It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright light after passing of Grandfather

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
A number of years ago my grandfather passed away. I travelled with my baby son for the funeral even though my grandfather and I hadn't been particularly close, I felt it important that I attend.
After the funeral, the wake was held at my grandparents home. Come bedtime I learned my son and I were to sleep in my grandfather's bed.
My grandmother was to sleep in the other bed (my grandparents had a single bed each in the same room).
Granny settles into bed and I am dead tired so I settle my son and I into the other bed. When Granny turns the light out the room is pitch black. I cannot see my hand in front of my face let alone see my son next to me.

My son is only about 12 months old at this stage and is very grizzly and wont settle for more than a few minutes at a time. He's uncomfortable and the room is very cold it being winter.
My son and I sleep but with much tossing and turning. I feel as though my son is waking up every half hour crying, in turn waking me also.

After the hundredth time (it fells like) I wake to find my son sort of kneeling on me with his hands on my chest and his folded knees on my stomach. He is smiling at me. The most brilliant light is shining from behind him and my first thought is that it's morning. I quickly realise that this light is different. It's brighter than the sun and pure white but doesn't hurt my eyes. I felt so calm and happy. I touch my sons face and I say "My potato boy" a few times. My son is beaming like I have never seen him smile. I roll my son off my chest to my side and we fall into a deep sleep.

I wake again and it is early morning. The light in the room is dim, nothing like the light from before (the only window in the room was only a few feet from the solid brick wall of the house next door). I get up and go to organise my son's breakfast. Granny is in the kitchen already so I ask her if she saw anything unusual last night and she says no. I tell her what had happened and she looks at me strangely. Being a strict catholic (as was my grandfather) she is not willing to accept what I had told her so she changes the subject.

I was wondering if anyone else has had an experience like mine and also what people's opinions are.
I do not know the significance of "Potato boy" but my granddad was Scottish/Irish and used to be very poor.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bee2010

My son is beaming like I have never seen him smile. I roll my son off my chest to my side and we fall into a deep sleep.

You rolled him off you, but you do not mention that you were then able to see the source of the light. Are you sure you were not dreaming?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

I was staring at my son as I rolled him to the side so I did not look into the light. I was mesmerized by his smile as it was so different to how he usually smiled and it was so luminous. As I rolled him of me I rolled too onto my side from my back. I cannot be sure I was not dreaming though I have never had a dream like this. I would swear that I was wide awake and then peaceful. It was with the peaceful feeling that I closed my eyes just after my son closed his and we went to sleep.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
My mum saw her father when he died, I saw my grandfather(her father) smile at me when my father died.

It was the strangest thing. He smiled at me when I came back from the hospital, I was awake but dreaming.

Then my mum came in and told me he died. He was an alcoholic, but a good man.

Goodluck mate it hurts..
edit on 29/5/11 by sevensheeps because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing. The only thing I got for ya is back 11 years ago when my granny died i was sitting at work with a co-worker talkin bout Sammy Sosa when all of the sudden a rush of energy went thru me and my co-worker noticed it. He asked what the hell was that all about I told him all's I know is, that was weird. There was a feminine smell left behind that we both could smell and by feminine I mean flowery, lineny, fragranty, nice, calm, motherly smell. 30 seconds later my boss calls and says I have a phone call on line 1 and there was my dad telling me my gram had just passed away.

new topics

top topics

join