It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's the End of May, and it's 43*F outside~!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Yep. Colorado is known for weird weather. BUT! Until today (now it's warm with tornado warnings) it's been really chilly. I was out on Saturday night and it was raining and FREEZING! I don't remember it ever being quite as cold this close to June.
This week it's suppose to be in the 90's. (sigh)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
MAY 30at 1:30 pm

The Sparrow chicks are still alive. They must have a god Mother keeping them warm at night. Hooray!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This cold winter was predicted by the people who watch sun spots, do NOT believe in Global Warming/Climate Change, and DO believe that the Sun drives weather and controls climate.

Because of the unusually low sun spot count of this sun cycle and the previous, they are predicting that we will be going into a mini-ice age for around the next 100 years.

My research tells me that it is likely that the Ice Age that we are in is currently reglaciating and scientists from the 60s and 70s who said we are entering a NEW Ice Age,

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I live in Oregon too, I've been here for more than 30 years and I can't recall such a cold Memorial Day weekend. Usually this time of year I could go camping and sleep ontop of my sleeping bag, instead I have to sleep in a tent in a sleeping bag wrapped in a couple blankets! It's cold!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
I'm in the Texas Gulf Coast area and it is H-O-T!!! We are in the middle of a drought. When I mowed my yard 5 days ago it looked like a dust storm had hit my property and it took 2 baths to scrub all the dust off! We are used to it being in the 90s at this time of year but the dryness is disturbing. In recent history when it has been so dry this time of year within a few months we were hit by major hurricanes. We rode out Rita and Ike and I am not looking forward to another hurricane, but so far the weather services are predicting a rough season this year.

They always predict a rough season

every year seems to be an "above average year" and then nothing major happens, i do hope texas gets a few this season

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto

Originally posted by Komodo
reply to post by virraszto

WOW.. ~!!
Actually filled the pool to the brim......that's definitely of note~!!!

2nd to be sure

The pool was not empty. It was about 18 inches from the top. This is the first year we wont have to have water hauled to fill it.

didn't figure it was empty, but 18" x the dimentions of the pool (even a small one) would still be a good dose of rain..

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dxthegame

Crater Lake snowed in.. never heard of it ~!! LM*O ~!!!!! yea.. Definitely something is amiss..

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

WOW !! 8 days ~!
Yea.. wooden poles....against 200mph winds..
you'd THINK they would run that crap under-the-ground... OR turn all the poles to metal as some are here but nope.. lets chop another tree instead..

Yea.. never understood that .. but I'm not a linesmans .. but.. some day I hope common sense will prevail..

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indecent
It is 91 degrees where I live. Hardly abnormal, perhaps watching the weather (not just for your area) will show you that nothing strange is happening.

well, reading from these posts.. I'm getting the feeling like it's there's more members out there that are saying something is definitely changing or it's a flux...MORE than members saying it's normal ..

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MACchine

deeply appreciate a scientific research on this~! Star for sure! But, Riddle me this, how can Sun spots account for the near freezing temps in some places and blistering hot in other areas of the US; European countries seem to be pretty normal, if my memory serves me correctly from reading the entire thread.

In my mind, I personally believe that it's ALL the above, sun spots, earth axis shifting, cloud-seeding overkill (for multiple reasons, which pretty much boil down to greed), carbon emissions, etc..

Would Sun spots truly make the mid-west have 900+ Tornadoes even before it's season??

I can agree spots do make a impact but, not with whats happening right now.. (IMO)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Session13

Thanks Session~! I was wondering if it was just me or was there REALLY something else going on. Oh yea.. and today.. made me a liar of sorts.. it cracked 60*F today.. LOL..

and i'm actually typing this w/o my hoddy on LOL yaY~! shoot now i remember it .. I haven't had it on all day and never had to sit on my hands to warm them up ..

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Where I live it was 91°F on Cinco de Mayo. According to forecasts, on June 1st, it will b 65°F.

I remember in the past that the start of June was pretty mellow, but it was never this mellow. I have no idea what's going on.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
and it's the 1st of June... back to siting on my hands again to keep them warm as well as putting my hood up on my hoodie.. brrrrrr

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It's a few degrees cooler than normal for this time of year on the west coast. It's a La Nina year, which accounts for the wetness and cold. This yea just happens to be more pronounced. Hardly apocalyptic.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
well..finally found something of note.. and kinda surprised that it's been this cold in the past ..

Weather History for Forest Grove in June

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join