it be Serrapeptase that you're referring to? It's an enzyme that has many benefits.

The natural Chelation-Anti-Inflammatory Serrapeptase has had wide clinical use - spanning over twenty-five years throughout Europe and Asia - as a viable alternative to salicylates, ibuprofen and the more potent NSAIDs. Unlike these drugs, Serrapeptase is a naturally occurring, physiological agent with no inhibitory effects on prostaglandins and is devoid of gastrointestinal side effects. See Studies and Technical Information.

Serrapeptase digests non-living tissue, blood clots, cysts, and arterial plaque and inflammation in all forms. The late German physician, Dr. Hans Nieper, used Serrapeptase to treat arterial blockage in his coronary patients. Serrapeptase protects against stroke and is reportedly more effective and quicker than EDTA Chelation treatments in removing arterial plaque. He also reports that Serrapeptase dissolves blood clots and causes varicose veins to shrink or diminish. Dr. Nieper told of a woman scheduled for hand amputation and a man scheduled for bypass surgery who both recovered quickly without surgery after treatment with Serrapeptase.

Serrapeptase website
edit on 30-5-2011 by TruthFreedomNow because: Forgot to add the link.

no, I don't think that is it. I could be wrong but i don't believe so. thanks for looking into it.

There is a recent thread around here about it. I just don't have time to search for it. I have too much house work to do since I have been goofing off the rest of the weekend.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
If its good enough for Jack, It is good enough for me.

"Vinegar & Brown paper"

PEACE,
RK

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I have had three large infections over the past 10 years or so, one of which landed me in the hospital. The only time I didn't go to the doctor to get antibiotics, I simply opened up the sore and removed all of the pus, taking care to dig under the skin to get everything out. Afterward I doused it in either hydrogen peroxide or alcohol, can't remember, and then bandaged it up. Worked out for me, but I guess it depends on how bad the infection is.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join