It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Brutality, Coming Soon To A Home Near You !!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I wander how many Videos of police brutality never made it from the dash cam to the public??
The police spokespeople say they must examine all evidence on what led to it and they say video's of particular beatings dont tell the whole story.. excuses. I wander what would happen if a member of the public saw a police brutality incident and tried to make a citizens arrest on the officer?

Although i found this on wikipedia.

American citizens do not carry the authority or enjoy the legal protections held by police officers, and are held to the principle of strict liability before the courts of civil- and criminal law including, but not limited to, any infringement of another's rights.[34] Nonetheless many citizens' arrests are popular news stories and criminal prosecutions in clearly justifiable cases are rare.

This may make some police think they are untouchable.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
But the cops and swat are here to serve and protect.

As Rodney Dangerfield would say "serve and protect who ??? God only knows."

This violence against normal everyday citizens has to stop one way or the other.

The more common this becomes it will reach a boiling point and explode in their faces. ( it has in the past in NYC and parts of Jersey where it was open season on cops)

Then you will here people are killing cops for no reason.
no reason huh

These people are killing the ones that protect and serve us. yeah sure no reason at all, none that i could think of, whats that old bible saying, oh yeah, an eye for an eye a life for a life.

What a joke, but the joke will end up being on them.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Police brutality coming soon to a home near you??

Don't you mean it already IS at your home?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
This is happening in America?? God! I thought such things only happened in my country and our neighbours. Here the police think they rule, they walk like they own the place. They openly ask for bribes even if you haven't done anything wrong. Actually Police are the ones terrorizing the citizens. Seriously, unless we have a major major problem, we don't go to the police because we will end up having more problems if we involve them.
And lets not even talk about the politicians of my country. Most of them are goons, having criminal records. For them politics is about scamming the citizens and increasing their personal wealth and storing it in Swiss banks. It's a shame!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I wonder how many more videos/news stories/firsthand accounts we need to see before we all collectively agree that, regardless of the amount of "good" cops, the United States police force is completely out of control.

Seriously? "Completely out of control"?

That's what is always fun about ATS - take any subject matter, and increase the seriousness of the issue x 50 for grand effect.

For every protest, event (sporting, political or otherwise), and situation where a cop does something stupid, there are probably 300 events where nothing goes wrong, and they did their jobs well, and maintained peace while respecting people's rights.

That's the big problem with America in particular these days, but it's seen everywhere - people don't like giving credit, where credit is due. Only focus on the negative, ignore the positive. It's why our newspapers and MSM are full of negative stories... fear-mongering stories... and then for 5 minutes near the end, you'll get a couple of snippets of the good things that may have happened. Tragedy sells (especially on ATS).

It's not quite as dire as you think it is... honestly.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

Its memorial day so lets remember Jose Guerena. A 26 year old Iraq war vet shot 61 times by a Tucson AZ SWAT team as they assaulted his family home fighting the 'war on drugs' Guerena had no drugs but he did own plenty of guns and since he was holding one to defend his family from unknown armed assailants they fired over 70 rounds at him.

The police state is murdering decent citizens. Instead of fighting crime they are commiting crime against us. A certain Ice-T song comes to mind in times like these. I guess when our government makes a habit out of stealing from its citizens and erroding the rights of its people in the name of security then it is inevitable that you get this type of gestapo security force. the nazis had nothing on modern day USA.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Get ready,,,its coming to a locale near you and will continue to come at you as long as this president endorses and allows his Atty Gen and Sec of Homeland Security to run free with no controls...local agencies see that the feds are free to atatck and they do the same..in fact,the feds hold "seminars" teaching locals how to roll....the obama/naplitanio machine is in high gear forcing liberalism down the nations throat at gunpoint
edit on 5/30/2011 by Homedawg because: sp

edit on 5/30/2011 by Homedawg because: clarity

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostviking
My daughter was arrested the other day in Naples, Florida by the Naples Police Department. She supposedly committed the crime as a juvenile, but they waited one day after her 18th birthday so that they could throw her in the adult jail and charge her with a felony (she connected an undercover cop with a friend of her who sold marijuana). By law, she should have been taken to the juvenile court. In addition, her friend called my husband to let him know our daughter was being arrested. For doing this, with no warning, the cops started yelling "DO NOT RESIST" and threw her on the ground while choking her. She wasn't under arrest, and had every right to call someone if she wanted to. She was taken to juvenile jail for calling my husband, and roughed up.

My daughter was charged with a felony for allegedly assisting a drug transaction when the amount (under 2 ounces) was a misdemeanor. The paper work has two different amounts listed...obviously the corrupt officer changed the amount to increase the charge. The Naples Florida cops, we have been told, are corrupt. We have been told that the Collier County Sheriff's are a good group. In addition, the Naples Police department took my daughter's $450 phone and didn't provide a receipt or inventory of her belongings. It is one thing to keep the phone as evidence and provide a receipt, and another to simply steal our phone without providing us any documentation that it would be returned. If your the police you can take whatever you want?

I have no doubt that a good criminal attorney will be able to get this dismissed. The paperwork itself is faulty. I will also enjoy my daughter's 16 year-old friend suing the Naples Police department for assault, brutality and for false arrest. I have never seen such blatant unprofessionalism or over-the-top corruption. When the cops cross this line, they create hatred and distrust in the general public.

edit on 29-5-2011 by lostviking because: grammar

And not one time during this entire story did you mention that your daughter was responsible for doing anything wrong. With regards to juveniles, a lot of times Cops get rolled in because parents don't want to do their job.

If you want to save yourself some legal fees and you want police to leave your daughter alone here's a bit of advice...put a foot in her a** so the cops don't have too and you won't have a problem.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by brewing

Of course she is as pure as the driven snow...as for her friend,why didnt she walk away before phoning?...Was there a large crowd watching while the daughter was being arrested?..this will cause a cops survival instincts to kick in and seeing someone phoning in that situation will cause backlash.The daughters 400 phone will be returned in due course....unless it is involved in the transaction,then its prob gone....and why did she help a friend get dope?..Mabe because she thought as a juvie she was home free?...Someon needs to start raising their kid....quick

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

I agree with the trying of the accused in the same way we try other criminals and that the police should have a higher standard. Right now, we let the police police themselves and they rarely get the punishment that is deserved for the crimes they perpetrate. until that changes and the police are put in front of courts like the rest of us, this escalation of their brutality and power mongering is going to continue.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
reply to post by brewing

Of course she is as pure as the driven snow...as for her friend,why didnt she walk away before phoning?...Was there a large crowd watching while the daughter was being arrested?..this will cause a cops survival instincts to kick in and seeing someone phoning in that situation will cause backlash.The daughters 400 phone will be returned in due course....unless it is involved in the transaction,then its prob gone....and why did she help a friend get dope?..Mabe because she thought as a juvie she was home free?...Someon needs to start raising their kid....quick

Amazing isn't it?

I'm a guy who spent some of his teenage years on the wrong side of the law. Never once was I dealt wirth unfairly. In fact...I probably got cut more slack than the Cops ever should have given me. The secret? I remained courteous and simply took what I deserved. Today I'm a better person for it. Yep...nobody was standing at the police station protesting the way I was being treated. And looking back I'm glad they didn't.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Why is it cops only seem to respond against threats to themselves?

The majority of funding with exorbitant amounts of money goes into buying gear that makes them more lethal, or protects themselves. It's like they know they are nothing more than asinine "law" enforcement, and everyone hates them, therefore they act like a terrorizing gang, that must respond in extreme force to any and all threats to their persons, extremely minor, nonexistent or otherwise.

I don't know of any people, personally, that care about cops, nor do they like them. My entire family history is nothing but a few horror stories, or incidents of being harassed by the police. My family doesn't exactly have a "criminal" history either.

It seems like the only people unaffected by brutality, or refuse to take witness to it, are sheltered people, who think they're law abiding, but don't realize that they second they step out of line, or falsely perceived as such.. it's over.

Even in incidents like a car accident, or something similar. If the police are involved, good luck if they happen to know the other person involved in the accident or incident. Your word against the good 'ol boys.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

i see your point, and i agree.
one of the best ways to ease tensions between police and the people they serve is to start a neighborhood watch in your area. let the local police know about the organization. tell them everything will be filmed. everyone should have a camera or better yet a video camera. organize yourselves, and have the cameras ready. when something goes down in your area film it. come from a position of helping the police. a news story wouldn't hurt either.

-subfab

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I can't believe the people on here defending cops for this stuff, saying things like "you don't know what they have to put up with." The REAL truth is cops are murdering, drug addled, corrupt parasites who need to be held accountable for the illegal stuff they do. Except they're not held accountable.

98% of cases referred to DA's for prosecution are declined. This is after police internal affairs determine there is enough evidence to warrant prosecution. Let me say that again. After the police department determines a cop should be prosecuted, they refer it to the DA and 98% of the time the DA drops the charges.
www.usatoday.com...

Just think about the punishment levied on the cops in the videos in this thread. This is after people caught the cops ON CAMERA doing this stuff. Absolute 100% proof and this is what happened to these thugs.

1st Vid: 2 hung juries
seattletimes.nwsource.com...

2: Charges dropped
www.azcentral.com...

3. Officers "disciplined" internally, lady gets $5k from county.
www.nieman.harvard.edu...

4. Cops claim camera "abandoned"
elenemigocomun.net...

5. Cop reinstated after firing with back pay
www.ksla.com...

6. Cop fired, not charged (at least he won't be with MPD again)
minnesota.cbslocal.com...

7. Placed on "paid leave," still on the A&E show
www.aetv.com...

8. Cop resigns, not charged
articles.cnn.com...:US

9. Convicted of "involuntary manslaughter," 292 days in jail.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

couldn't really find anything on the other vid but it's out of Dayton, OH and there are unverified (by me) claims she got $60k and the cop resumed normal duties.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Having recently graduated from college this subject is always on my mind. The police in the town/area of my college were brutal. Now granted they were dealing with thousands of college-aged kids their responses and reactions were consistently over the top. The amount of events I had witnessed in my short 4 years is enough to write a book from kicking in front and bedroom doors, busting 21+ parties, ripping open purses and backpacks as people walked by, but the most amusing event was during a big party weekend when my 2 neighbors (21+) were outside grilling dinner when they were told by two police officers that grilling (and being outside in general) was prohibited this weekend.

It is truly amazing at least from my perspective how the police have gone from a group that I was taught to respect and obey when I was young to a group that has earned a largely negative reputation from general distrust to downright hatred.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I still believe there are more good cops than bad cops in most areas, but I do believe there are some cities where corruption is so widespread that an honest cop will get let go quickly.

I now live in place where we lock doors to keep the police out. Dialing 911 is a waste of breath in most situations, as is dealing with the police to report a crime because they won't solve it. Real criminal issues like car theft, burglary, and even murder cases go unsolved and under investigated. However if someone calls in a Crimeline tip saying you think your neighbors are growing a certain plant, they will be there quickly with the swat team busting down door, breaking windows, cutting power, and shooting up whatever the deem a threat.

The US has become a police state, but there are still way more of us than them and it will always be that way. The problem is too many of us live in a perpetual state of fear and actually like the idea of a police state because it makes them feel safe.
edit on 30-5-2011 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
The US has become a police state, but there are still way more of us than them and it will always be that way. The problem is too many of us live in a perpetual state of fear and actually like the idea of a police state because it makes them feel safe.

If this were a nail that would be a direct hit! This is exactly the issue at hand and the end result of MSM fear mongering.

This is why the TSA gets to abuse their power, why local and state LEO abuses their power, why federal forces get to abuse their power. Enough people buy into the perceived threats so that they can get away with it.

Bottom line is we are a nation of cowards. When those who refuse to live in fear stand up they are beat down as an example to others who choose to not live in fear. One way or another they will assert the dominance of the state.

We can speak at ballot box but our voices will ultimately go unheard as no matter whose name we check we are choosing who we hate the least not who we feel will truly represent us. Unless we are one of those who hides in their gated community behind a white picket fence with a Prius and a minivan in the driveway and a reality show playing on our 52" plasma. Head in the sand scared children think everything is fine.

I would just call for the average citizen to stop being a coward and speak up when they care and not be afraid to take action... But when your safe little life is enough for you I suppose there is not reason to take action huh?

End Rant

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
I still believe there are more good cops than bad cops in most areas, but I do believe there are some cities where corruption is so widespread that an honest cop will get let go quickly.

I now live in place where we lock doors to keep the police out. Dialing 911 is a waste of breath in most situations, as is dealing with the police to report a crime because they won't solve it. Real criminal issues like car theft, burglary, and even murder cases go unsolved and under investigated. However if someone calls in a Crimeline tip saying you think your neighbors are growing a certain plant, they will be there quickly with the swat team busting down door, breaking windows, cutting power, and shooting up whatever the deem a threat.

That really very sad. the whole war on drugs,and mentality of the SWAT teams,is way over the top ,especially with the amount of drugs they seem to be dealing with,in some of these cases. Makes me wonder why they don't send SWAT teams to raid the planes coming in that belong to the CIA.

(sighs) What a screwed up country, when someone suspected of dealing drugs, in the lower echelons of humanity ,gets dealt with so severely,and many of the very serious crimes are overlooked ,like you say.

They know where the huge amounts of drugs are coming from, why not pick on them?

Like you said..maybe in many places,the cops that really care about justice,are weeded out fast.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I hear a lot of people complaining...no suggestions on how to fix anything they say is wrong though. All I'm hearing is how bad the police are...somebody got solutions?

The cops can still be a thorn in my side too. You think I like getting a ticket at 3:00am in the morning for 10 MPH over the speed limit when nobody...and I mean nobody...is on the hwy? No. However, I know they are probably trying to find a drunk driver and they got me instead. It sucks...but you deal with it because it beats the alternative, which is there is no alternative.

There are four facts to all this. They are:

1. We need cops.
2. Cops aren't perfect.
3. Few people take personal responsibility for anything they do wrong, it's always the Cop's fault.
4. Some people will find anything to complain about.

Those are the facts as I see them
edit on 30-5-2011 by brewing because: spelling

edit on 30-5-2011 by brewing because: spelling

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by brewing

Maybe you need cops, I don't. Last town in I lived in in NY, we had no cops. It was great. Here we have maybe one or 2 cops sitting at the library waiting for calls, not out on the street harrassing people. I have seen cops a total of 8 times up here, 6 were one the highway on my motorcycle, and they didn't even bother trying to chase me. It is great. I am glad there are no cops around here, makes me feel a lot safer than back in NY when there were cops everywhere.
edit on Mon, 30 May 2011 16:55:37 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join