It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DJINN VS DEMONS: Different names for the same being or is there more to it?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by maung

Thanks maung and no problem... Your post is perfectly understandable...

Do you have any personal experiences with jinn?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
As far as I can tell they are the same as the Fairie Kingdom - with regional differences due to local culture and a desert climate - lifespan of many thousands of yrs with the young being different from the mature adults (reptillian).

They seem to have huge variation amongst themselves with different clans, tribes, types and attitudes towards humans.

According to Islamic lore this world was once theirs - the Black and Red djinn are said to have a pathological hatred for humanity and are seeking our destruction and a way to return. They can appear in any guise they choose to a human and could well be what many have described or summoned as demons.

Mo's encounter in the cave fits the description of a Djinn to a tee!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Aren't Djinns responsible for all the UFO sightings, crypto ceatures, etc.

They create these things to keep us UNAWARE from what they have in store for us..what it is? no clue

They are playing tricks on us just to maintain control

However, Rosemary Ellen Guiley and Philip J. Imbrogno came to a sort of theory in Vengeful Djinn great read if you ever have the time, it will shed some light on the subject and in many ways makes sense.

edit on 30-5-2011 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

Thank you for the link...Excellent read
I am about to embark on reading extensively on the Gnostics here shortly...I am always looking for different theories that may perhaps explain a few unexplained or cloaked things...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
djinns are for real. very few people can communicate with them, but there are the chosen ones who can.
I know of a guy talks to djinns. the jinns he talks to live in the mountain caves. according to him, they come out at night. he actually goes into caves or calls our for them to communicate with them. this person is well known as someone with ESP abilities. sorry, I can't remember his name but it's a young guy. sometimes he relies on djinns to get some information.
edit on 30-5-2011 by betweentheworlds because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by h_jordan

Fire can also be used from what I have read .

They are also at times called " Familiars " . To these entities it is also said that to know it's name is to hold power over it .

Communication of this nature can be dangerous and should be avoided . This act of summoning such things is no easy task . Some of these rituals can take anywhere from days with some of the shorter rituals and up to six months for some of the longer ones .

A large part of the various rites involve different types of scenery depravation as well as other forms of mental build ups .

edit on 30-5-2011 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Khaaaaaan!!
reply to post by beltemps

Hi Beltemps......................since you brought up jinn.

I'm going to share a link that I consider "just a good read" I am not promoting the link in any way. It is just something I found one day and favorited. Do I believe it?............................

encounter with a jinn.

Yup, I agree it's a very interesting read. Thank you Khan... What do I make of it? Depends on the source and how credible it is. I read Hank's bio and I have to admit that he seems to be a genuine researcher in this field. Let me put it this way. I do believe that he believes that he had an encounter with a jinn. So I don't think he' s a sharlatan.

Besides the question of credibility you have to ask yourself if it was really a jinn he was talking to. Assumed it was not a dream, not a hallucination or a dialog with his subconcious would a jinni reveal himself that easily?

I don't know what to make of it but it was a very fascinating read...

edit on 31/5/11 by beltemps because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by betweentheworlds
djinns are for real. very few people can communicate with them, but there are the chosen ones who can.
I know of a guy talks to djinns. the jinns he talks to live in the mountain caves. according to him, they come out at night. he actually goes into caves or calls our for them to communicate with them. this person is well known as someone with ESP abilities. sorry, I can't remember his name but it's a young guy. sometimes he relies on djinns to get some information.
edit on 30-5-2011 by betweentheworlds because: (no reason given)

Wow, that sounds interesting! This young guy, did he have his encounters in the west or in the east? Sorry that sounded a bit stupid
what I meant is this happened in the middle east or in the US/ here in europe?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

Elias, I agree totally. Their book is amazing especially since they treat the topic very respectfully. I am really looking forward to their next book about interdimensional portals...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

Fire can also be used from what I have read .

They are also at times called " Familiars " . To these entities it is also said that to know it's name is to hold power over it .

Communication of this nature can be dangerous and should be avoided . This act of summoning such things is no easy task . Some of these rituals can take anywhere from days with some of the shorter rituals and up to six months for some of the longer ones .

A large part of the various rites involve different types of scenery depravation as well as other forms of mental build ups .

edit on 30-5-2011 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

yup, i agree, form what i read/hear, anyone who is willing to take the effort to contact Jinn actually can, there are few shamans in africa who accept to teach people how to summon and comunicate with Jinn, like you said it can take months to get to that goal, they call it "kholwa" in arabic, a person should stay alone in a room for months and should not leave it, allowed to consume very very little food and water, he/she must say certain words and verses for hundreds/thousands times, must not sleep for long periods of time ,,etc, then eventually he will be contacted by Jinn and is able to make a deal with some of them if both agreed on certain conditions, i am sure i read somewhere that Jinn can provide only two services to humans, bring them information and create illusions whenever needed, nothing else.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Thanks h_jordan... Do you have the source? Khalwa is a soletary retreat in sufism, usually for 40 days... But I haven't found anything on Jinn in this context...

edit on 1/6/11 by beltemps because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
In here in indonesia, some people still use djinn for their own benefit or be friends. They put djinn ( or djinns ) in their body to gain more power that works like chi power or sharp object proof even bullet proof.

There are easy way too , some people offering their service to do it, and they put charges on it depends on the ability or how long they will have it.

Traditional old weapons like keris or kujang that have special ability always got djin inside it, the maker of weapons call empu would take the most of the time for making weapon, just filling weapons with powerfull djinn.

There are marrieage too between human and djinn with lots of reason. Some cos the djinn ( usually female djinn ) ask someone to marry her, but most of the marriage are people want to earn easy money marrying them. If you google in indonesian language, nikah dengan jin, you will have lots of article ( even most of it just not worthed ) and ads too about someone who capable to find a djinn and marry them with human with conditions.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by maung

Wait a minute, maung... Human-jinn marriages, people use jinn to get stronger and weapons with jinn inside them? That's hard to grasp... Did you ever see a jinn, are there any fotos of human - jinn relations or at least reliable witnesses and how do you know if a weapon has a jinn inside?

It's amazing to hear that jinn are so integrated in indonesian society... Wow...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by beltemps

Thanks h_jordan... Do you have the source? Khalwa is a soletary retreat in sufism, usually for 40 days... But I haven't found anything on Jinn in this context...

edit on 1/6/11 by beltemps because: (no reason given)

hi beltemps, sadly all i can find about is in arabic, i found nothing in english, khalwa is the ritual where a person stays completely alone for a periode of time to achieve a certain thing, it is practiced by a lot of sects for different periods for different purposes, sufi's does it as well as others.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The " Abramelin Grimoire  " is a rite that takes 6 months to complete .

There are some very interesting stories surrounding that book , worth doing a few searches

As I mentioned earlier , Picatrix is also an interesting book on creating a talisman , infusing an item with a demonic power . Picatrix was written in Arabic but was recently translated .

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by beltemps

I dont have any fotos of djin but ever saw few fotos that seems real. And i saw few times of them , some bad, some good, and few attack from them too. I have some friends that can see them. My good friend often interact with them and can see them clearly even got things from them, mostly weapons, stones and few artifact that hundreds or thousand year old.

About people put djin inside them, it happen often enough, like when im in high school, a close friend of mine just want to have a special ability, a knife or sword proof. He go to this town cianjur with my other close friend and met this old guy, a shaman.
Then this shaman do something to him that need not much time about 2 hour or so and its done. That time ( 1993 ) he must pay him about more or less us $ 7, but he gut that ability for 3 month and can be extended with some charges of course. Minus thing what he had if someone attack him with 2 knife stab his body in the same time, only one knife that cant hurt him but the other can cos he only pay for lower ability.

For stuff like ancient weapons or stones it is common in here that they would put the price on it base of the ability ( if someone want to sell it but it is not often for high grade weapons and must follow some "spiritual" rule ).
Basically the power are for fighting ( attack and defend ), to lure in any form include improve someone image and charm, for healing, to have spiritual ability, to curse, for protection, to get more money in certain way and some black weapons or stones are just bad that only want blood or life without nothing for return.

For example a first class merah/mirah delima stone ( red ruby )in any level would have at least sharp object proof ability when someone wear it. In here they called it hair cut proof cos thats the easy way to proof it, just hold that stone and someone cut your hair and see if they can.
Then they put it to a small chlotes bag and wear it on a chicken, then shoot that chicken with a gun to test if it has a bullet proof ability for higher level.

Then someone wanna sell a keris ( traditional weapon ) that have anti bullet proof ability, so they will try to cut that chicken to proof it. I have seen that that really work, quite amazing, but that things will be so expensive.

The basic rule of selling this stuffs that both part and the middle man must have met agreement and warranty from the seller that it wont disappear for some times ( depends of the agreement ) cuz when it disappear, it will go back to the previous owner and it considered as cheating. Most case when it happen simply the djinn refused to stay with new owner so the deal is broken and seller must give the money back.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Djinn is arabic for demon, i know i live in an arabic country Nuff said.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowZion
Djinn is arabic for demon, i know i live in an arabic country Nuff said.

I didn't know that just living in an arabic country makes you an expert on djinn/demons....

well actually djinn and demons are not exactly the same since demons always represent the concept of evil while djinn can represent both...

moreover according to th quran djinn were created as a race of its own, after the angels and before man... according to western beliefs demons are fallen angels...

I concur though that in middle east djinn are commonly referred to as being evil in the same way as westerners use the term demon...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by maung

What I find most fascinating is how the djinn seems to be part of daily life and the people's belief system in indonesia... thanks for this...

maung, how is the media in indonesia treating this subject? is it something you don't talk about openly or is discussed as any other subject?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Its all the same load of b.ll..ks. The mind boggles at the level of peoples superstitions and fear driven imagination.

There is no God, no Devil, no Demons, No Ghosts. Only people who are gullable, easily spoon fed and like sheep (80% of the worlds populas).

What there is can be explained in the overlapping of time, dimension and space! Reminence is a fact of nature.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join