It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Giant UFOs Use Clouds to Mask Their Approach?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I think if they where here it could be possible they would use that, but clearly they are not... It would be too dangerous to do so... If they are intelligent, and they are if they can come up to here, than they would use it to hide themselves, but as you would know, we have a lot of air traffic zones. So it would mean that many crashes would happen.... Cause planes fly trough clouds a lot... Just my two penny's here!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I've always thought that can be a possibility,I have been seeing alot of weird clouds as well out here in the north coast of california,but we'll have to wait and see....keep on the look out!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Can Giant UFOs Use Clouds to Mask Their Approach?

Sure, why not? It's great camouflage. I'd do it if I had a ship. Then again it might be just a side effect of their propulsion system in an atmosphere. But even though those lenticular clouds look awesome I don't think that they necessarily hide flying craft. They're natural demonstrable formations. Also, if you wanted to remain hidden then you'd want to hide in asymetrical formations, not ones that might mimic your ship, (unless you want to traumatize the masses!
).

It's interesting that you wrote this thread. Just the other day, right after sunset, my wife and I were on the back porch talking and looking at the dark rain clouds in the distance. In a quick instant there was a bright purplish/pinkish flash right in the center of the largest cell that lit up the entire cloud, and only the cloud, not the sky. There was no noise, no thunder, no intra-cloud bolt, just the bright singular radiating flash. My more rational side was telling me it was probably some kind of ball lightning in the cloud. But after all that I've experienced in my short life, there was another side of me saying that perhaps, just perhaps, there was a ship hiding in there and it zipped off into 'hyperspace'. When I've seen these things zip off they light up the local volume of sky in a faint but noticable flash, and I wondered that maybe that dark cloud refracted and slowed the light for a more lingering effect (0.5 sec or so??). Unfortunately I didn't see anything else that night. But it's fun to think about!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
reply to post by GhostLancer

I don't think our military is using clouds as disguises or aliens for that matter.
Again.
If the UFO could already do all this cloaking why would it need the cloud?
It still make no sense no matter how hard you try to brain F#%$ it.

Get your head out of the clouds was a funny..

Wow... How close-minded are we. UFOs have OBVIOUSLY had a problem with OPTICAL INVISIBILITY or STEALTH since the 1940s since they have been captured on film and video COUNTLESS TIMES. Sure, they can achieve fantastic rates of speed and seem to VANISH BEFORE OUR EYES, yet they can't seem to make themselves invisible.

So, it is not a far-fetched conclusion or speculation that they might employ clouds as "CLOUDCOVER."

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaydeePNW

Originally posted by GhostLancer

Originally posted by jaydeePNW
The main thing that may dismiss this is if a craft that large was to enter our atmosphere is would surely cause a hell of a fire ball of somekind. The clouds would have to go all the way to space to cover that trail. Also all the stuff we have in space would surely pick up something of that size coming. If not then it doesn't need clouds to hide itself. I would think all the jet liners flying by would notice it also... Who knows though..

You are absolutely correct, --in terms of conventional thinking and current knowledge of science. However, in the last 60 years of blatant UFO sightings, MANY of them have vanished into or out of the atmosphere, seeming to defy our understanding of science, ----hardly ever leaving a fireball or sonic boom or vapor trail or friction-trail. Somehow they seem to have gotten around this. But, you are correct in terms of conventional science. And that is one BIG part of the mystery:

How can craft that defy conventional science not achieve OPTICAL INVISIBILITY. Obviously, since there are so many photos and videos of UFOs, they haven't been able to achieve this. Perhaps they have taken to using clouds as the solution to optical invisibility. They might even somehow GENERATE storms and hurricanes to mask entrance and egress to and from our oceans.

I agree with your point on conventional science however I spend a lot of time looking at photos and videos of UFOs (as I want to believe) and am an amature photographer as a hobby and I have yet to see anything I would say is 100% fo sure alien.

Also optical invisability isn't all that high tech. Our current conventional science is already able to do it.
Adaptive Camouflage
I don't see why it would be that hard for an alien craft to use such technology or an advanced version of it.

What you say holds much water. However, UFOs have been VERY VISIBLE over the last 60 years. If they have stealth or invisibility tech, then they haven't been using it.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryinPA
Whether or not these clouds are cloaking UFO's or not, I don't know. But let's say it is true. Now some here say that an advanced civilization wouldn't need to use a cloud as a cloaking device. But that's assuming that civilization is as advanced as we think they should be. Yes, advanced enough for space travel, but perhaps not in other things. We earthlings may in fact have technology that those space aliens don't have, or never thought of.
edit on 30-5-2011 by LarryinPA because: Mis-spelled cloud as could

WOW. A very interesting slant on things, a nice reversal. A STAR for your THOUGHTS.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
reply to post by GhostLancer

This theory makes no sense. First off, the UFO would need to be cloaked from dopler radar,visible spectrum,infrared spectrum and scanning radiometers from geostationary weather satellites. No need to get into what the military has on the table.
If the UFO could already do all this cloaking why would it need the cloud?.
It would not! So get your head out of the clouds.

Very good point. Like most other things in the UFO world, there is no satisfactory answer to any of the "why" questions. Perhaps they are the wrong questions.

However, consider how hard the technologies are. We already have the ability to largely hide an aircraft from radar and to make it fairly hard to observe in the infrared. Visual invisibility is much more difficult due to the short wavelengths and relatively quiet background. Making a cloud should not be very difficult.

And, I saw a cloud once over the Maryland D.C. suburbs that gave me pause...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryinPA
Whether or not these clouds are cloaking UFO's or not, I don't know. But let's say it is true. Now some here say that an advanced civilization wouldn't need to use a cloud as a cloaking device. But that's assuming that civilization is as advanced as we think they should be. Yes, advanced enough for space travel, but perhaps not in other things. We earthlings may in fact have technology that those space aliens don't have, or never thought of.
edit on 30-5-2011 by LarryinPA because: Mis-spelled cloud as could

Could be, and let's speculate a bit further. "They" could be have use of technologies that they can neither understand or completely control. If may be a lot less grief to go relatively low-tech at times.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I think LarryinPA and Disownedsky make excellent points.

When speculating about subjects of the 'unknown' there's a tendency to ascribe magical like powers and abilities to it, UFOs/flying saucers being a good example. But most likely they are nuts and bolts things, that can break and malfunction and just screw up in general, made by biological machines much like ourselves, with just as many flaws and virtues as us. There may have been many places in their history where they zigged and we zagged, creating certain specific 'blind spots' in their discoveries and advancements... but that holds true for us as well.

Heck, strawberry icecream and peanut butter may be the most sought after delicacies on this side of the galaxy, and THATS why they make the arduous trek to this simian controlled island in the cosmos!

edit on 31-5-2011 by Flux8 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
They can but it is not necessary. Light bending and emf disruption can render most all radars from returning a signature on the crafts and they definitely cannot bee seen with the naked eye when they do this.

I cant imagine why all the hoopla about Lockheed Breeches. Its good technology

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I dont think it would be practical,
If they could fly across the universe instantly,
Then they could just hangout further away in outerspace,
while watching with their telescopes,
or they would probably just send in little probes or drones that looks like stars

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flux8
ating certain specific 'blind spots' in their discoveries and advancements... but that holds true for us as well.

Heck, strawberry icecream and peanut butter may be the most sought after delicacies on this side of the galaxy, and THATS why they make the arduous trek to this simian controlled island in the cosmos!

edit on 31-5-2011 by Flux8 because: (no reason given)

I, for one, would definitely cross the vast emptiness of interstellar space for Belgian chocolate and single malt....

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Has anyone seen the video with the lightning clouds in the distance with a 'UFO' flying in, out and around it? Someone supposedly 'in the know' said these ships do that to help mitigate the intensity of the lightning/storm by absorbing some of the energy in the clouds, because it's part of the way they recharge. Who knows, but maybe it's true. I wouldn't argue with that speculation. In this case they wouldn't be hiding necessarily, but they would be surfing the currents!

And Belgian chocolate... yum. Makes me hanker for a slice of that chocolate rum cake I had at Mortons long ago!
edit on 2-6-2011 by Flux8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
you might want to think of it this way. A person who is color blind to the color red cannot see things in the same way as those who are not color blind.

A person who cannot see other worldly ships, can see something else - clouds. Everyone on the planet has been told, time and time again, that there are only clouds in the sky. To think or speak otherwise will bring only wrath. Over time, the entire populous becomes color blind to anything in sky that might be something other than a cloud - all they see are clouds no matter what. There is a kind of adaptation that just happens where the collective accepts the program handed to them, as it would never occur to them that there is even a program.

If you are a being who does not want to be seen by the masses, you simply do as many on earth do, you blend in. If you are in the sky you can do two things, turn sky blue, or turn into a cloud structure. The folks on the planet can't see anything other than clouds, so the cloud camouflage is perfect.

Yes, much of what you see in the sky is not a cloud. Stop looking with your eyes and look with another sense that isn't color blind and you will see it, not with your eyes of course.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman
... Yes, much of what you see in the sky is not a cloud. Stop looking with your eyes and look with another sense that isn't color blind and you will see it, not with your eyes of course.

Well, that begs the question. How does one do that? Consistently. Predictably? I had my own experience and I know there's something to it, but how does one train themselves to "sense" what is really there? What is that other sense that isn't color blind that you speak of? Or are you talking metaphorically?

For the record, I've seen/experienced my fair share so I'm not being facetious.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: GhostLancer

I am reviving this 2011 thread to add some current and relevant content:

news.yahoo.com...
MYSTERIOUS WAVE-LIKE CLOUD HUGS GRAND TETON MOUNTAINS IN WYOMING

What's most curious about the top photo, is that this cloud-wave seems "attached" to one peak. Was it "venting" something?

This state has more than its share of hot springs and steam caves. From Yellowstone Park in the NW corner, to a well known hot springs 100 miles away:

geoheat.oit.edu...
THERMOPOLIS, WYOMING: HOT SPRINGS STATE PARK
edit on 23-2-2015 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Let's play "What if"!

Humans, a very young and progressing species, can make holograms where dead people can perform live concerts (2pac hologram).

This is young technology.

Let's imagine a spacefaring species that has tech and energy properties we think is Sci if fiction.

Imagine the hologram technology they have, where what we think is a cloud, may be an artifical replica via hologram.

Thanks for entertaining my brain :3

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join