It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian man VANISHES in hunt for Turkey's Noah's Ark

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I've been digging on the internet to find some updates for the recent discovery of the so called Noah's Ark some time in 2009 by a group of Turkish and Chinese evangelical explorers.

For those who are not familiar with this you can view it here

Noah's Ark Found in Turkey?

Evangelists claim Noah's Ark found

Here is the team's official website Noah's Arc Search Network

Now onto the main subject

Christian man vanishes in hunt for Noah's Ark
All evidence of missionary disappears without a trace

Lost raider of the ark: Pictured is Donald Mackenzie of Stornoway, Scotland, a Noah's Ark hunter who mysteriously vanished in September 2010 while searching for the biblical vessel on Mount Ararat in eastern Turkey. His friend, Florida filmmaker Jeremy Wiles, is trying to find him.

The Jupiter, Fla., filmmaker can be described as a man of obsession – obsessed with Noah's Ark since his childhood, and today obsessed with locating his friend and fellow ark hunter who mysteriously vanished on Turkey's Mount Ararat in September, sparking the worst kind of speculation.

"It's feared there was an accident or he was murdered," Wiles told WND. "I helped organize an expedition to find him, but he wasn't discovered."

The missing man is 48-year-old Donald Mackenzie, a missionary from the small town of Stornoway, Scotland, nestled on the isle of Lewis in the country's Outer Hebrides. He was said to be passing out Bibles in a small, Turkish village in the final days before his disappearance.

What makes this more than just a typical "man lost on a mountain" story is the fact that Mackenzie was looking to verify April 2009 claims by Hong Kong evangelists that they had found the remains of Noah's Ark on the mountain.

But as WND has reported, there have been serious doubts thrown on claim the ark was located on Ararat, with allegations of wood being hauled up the slope to fool people into thinking the biblical boat was actually there.

"Now it is a fraud, the whole thing is a fraud," said Maggie Jean. "The Chinese people are making money out of this, making it a tourist [attraction], paying people to carry wood up, maybe to build an ark, I don't know. Don could have come across them, and there could have been a confrontation. But on the other hand, I'm just hoping that he's been captured by the [Kurdish rebel group] PKK, or he's still alive. I don't like to think of the confrontation part of it, because there'd be a few of them and one of Donald. ... Everybody over there knows it's a fraud, that it's not true that they found anything. But it's amazing what they can do, you know, attack tourists."

Wiles agrees with Donald's mother about the bogus nature of the Hong Kong group's discovery, telling WND: "There has never been any solid evidence provided by an independent group of scientists to substantiate their claims. On the contrary, my Turkish contacts in Dogubayazit have told me it is a fraud. One of my contacts, who is also a good friend, was hired to carry wood up the mountain. When he found out it was being used as part of a project to reconstruct the remains of Noah's Ark inside a cave and deceive the world for profit and fame, then he backed out all together."

Could this be just all a hoax for tourist attraction and fame?

According to godandscience.org

A more serious challenge to the authenticity of the "ark" comes from Christian archeologist Randall Price.3 Price signed onto the project in early 2008. During that spring and summer, he attempted to join the expedition to the Mt. Ararat site, but was always thwarted by the Kurdish guide, Paraşüt. The attempts by Paraşüt to control access to the site made Dr. Price suspicious. Subsequently, Price was informed by locals in Dogubabyazit that they had personal knowledge of a hoax by Paraşüt. According to those sources, Paraşüt and his workers transported wood from Ezurum to the cave over a period of one and a half years. However, these locals are also to lead Dr. Price on his own expedition to Mt. Ararat summer, 2010, and so might have a stake in a missing, rather than a found, ark.

Source

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I don't see how something mythical could exist, it's a hoax.
It's just like saying unicorns exist....

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Wait.... A Christian man "vanishes?"

RAPTURE!

We're # now

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1

best not to be to certain of anything....

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1

The actual existence of the ark has nothing to do with this thread. It's about a dude going missing.

And I hope he just got lost, not what I'm thinking.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I think he was kidnapped and murdered.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
i hope they find him i dont think the ark is there though

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I bet it was Harp, bah the US govt. strikes again.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by balon0

Considering the ice on the side of Ararat is full of crevaces, 99% chance he just fell into one & his body probably won't be found for hundred or thousands of years.

new topics

top topics

join