It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police ‘Stayed In Car As Yobs Beat Woman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
This is cops at their finest and dumbest moments. Wow! Any officer who's brain did not signal red alert to the situation must be brainless. I mean come on, its happening right in front of them, and its their duty to respond because that's what they're hired to do. Protect the the public. Well, they FAILED.

A STUDENT risked her life to help a woman being beaten by thugs – because police parked only yards away refused to leave their patrol car.

The victim was lying on the pavement in full view of the two policemen when Marie Wastlund, 27, saw three hooded figures punching and kicking her.

The officers, parked 25 yards away, ignored her pleas for help. They left the car only when Miss Wastlund’s friend banged on their window. But by then the yobs had fled.

The attack happened in the St Paul’s district of Bristol at 5am on Sunday. Yesterday Miss Wastlund said of the officers: “We were waving and shouting at them to help. Anyone with half a brain could see something was going on. It’s scary that police so close did nothing.”

Read more: www.express.co.uk...

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Come on OP you should know better. You should know by now 2 cops on there own are useless. Now if this was a whole unit against peaceful protesters THEN they would have stepped in with force.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

If the cops knew she was being beaten and didn't do anything,
there could be a conspiracy, the cops could have hired those thugs.

Some questions that come to mind:

-Was she involved with cops, like for example did she recently go to court? Has she filed a complaint, or somehow been involved with Police?

-Was she affiliated to any groups the government spies on (this is important because US agencies spy on activists and other unpreferred groups)?

-Was they (cops) eating McDonalds? This is important because a lot of extra large lazy cops are hired and they won't let an assault ruin their extra large lunch. I mean if they got out of the car, walked towards the scene, the thugs would run, then they have to run after them, GOSH..

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
The least they could have done was blow their whistles. lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Whistles?

Anyway, St. Pauls can be pretty rough at times - I have no problems with the assumption that the police were too afraid to step out of their car and deal with the problem.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Was she a crackhead? She probably tried to rip those young thugs off. She probably tried to snatch a baggie of some powder or something. The cops might have had serious issues with this person. This story has too many unknowns to judge the situation.

I am not saying it is ok to beat a woman because she ripped them off. But if she did, she did have it coming.

I do emphasize "if she did".

There are alwaye two sides to a story.

edit on 29-5-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

With all due respect, if a cop is afraid to put their neck out to lend assistance to citizens in peril, they need to be in a different line of work. I used to patrol a neighborhood where we would be shot at, at least twice a week and that didn't stop us from doing our jobs.
edit on 29-5-2011 by Redwookieaz because: spelling

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
They only get out of the patrol car if the thugs were dancing. If they had been dancing, SWAT would have been called onto the scene.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

Hold on, I didn't say it justified their behaviour in any way - not even close.

What I am familiar with is both the area and the police who frequent it and elsewhere. I can assure you that unless they have been told to respond to a call or something similar then they're quite happy to spend the rest of their time attempting to catch speeding motorists and the like.

The officers' behaviour is pretty much indefensible, and the statement made by Avon and Somerset police on this indecent is extremely typical and nonchalant of them. Here it is in case you missed it in the article;

I am grateful to the witness for reporting the incident and bringing to our attention her concerns about a police car nearby.

Well, that's just great - isn't it?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

I know you weren't justifying their behavior. I apologize if it sounded like I was inferring that. I just added, "with all due respect..", so that you didn't think I was attacking you. Sorry if it made it sound exactly like what I was trying to avoid. Tone can be pervasive at times in type.

edit on 29-5-2011 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Well in the UK you're not allowed to defend yourself. If this woman had tried she'd be in jail for it www.abovetopsecret.com...

The justice system in the UK seems to favor the criminal.

new topics

top topics

join