It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's the End of May, and it's 43*F outside~!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Much thanks, Kom. My parent and sibling (who live 15 miles away from me) had to sit with their power out for 8 hours. The wind knocked down three trees she said, according to the electric company workers. Those wires on their wooden poles. 2011, and still--------19th century wooden poles with a long tangle of wires for Thomas Edison's expen$ive electricity for poor people. (From the local nuclear power plant.)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
cincinnati here, its been 70-90 this weekend. today its 90. Goin to the pooL!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It is 91 degrees where I live. Hardly abnormal, perhaps watching the weather (not just for your area) will show you that nothing strange is happening.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Well I'm in Germany right now and we've got aroun 90°F here today ( 30°C ), whixh is utterly hot.

So I assume the global average has not changed a bit.

That's the thing with weather .. sometimes it's colder and sometimes warmer.

Sometimes you get a drought and sometimes a flood.

Weather thus.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It's that global warming.. uh, I mean "climate change".

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I KNOW!!! Everyone is planting their gardens for the third time in North Idaho! I will say this has been the case for the last three or four years according to my fragile memory. Two years ago we had an inch of snow on June 10. I feel this is a sharp contrast to the late 1990s. Back then it was 90+ from july to october. I am not old enough but I also know from talking to folks that it used to be a lot colder in the winter. Now we have a winter that will frees/thaw/frees/thaw/frees/thaw. What I simply don't know is if this is a normal cyclical thing or if it is actual climate change.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Thank GOD for global warming lol.I'm ready for a ice age.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I can remember summers as a child in Wisconsin. Every day the temperature would be in the high 90s July-August. The last few years now, it's barely gotten over 90. The 8 months of winter is really killing me.

It was about 45F here this morning btw. Hasn't really been over 70F for more than a day at a time since the beginning of the year. Doesn't look like it will get over 70 and stay there for the next 10 days. Maybe a day or two. Definitely not normal!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It was 61 degrees here in Las Vegas yesterday. It should have been in the high 90's! Today is nicer, but we have barely run our air conditioners yet. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind saving money on energy consumption, but I've never seen anything like this.

We have also noticed that it is much windier here, almost everyday. I live next to a lush park that my kid likes to play at but it seems that we can only go over there every so often because we have 20-25 mph winds regularly. It makes it very chilly and just straight annoying with it so windy. We have tons of con trails here, I see them a lot.
edit on 30-5-2011 by White Locust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

LOL, come to Chicago sometime.

last week we had temps in the 40s, today we are in the 90s.

However just because I can I will say this. Global warming is not only about "warming", its also about the wild swings in weather we will see as things "heat up".

Better get used to it!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
How can you complain about the cool weather?? It's going to hit almost 100 this week here in Eastern Ga.. and I can almost guarantee that sometime next week we will see damaging storms pass through us again..

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldave
reply to post by Komodo

Hello neighbor.
It's been a bit chilly here in Seattle lately also.

We set the coldest April in history last month
www.seattlepi.com...

Here is another site for up to date temps for May here:
www.timeanddate.com...

I have been curious for a while now, mid April, because I was wondering why I had so much moss on my deck.
I went to fire up the grill one day in mid April, & yes, it was cold out, but noticed that the birds that come onto my deck haven't been picking through the moss like they usually do every year.
Then I noticed how MUCH MOSS was growing.
About 2 to 3 times the size.
I found this site that was quite interesting here:
seattletimes.nwsource.com...

I am wondering what June will bring...

Metaldave - I'm in the south end here (Bonney Lake), and I have never seen so much moss grow on my roof as I have this year. I planned on getting it done this long weekend, but the lack of sunlight is causing a severe case of laziness in me.
I know that our joke around here in Pugetropolis is that summer doesn't begin until July 5th, but this is ridiculous. It's looking like the beginning of a "year without summer" around here. You could probably count on your two hands the number of days over 60 degrees so far this year.

What also sucks is I have camping reservations close to Mt. Rainier on June 10th. It better heat up a little because the family isn't very fond of cold & rainy camping - especially since we camp in a tent.

I am normally more of a fall/winter person, but I really could use a dose of sunshine. No sun = no ambition.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

Global warming is a fraud, our atmosphere has been more heavily polluted by natural carbon emissions in the past than it is now receiving by us, and the Earth is still here..

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Here in central Colorado it's been in the 50's in the morning, and fantastic! I'm hoping it goes on through the summer, but I know it won't.

You see I know weather is a cyclical process. Temps go up and they go down, just as the sun sets at night at rises in the morning. Living someplace "all your life" in one spot means what to Mother Nature? A blink at the most.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Send some of that cool this way

here in florida its endless heat, and my canal is almost empty, the neighbors are all starting to panic because its never been this shallow...we may have a empty canal if this keeps up.

the climate is screwed.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I live in northern Ohio and the temperature just got legitimately hot (as opposed to "tolerable") yesterday. But then again it was raining for nearly two months so that would naturally bring the temperature down a bit.

And I've noticed that it tends to rain nearly every weekend around here- even if we had nice weather all throughout the work week. Its annoying. I read somewhere that the pollution from factories accumulates during the work week when they are running most strenuously and it makes its journey eastward until it causes precipitation in certain areas by the end of the week. (www.scienceagogo.com...)

Just figured someone might find it interesting.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I'm in PA, and it is 88 and sunny here.

Pretty much normal for this time of year, although for a while there I thought it was never going to stop raining.

Weather is weird though...I've seen it snow all the way to the middle of april before.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Meanwhile, in Louisville, KY, it's freaking 97 degrees with the heat index.
edit on 5/30/2011 by banandar123 because: Clarification.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by White Locust

we should of hit 100 at least a dozen times between april and now, but we haven't got close. seems the last two years we get a warming trend in a week, then the temp resets and starts all over again.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The weather was tropical here in The Netherlands with the temperatures rising to 30 degrees Celcius! (86 Fahrenheit) The entire spring has been exceptionally warm with little rain.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join