It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Proposal For A New Law; The Home Religious Acts

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I only read the OP. this idea would not work. there are plenty of laws that keep religion from controlling more than it should and yet it keeps its power due to the followers. Parents are going to teach their children religion even if you don't want them to and people will do as their religion asks simply because they fear being shunned or treated badly because of going against the main groups ideas.

Though you mean well hate to say it just wont work. Just like gun control

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by samusaran253

lol dude people are going to do what the hell they want when they want with their children, you cant force people to not teach their kids something that they want to and you can complain about religion all you want the truth is this world is %&^*$# UP no matter if there is religion or not there will still be wars and problems.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Religion & its property, assets and incomes should be taxable just like any business--- That would level the playing field, bring in oh,my,god amounts of revenue and possibly make some of the users of it to find other means of TAKING.

Real Estate taxes ---can yu imagine the new income streams that now COST ALL to subsidize religion!

Should also take away all these NON PROFIT tax breaks too!!!!

Not fair to the honest hard working people and companies to pay the free loaders who know how to USE the system!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It may just be me, but I've never actually seen anyone force religion on anyone else. Not in America anyway. I've never understood why atheists complain so much about that. As a teenager I didn't believe in God, and I still didn't get it then.
If someone knocks on your door, you can tell them to leave. It's not that big of a deal. I have never heard of anyone being held at gun point and being forced to listen to scripture or sing hymns.

Just because you choose not to participate in organized religion, doesn't mean that you should take that joy away from the people that do.

Also, I'm a parent and if the government tried to tell me that I couldn't teach my children christian values, I would move for the sake of my kids. When it gets that bad, I am so out of here. Who are you anyway, the Atheist Hitler?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

This may have already been addressed, but the OP got me in an immediate reply mode...

What if one's Religion is just being decent and humane in consideration of all living beings?

If I have to leave that at home, no one is gonna like that other side of me that's going to come out in public.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

That's really a way of living, but it still makes a great point. Religion defines how people live their lives. Many people are who they are because of their religion. You can't keep who you are restricted to your home. We're all different and it's something we should embrace. It's what makes us human.
edit on 29-5-2011 by britt because: unintensional extra word

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by samusaran253
This morning I thought of a new idea for a law, the Home Religious Acts, I shall call it. It would respect people's freedom of religion, but absolutely kill off any control religion still has. It would allow religious worship, but only in one's own home. It would disallow parents from forcing their teenagers and children to convert to a religion or follow a religion's teachings of morality. It would eliminate the display of religion in public, I know, it may sound a bit extreme, but it may be the only way to ensure the continue stability and security of the United States. The government will of course respect other people's religious beliefs, but they would have to keep that to themselves, just as one would keep their own sexual deviance to themselves and not express it in public. What do you think of this proposal?

"It would respect people's freedom of religion, but absolutely kill off any control religion still has."

The only control any thing has over people in a supposedly free land is the control they allow it to have. Example: In aFakeReligion all the believers wear bowling shoes to the house of worship, as this is part of their ritual and practice for thousands of years. Thus, the good faithful folks over at aFakeReligion still wear bowling shoes to this day...but they do so of their own free will.

This means if you want to kill off "control" well it doesn't take too long and you don't even have a religion. Just like if you didn't make public school students attend classes in their public schools, well, pretty soon there are no students learning, and the schools are shut down because no one is attending.

" It would allow religious worship, but only in one's own home."

Birds of a feather flock together. People enjoy being around other like-minded people. I'm puzzled as to why you would want to deny people the freedom and ability to gather together.

Whats your next law, all Bowlers have to have their own lanes in their own homes, outlawing bowling alleys?

" It would disallow parents from forcing their teenagers and children to convert to a religion or follow a religion's teachings of morality."

What is wrong with religion conversion? I'm puzzled. Why do you want to take away parents rights? Parents/Legal guardians are responsible for their childs upbringing. Do you also want to take away the choice between public and/or home schooling? Point being: responsible adults are supposedly willing and able to choose what they feel is most well for their children.

Disallow parents from having their children follow religious teachings of morality? Failure to realize not enough the importance of teaching children morality is an incredibly huge problem in America. One of the reasons we have as many youths in trouble with unwanted pregnancy, substance abuse, alcohol use, dressing as if they are paid sex workers, dancing as if they have no self-respect, buying and listening to music where females are called bitches and ho's and glorifying crime/guns/pimps, youths in prison, committing suicide and many more problems is BECAUSE their is a severe lack of morality and a religious upbringing in America. Parenting tip: adults are supposed to lead by example, and they are supposed to use good examples and follow good behavior. That way young people grow into adults that make good choices and contribute to society in a positive and loving fashion.

--------

I give up, I'm not going any further. Best of luck in your endeavors.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Religion has been an excuse for violence, take that away and something else will fill the void. Resources, political affiliation, upper vs lower class, national pride, culture, ect. People in power will use any reason to get people to fight each other, war and violence makes money. It's not the religions who cause these problems it's the people who exploite these religions.
Were does it stop, people fight over sports, should we make it illegal to wear sports logo's or talk about sports outside of your own home? Lower income class decides it's going to riot for food, should we make it illegal to eat/posess food outside of your house?
I think the first step to solving alot of problems is for any organization whether it's religion or government to stay out of people's lives and quit telling people what they can or can't believe in.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by samusaran253
This morning I thought of a new idea for a law, the Home Religious Acts, I shall call it. It would respect people's freedom of religion, but absolutely kill off any control religion still has. It would allow religious worship, but only in one's own home. It would disallow parents from forcing their teenagers and children to convert to a religion or follow a religion's teachings of morality. It would eliminate the display of religion in public, I know, it may sound a bit extreme, but it may be the only way to ensure the continue stability and security of the United States. The government will of course respect other people's religious beliefs, but they would have to keep that to themselves, just as one would keep their own sexual deviance to themselves and not express it in public. What do you think of this proposal?

Communist Russia tried that. Only with less tolerance toward individual religious beliefs.
edit on 30-5-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I think you're just asking for it! Now, I shall go read, and find out if you did!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Wonderful idea. Let's curb that freedom of expression. Can't have morality taught or exposed to anyone. They might learn something that way.
Sexual expression? Same thing.

As a matter of fact, I think we should all wear the same clothes. Same color, same style. That way, no-one could get offended by what someone is wearing.

Lets make houses the same too. Don't want to get someone offended if the house is different than someone elses.

Bad idea. Really really really bad idea. Of course, don't listen to me. I'm a christian.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I would still love to know what people mean when they say ''forcing their religion on me''.

This appears to be the illogical meme for intolerants and those precious, PC types who wish to wrap themselves up in cotton wool, and who consider any outsider's words and looks as a hostile assault on their delicate psyche.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I'm not religious, but I have no problem with churches. Nor do I have a problem with public displays of religious belief. However, I draw the line at recruitment. I would be totally fine with banning the public recruitment and door to door solicitation of religion. I think we all know where the nearest church is in the event we decide to drop in for a sermon.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
I don't think the government needs to restrict anymore freedoms then they already have done. This is what happen to most of our freedoms now. They keep adding laws and statutes to either "keep us safe" or because it "offends" certain people. Prime example with the people dancing at the Jefferson Memorial.
edit on 29-5-2011 by wardk28 because: Edit

I agree with you there, however I am an avid FAN of ANY LAW that Prohibits ANY group (religious or otherwise) from knocking on my door at 8 am on any day trying to hand me some lighthouse crap or any such similar thing!!!

Also I think they should not get federal monies any church. Why does a baptist preacher need a Cadillac? Why does a priest need a gold (14kt) rosary? Ridiculous. They get plenty in tithings from the "parishioners"

I vote for a law making it unlawful for anybody that can be seen as soliciting door to door, yes they are soliciting, they are trying to peddle salvation! Yes, this may stop door to door salesmen as well, ALL the BETTER!!!!
And I see AggyMan said the same thing essentially!lol...

edit on 30-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: clarification

edit on 30-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling and add

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join