It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrifying dream or phenomenon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Of late I have been having this dream. In that dream, I feel so pulled down by weight. When I walk in dream, weight begins to pull me down slowly that I could hardly take a step. Its like I am getting stunned and pulled down by weight with each step. There is no pain but am unable to walk further and I wake up.

But after waking up, I am exhausted and usually deaf( with my ears opening up in a couple of seconds)

Is it a dream or something of a phenomenon? Its not sleep paralysis. This looks different.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by radkrish
Of late I have been having this dream. In that dream, I feel so pulled down by weight. When I walk in dream, weight begins to pull me down slowly that I could hardly take a step. Its like I am getting stunned and pulled down by weight with each step. There is no pain but am unable to walk further and I wake up.

But after waking up, I am exhausted and usually deaf( with my ears opening up in a couple of seconds)

Is it a dream or something of a phenomenon? Its not sleep paralysis. This looks different.

I have the same type of dream once in awhile but its a little different. My legs are like jello and I keep falling when I try to walk. get back up, down again, etc.. Once in awhile in that same type of dream I am being chased by something or someone when this happens. Maybe a phobia or fear in your life? Is there something you want to do, but are somehow unable? I looked it up in a dream book a long time ago, forgot though.

Deebo
edit on 29-5-2011 by Deebo because: fix

edit on 29-5-2011 by Deebo because: add

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by radkrish

I had the same dream 3 nights ago...its like im running up a steep hill and feel waiting down and really hard to go...and in my dream i was getting worn out...woke up and legs felt tired..maybe the 2nd time ive had a dream like this that i can recall..and the last time just few days ago

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
If I remember, I think I read that a dream like that means something in your life is slowing you down, or your trying to do something in life that is stalling, or you want to do something but are afraid too. Think deep inside yourself and maybe you will see exactly what it is and what the dream means on a personal level.

Deebo
edit on 29-5-2011 by Deebo because: fix

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

Exactly. I dream of some person/creature whom I have not seen. But the feeling that someone is watching or approaching me is quite creepy. I have not seen the creature in my dreams yet but I have felt it always. Once I screamed so loud that I woke up everyone around. This thing haunts me often. Its affixed so deeply in my psyche and am unable to take it off.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

Hmm.. our dreams could always have such meanings. May be its time to reassess myself.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by radkrish

sounds to me like you are on the borderlands between the Dreaming and the Lower Astral
different rules/laws apply it's the same as when you are running from something in a dream and you get heavier and slower as if the air were turning into molasses
try to use these occasions to become lucid, look at your hands, and try to will yourself to fly or at least jump.

have fun

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
were as i agree some whot with a few posters above me another possibility is night terrors? dont know if u have heard of them or not similar symptoms maybe

Night Terrors Symptoms: Sudden awakening from sleep, persistent fear or terror that occurs at night, screaming, sweating, confusion, rapid heart rate, inability to explain what happened, usually no recall of "bad dreams" or nightmares, may have a vague sense of frightening images. Many people see spiders, snakes, animals or people in the room, are unable to fully awake, difficult to comfort, with no memory of the event on awakening the next day.

www.nightterrors.org...

Night terrors and sleepwalking are sometimes called arousal parasomnias.
Sleep disorders are being reported more often as they become more recognised and deemed as suitable conditions for treatment by the medical profession.2
Two disorders recently described are somnambulistic sexual behaviour, or sexsomnia and sleep-related eating disorder.
A Turkish survey of pre-adolescent school-aged children found a 14.4% prevalence of parasomnias. About 1 in 6 children had at least one parasomnia. Bruxism (grinding of teeth), nocturnal enuresis (considered by some to be a parasomnia) and night terrors were the most common types.3

Risk factors

www.patient.co.uk...

Sudden awakening from sleep
Persistent fear or terror that occurs at night
Screaming
Sweating
Confusion
Rapid heart rate
No recall of "bad dreams" or nightmares
Unable to explain what happened
May have a sense of frightening images
No memory of the event when they awaken the next day
Unable to fully wake up
Difficult to comfort

Note: Episodes are most common in the first third of the night. They may last 10 - 20 minutes, then normal sleep returns.

health.nytimes.com...

as i said though i might be complete way off base but its another possibility.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I've also had this sensation. More than once. This happened to me many times 2 years ago. I was moving slowly, I wanted to make some movement but it was very hard. I don't understand it really.

top topics

join