It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street lamps go out when I pass by. Anyone?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheArchaeologist

I have a similar experience almost all the time. But its the opposite. Doesn't matter if it's night, or day for some reason street lights always TURN ON around me.

Its not like EVERY street light im ever near turns on but it always seems that one or two will and then I will notice it and it will stop. Then a couple hours later when Im not thinking about it, it will happen again.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
They turn on when I pass by.

No.

I'm serious.

They do.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
you prove to me that the body has the capability to effect a street light thats probably about what 10 feet above your head. It just doesn't make any sense what so ever. ever heard of the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. the body effecting street lights for no reason isn't the simplest its the, well it's the silliest.

Yes, I have heard of the "simplest explanation" theory, it's called Occams Razor and it doesn't apply to my OP.

Nor does the name calling, silly, dumb, rolling eyes and wise crack replies, but some surely seem adept at it, as does the person who said they asked "momma and momma said it was the Devil", as well as the reply above this one...they ADD NOTHING to the conversation, and are obviously meant to be wise acre and offend. Kind of makes me curious why the only post removed for voilating the rules is one where someone questioned the education level of the person who is obviously (And stated yourself in an edit of your post) being sarcastic...and continue to post more sarcastic demeaning things?
edit on 29-5-2011 by TheArchaeologist because: spelling

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
you prove to me that the body has the capability to effect a street light thats probably about what 10 feet above your head. It just doesn't make any sense what so ever. ever heard of the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. the body effecting street lights for no reason isn't the simplest its the, well it's the silliest.

SO, in your mind it is simpler that all of these cases are a matter of faulty wiring than it is the that electrical/magnetic signal that all people give off (which is a FACT) could interfere with the heat/light sensors on the pole?

I find it sad that you still cling to the idea that I am claiming to have some magical power. It is truly pathetic how often people attempt to demean those that argue against them on this site.
edit on 29-5-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Hi Archaeologist,

I became aware of Street Light Interference a few years back when my dad spoke of the same phenomenon that is happening to you. He seemed to think that it was linked to UFO activity, although I started a small discussion on here about it looking for further answers and, in my opinion, it is likely that the occurrences are an interaction between electromagnetic pulses from brain to light source.. I can't back the science behind it but it makes sense to me. Alternatively, it could be a matter of mere belief that these occurrences will happen that reinforces their likeliness to do so. Mind over matter. Actually, those two points are probably the same thing.

I also believe that some people have a knack for doing it compared to others, kind of like divining or dowsing.
It probably happens enough that you are expecting it now, but do lights ever switch off when your mind is preoccupied with other thoughts and you're not expecting it to happen?

edit on 29/5/11 by pretty_vacant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pretty_vacant

do lights ever switch off when your mind is preoccupied with other thoughts and you're not expecting it to happen?

Yes, it still happens, I would say actually happens more when I am not thinking about it, than when I do think about it, because I rarely give it much thought anymore. It just "is".

edit on 29-5-2011 by TheArchaeologist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

I could film it, but you are assuming that i am chalking it up to anything unnatural, which I have never said I was. Just that it happens. If I ever own a camcorder, I will gladly get some video for you

You quoted my post in full which clearly says within it..................

Originally posted by gps777
Anyway looking forward to see the vid,even a cell phone will do, It`ll put all those who think it rubbish in their place.

emphasis added this time so you can not worm your way out of it another time.

, although I dont know what it will prove, other than the lights do go out.

It will prove your word and mine on the issue.

And considering the THOUSANDS of first person testimonies on it, I'm not so sure why you need video.

Please post just one vid that it credible this time,the vid you posted was a complete and utter joke and any sane person saying that is proof needs professional help.

Even better yet, why do you send me a camcorder so that I can oblige?

Oh I`m going to give you a much better deal than that!

Jumping to "super powers" and all that garbage only makes you look like a fool. No one has claimed it is anything of the sort.

If I`m a fool in your eyes imagine for a sec what you are in mine.

I also never said it happens to me in shopping centers. I said it happens with street lamp. Get it? Or is it easier to sensationalize and attempt to demean?

Read much? or just what you want,here`s what I wrote this time read the words "suppose" and "or"........

Oh and I suppose you get kicked out of shopping centres etc when it becomes so obvious that its you who`s causing all the light failures,or is it just street lights that go out?

Get it? or is it to sensationalize in an attempt to demean so you can carry on with your bogus claims.

Grow up kiddo.

I`m going to propose that we take this challenge to a wider audience to another thread with the approval of the Admin and staff of ATS that I challenge you to show your proof that when you walk down the street approx 1 in 5 will go out of 50 street lamps I`ll put $2000AU of my own money that they the staff of ATS will sit as a jury and decide on your evidence.If its deamed by the staff here that you are showing positive proof of your word and your claims you get the money,which I`ll send through to a moderator who will pass it on to you,I`ll also send another $500 to that moderator for them to keep and do with as they wish.

Failure on your part that doesn`t show aprox 1 in 5 out of 50 street lights going out as you walk or ride (bicycle?) under them or if there`s any trickery or stretching etc my conditions are that you be banned.

You said this is a daily occurrence,so even a cell phone camera will do as I first suggested to you,if not hire a camera if you dont have much funds or borrow one.

If this sounds fair to you and you wish to go ahead with it,let me know.I`ll iron out the finer details within the new thread putting you to the test and with some help/advice approval of the Admin and staff.

P.S. obviously if its found that your not a complete fraud then I`m banned if you dont recieve $2000AU,incase you didn`t know the Aussie dollar is stronger than yours if your in the US.

Lets kick it up a notch? or are you just going to expect us to take your word with not showing us easily gotten proof of what you claim to do.

OH nearly forgot your quote above, lets let others decide on who the bigger "kiddo who needs to grow up" is out of you and me,huh?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Interesting thread, OP. I've experienced this on occasions, not so much these days, but prior to my UFO sightings (which began around 2005) I did experience this lamp post thing. There was one particular lamp post one night that did it, so I walked away and watched from a distance to see if it had any flicker or regular timings. It didn't, so I walked back and it flashed off and on again. So instead of waiting again for 5 minutes or so I headed straight back past it and it flashed again. That night I became convinced something was going on, but I was never able to reproduce that again - so it could have just been massive co-incidence. But at the end of the day, I believe in this phenomena, even if I don't understand it at all. This would be an awesome, and easy thing, to get some video evidence of.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Sometimes when I am emotionally distressed lights flicker and lightbulbs die even though they were just changed. Radio stations change and static interrupts the flow of music and one time I walked past a car that had the radio and it stopped when I was near then when I walked away because of the stares I recieved it started playing normally. I would walk under streetlamps and they would flicker. That same night we kept looking for a parked car and it was missing and that was the only way for me to return home so someone else had to drive me. The owner of the car then said the car was parked in the parking lot the whole time....

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Yea dude, that was me, i posted the EXACT same thing in another thread. I've had the same problem since i can remember. The only difference in r story and mine, is that im a male. Its baffled me. and like you said, its not every single one, just often enough that its more than coincidence. since i've pointed it out to my wife, she noticed that it NEVER happens to her when she's by herself, just when im with her. crazy

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

P.S. obviously if its found that your not a complete fraud then I`m banned if you dont recieve $2000AU,incase you didn`t know the Aussie dollar is stronger than yours if your in the US.

Lets kick it up a notch? or are you just going to expect us to take your word with not showing us easily gotten proof of what you claim to do.

OH nearly forgot your quote above, lets let others decide on who the bigger "kiddo who needs to grow up" is out of you and me,huh?

This is so old. At this point, if it were me, this is what I would do...

I'd hire someone to rig lighting to go on and off at my whimsy while I was wearing a turban ala' Johnny Carson playing Carnac the magnificent, holding a card to my head. Carnac says light number #3 will turn off! I might even make them blink to the William Tell overture or flight of the bumble bee. You couldn't prove me wrong, and it would surely cost me less than $2000AU to do it, especially since the Australian dollar is so much stronger than the US dollar.....

It's not as if any real example wouldn't be picked apart anyway.

edit on 29-5-2011 by TheArchaeologist because: edited because my entire post was in quotes

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

When I met my ex, it soon became apparent that streetlights or outdoor security lights would routinely go completely out, staying off until a short time after we had passed, or not relighting at all. The incidence was greater for each of us than we'd ever seen before in our own individual travels.
It also seemed to happen more frequently if we were sharing an extra-strong mutual good mood, enjoying each others' company even more than usual.

This would happen wherever we were out walking together, and while driving under lights while together in a car as well. This lasted for the entire 20 years we were together & since going back on my own, I don't notice it happening with any more frequency than coincidence might dictate. "Special power"? Nah, but definitely a factor of our being together and sharing a strong upbeat mood.

Thanks for bringing this up, OP, I got a kick out of remembering, & seeing that others have had this happen to them, too.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

1)As opposed to getting myself banned for breaking the tos, ill start by saying, again, I will gladly get you video if you send me a camcorder, or phone that takes video.

2)It's hilarious how quickly you have switched your tune from "it doesn't happen", to "it doesn't happen one in five times" Pretty standard really, for a troll. You quickly pointed out your use of the word "suppose", but oh so conveniently overlook my use of the word "estimate", again, pretty standard for a troll.

3)I'll close with some more video that wont be good enough for you anyway:

I still honestly dont get why you are so heated about this. If you are so convinced we are all nuts, why are you so angry about it?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by radkrish
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I said I am an indigo adult. But I don't believe in street lamps going off. just couldn't take people's words for it.

oh the irony - an indigo adult doesn't believe without proof

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheArchaeologist

This is so old. At this point, if it were me, this is what I would do...

I'd hire someone to rig lighting to go on and off at my whimsy while I was wearing a turban ala' Johnny Carson playing Carnac the magnificent, holding a card to my head. Carnac says light number #3 will turn off! I might even make them blink to the William Tell overture or flight of the bumble bee. You couldn't prove me wrong, and it would surely cost me less than $2000AU to do it, especially since the Australian dollar is so much stronger than the US dollar.....

It's not as if any real example wouldn't be picked apart anyway.

edit on 29-5-2011 by TheArchaeologist because: edited because my entire post was in quotes

Even easier than hiring someone-a high powered lazer pointer will usually trip the light sensor in them. Have someone stand back and hit it with the lazer while you walk under. Pure GOLD.

It's almost too bad I reported him for trying t solicit betting...

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I think the best part about all the people that are attacking me is that they are missing a point here...
Does it happen to me? Yes
Have I taken enough notice to realize that it happens to me more than others? Yes
Do I really care? No.

It happens. So what.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This happens to me all the time. I never really thought much of it other than thinking it was strange. I would tell other people and they would look at me like i had 3 heads.Finally i was in the car with friend one night and I said watch as we go under this light it will go out. It went out and she was surprised. Now this was right in the middle of rush hour with hundreds of cars going by, but as soon as i drove under it boom out it goes. It continues to do it today. I will be behind a line of cars but as soon as i drive under it, it goes out.
edit on 5/29/2011 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well now I know I'm not nuts.Yep same MO I can predict sometimes when its going to happen.
I know for a fact it is not just a random thing it happens way to often as I pass under the light.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I would also like to mention, that this has occurred WAY more than 200 times in my life so far.....im only 23.......

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Yep cant trust these sneaky buggers,got to be a time limit involved and somehow made down a random street of our choosing.

Any ideas on how he could be put to the test thats fool proof?

Edit to add...

Just remembered that ATS poll they had running a couple of weeks ago.

One question was would we like to see an ATS investigation team,the result was that it was very popular among the membership here,so if there was an investigation team they could meet up with captaintyinknots and take him to a random street to put his claims of what he does to street lights on a daily basis to the test.

Or anyone else that thinks they have special abilities such as the guy that can do it at will or the guy that says he even shuts down banks of fluro`s at shopping centres and else where.

Sad thing is they will always come up with an excuse as to why they can`t meet,liars do that.Just to suck in the gulible and get a bit of attention.

edit on 30-5-2011 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join