It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street lamps go out when I pass by. Anyone?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by voiceoreason
This has been debunked. If you were to do a survey of every streetlight that you cross in your daily life, you would find that about 1/3 of them go out and power back on, on average, about every 30 minutes. You have a god complex.

Just being part of a power cycle does not debunk anything. It gives a possible explanation to some of the lights going out. Not all

And again another pathetic "god complex" superpower ad hom thrown out there. Is this really the best you can do? No one is claiming they have super powers.

I find it a sad statement on the average IQ of this site that so many immediately make such baseless statements.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I, and I am sure others in this thread most certainly DO NOT have a god complex. I have noticed that many people wikipedia something, post the link, and dismiss it with NEXT PLEASE or make some assumption and spout off something insulting and/or presumptive.

I fear somewhat for this new generation/society that googles everything, read nothing, and Wikipedia is considered the gold standard for information.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Thank you OP for this thread,I am sorry to see that it is becoming diluted by disinformation as usually happens on the good threads.

I am sorry for those readers who cant seem to grasp the simplicity of some of us unknowingly sending out bursts of energy,or rather energy manifested as emotion because this is the spark,EMOTIONAL OVERLOAD .

I intentionally manifest energy in the form of falsely initiated emotion and I can get lights to react at will,NO YOU DORK WHO IS ABOUT TO SAY"can you do it all the time?",I cant do it all the time.

But you cant do it at all,so if I have a low batting average ,SO WHAT,you dont even make the team.

And just like a sports team or a debate team,ANYONE CAN PLAY IF THEY TRY THEIR HARDEST,ANYONE AT ALL.

So until and unless the people posting silly comments like "I would be a millionaire if I could do that",or until people stop accepting the plethora of plausible explanations while at the same time denying the reality of those who are able to make the lights react.None of you will learn what is going on,but remember WE WILL STILL HAVE THE ABILITY AND YOU WILL SIMPLY REMAIN IN A STATE OF SELF IMPOSED INGNORANCE OF A NATURAL PHENOMENON THAT IS A NORMAL PART OF OUR UNIVERSE.

You see,I also turn out lights at the grocery store,complete aisles of lights ,usually in the cooler section,sometimes in the vegetable section.I affect the lights at my usual coffe shop every time I drive up.I walk to my favorite restaurant with my friends and ALWAYS shut off and turn on the same light .

The thing I want you to realise is that I have discussed this and shown or demonstrated this with a LOT OF PEOPLE,because I am confident and determined I didnt simply wonder,I shared.

The reactions tell the true story as the reactions on this thread also tella true story.You see some people witness the physical action and immediatly accept it for what it is,others EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE RIGHT THERE WITH ME CANNOT ACCEPT THAT IT IS ME CAUSING THE EFFECT.

This is irrefutable fact,PEOPLE CHOOSE TO BELIEVE WHAT THEY WANT,PROOF IS IRRELEVANT AND UNNEEDED.If you already believe something you dont require proof do you?

Some of you CANNOT WRAP YOUR HEADS AROUND NEW IDEAS FAST ENOUGH TO KEEP UP WITH OUR WORLD AS IT IS TODAY.

There is no time for long drawn out explanations like you recieved in school as a child,in an environment designed to cater to ALL types of abilities and potentials.

Sometimes you need to open your mind up and let us carry you to places you cannot go yourself,dont think for a minute that the universe is FAIR AND EQUAL,it is the inequality that allows us to exist.

You and I are not and never will be equals ,not even as human beings,WE WERE BORN WITH SIMILAR POTENTIAL BUT THAT IS ALL WE HAVE IN COMMON---ENVIRONMENT TOOK OVER AFTER BIRTH AND FORMED US INTO WHO AND WHAT WE ARE AS INDIVIDUALS.

Equality is an impossible dream,harmony is a possible dream.

A team works on the principal of harmony where each individual presents their skills and abilities,BUT EACH INDIVIDUAL KNOWS HOW TO MORPH THEIR OWN SKILLS AND ABILITIES INTO THAT OF THEIR TEAMMATES EVEN IF IT IS FOR A FLEETING MOMENT----LIKE FILLING IN WHEN THEY ARE UNAVAIBLE.

Harmony,not equality.If the majority of the members of a team CANNOT RECOGNISE THE INEQUITY OF THE SKILLSETS OF ALL THEN THE TEAM WILL FAIL.

We all know who is better than us when we step on the playing field and compete,we simply know and no amount of stroking of our egos or crying foul will make the more skilled less skilled and vice versa.

It is the natural inequity of the universe that ALLOWS SOME TO HAVE A SUBSTANTIALLY GREATER ABILITY THAN THE MASSES.

This is called progress.

Hop on the train and see where we are going because WE ARE REALLY AFFECTING THESE ELECTRONICS AND IT IS ABSOLUTELY NATURAL IN EVERY WAY.

The real question must be---WHY CANT EVERYONE DO THIS???

Accept that we can,it is a reality you can only deny through self imposed ignorance---ie.being so stubborn you dumb yourself down.Did you ever think that there is a benefit somewhere for someone to keep you disbelieving and ignorant of the reality you are living in?

I was the most outstanding athlete in my high school,I played every sport and was a winner a disporportionate number of times.

I won all the time,I used to pick on the other high level athletes and goad them for fun,I would choose the LEAST ABLE TEAMMATES IN ANY SPORT AND FORM WINNING TEAMS ----ALMOST EVERY TIME---.

Do you understand that I knew as a child that I was not the real mitigating factor in competition?I knew as a child that it was the manipulation of my teammates emotions that would bring sucessEVERY TIME.

I brought the best out of everyone ALL THE TIME,because it is a skill that can be worked on--LEADERSHIP IS A SKILLSET.

Leadership is about emotional harmony,not ability.

You people who are unable or unwilling to accept this as a reality,you need to understand how powerful you really are and stop being afraid of sucess through learning.

Just like the two hundred pound overweight friend and the uncoordinated clutz team up with the skinny stick boy and the anxiety ridden teen girl to form an unbeatable team--AGAINST ALL ODDS.

Or is it REALLY against all odds???

Ha Ha Ha!!Dont you see why I was called the most outstanding athlete now?????

The odds were in my favor every time I competed because I recognised my own potential OR RATHER MY LACK OF POTENTIAL.I knew what I couldnt do rather than what I could do ,I accepted that I was giving 100%to everything I was able to accomplish and I was able to see that trying to give even more effort than 100% in the belief I could garner more sucess by improving myself was a dead end.

I learned to recognise the traits and abilities I DID NOT POSESS,and I simply mined them from amongst my peers.

I handpicked unlikely heros,unlikely to you but very likely heros to me.

The reason I rose above even those with greater natural physical ability[they were few anyway]was because they were mostly very self centered ,they actually thought they were physically able to terminally affect the result of a team competition BY THEMSELVES.

Do you see now that just because I can shut off and turn on lights and electronics,it doesnt make me better ,stronger,or in any way give me a natural advantage over my teammates?

Now that you have been shown how to overcome your fear of sucess by reading my history,you should be able to decide where in the team you fit,and you should see how incredibly important EACH INDIVIDUAL IS.

And you should realise that it is very important to recognise others skill sets and NOT ALLOW ENVY OR OTHER EMOTIONS TO TAINT YOUR ABILITY TO ENVISION THE ROAD TO SUCESS FOR YOUR TEAM.

I dont think I am special in fact my greatest thoughts on this subject surround HOW TO HELP EVERYONE DO THIS BECAUSE I KNOW THERE ARE SOME SUPERSTARS OUT THERE WHO DONT KNOW THEIR POTENTIAL.

If i can shut off lights THERE HAVE TO BE PEOPLE WHO CAN SHUT OFF CARS OR COMPUTERS ECT.This is just simple natural science.But why deny it through the continued acceptance of self imposed ignorance,why not jump on board and help make the team better by seeking the answers I seek??

Do you want to win or not,do you want to learn or not,you are here on this site because you were drawn to the action,now dont be a wallflower or a negative Nelly.

Start asking your family if they ever heard of the phenomenon,are you afraid they will think you are nuts???Maybe you should be afriad of the consequences of their not being able to grasp the reality they are currently existing in.

It is worth ridicule to educate your loved ones.

You should have seen the other Jocks laughing at me when I used to pick my teams,THEY LAUGHED LONG AND HARD----but they ALL LEARNED THE TASTE OF HUMBLE PIE!!!!All of them inevitably.

Three computer modules in three cars in two years,I now drive a very old car without a computer module.Constant electrical problems in my autos,irregardless of make and model ect.

Curiosity only killed one cat,the rest learned---so dont be afraid to push boundries and accept the reality of the world we all share.

edit on 29-5-2011 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This happens to me aswell. The exact same light down the street everytime. Like you said OP, you know it's going to happen, then 3 steps past the post and boom, lights out. It's weird but kinda intriguing. Sometimes it comes back on as you move further away. I find it strange when that's the case because it kinda defeats the purpose of the light.

*Maybe we are already on the path to Enlightenment, and so when we walk past a theoretical source, the light which we should walk through ourself, we subconciously send off to another soul who we have previously noted as in need of such teaching!?* Just a thought : )

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This is the best explanation I've read about lights turning off, I read it at

amasci.com...

" NOTE: STREET LIGHTS DO TURN OFF BY THEMSELVES

When the fluorescent bulb in a streetlight gets old, it overheats and trips a safety switch. When it cools off, it turns itself back on again. Some streetlights turn on and off by themselves every few minutes. Also, some towns install timers which cause all streetlights to turn off randomly every few minutes. This saves energy, but since the timers are not synchronized, some lights stay on while others are off.

Beware, it's easy to fool yourself into thinking that you have a mysterious effect on streetlights. If you see a streetlight turn on or off, that's not unusual. It happens all the time. It's only unusual if whole chains of street lights turn off in sequence as you pass, or if you see the streetlights only turn off but never see an equal number turn back on. It's also unusual if the streetlights often turn off NOT as you approach or leave, but instead they only turn off while you are passing directly underneath (ie. when you are closest to them.) "

That matches what my dad told me when he worked at the City Electrical dept years ago.

In the 70's, I used to kick the pole of the street light in front of our house and that would cause the light to go off. Just a year or two on a road coming home, the same light would go off as I approached or got under it. The city changed the light and it stopped doing it.

I'm of the mindset that unless you can do it with a light, each and every time, the odds are it's just some sort of mechanical or electrical failure.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It really seems like some people just won't accept what is being said by those who experience this. i REALLY do consider all options and dissenters. And yet, I still feel there is something to this. I am not an idiot, I know the laws averages, I know lights can cycle on and off, I know lights burn out, I am very thoughtful in this regard, and yet, I still am pretty sure this isn't just coincidence. I am not saying I think it is paranormal, or any other such thing, but I do think there IS something to it. I am sure that at one time if someone had said that bats (and other mammals) SEE primarily with sound, those who studied sound would say, haha, this is not possible.

Nikola Tesla felt electricity could be transmitted from point to point through the air, and was laughed at. Now his studies in this regard are being brought to light and researched today. Nikola Tesla was robbed in so many ways but that is a topic in and of itself....so I digress,

I had to laugh, just a moment ago, I was outside and walked past our radio in the garage and the volume went up when I stood next to it. Made me chuckle.

To some here, it seems, I might as well be saying that I like to stand in the street, wearing my special hat, and point to lights with a wand, while yelling NOX and LUMOS!!!

Brings to mind a bit of Hamlet. "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy".

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheArchaeologist

The fact of the mattr is that people emanate energy, magnetism and electricity.

For people to claim these couldnt possibly play a part is absurd.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I have heard all of the tech people give their theories as to how and why the sensors and the other crap in the lights cause them to go on and off,SO WHAT,this means nothing.

This topic has been covered in a lot of places on the net,same old story every site,same deadlock of realities.

Listen,who cares about the technical aspects of the lights???They come on and go off when certain people come near them,NOT WHEN ANYONE GOES NEAR THEM,who cares if the sensors get old or not??

Stop the streetlight references because that is the only thread left to grasp.

THIS HAPPENS TO ME WITH ALL TYPES OF LIGHTS,ALL OVER THE PLACE---MY GROCERY STORE FOR GOODNESS SAKES!!!!

I have shut down over twenty lights in a row on both sides of the road,I have shut off huge overhead lights at my local gas station,the list goes on and I am not the only one with a list.

Did it ever occur to any of you that the weakening of the sensor is WHAT ALLOWS US TO AFFECT IT???

Jesus,its so obvious,you are trying to use the parameters of the sensors to discredit us you fools when even a primate could see that those parameters SUPPORT OUR CLAIMS.

How is this incredibly huge gap able to exist???It isnt rational.

Humans cant naturally be this far apart in their interpretation of the reality they are experiencing as a group.

And this is genetic because if you keep researching you will find family connections,so again no big deal,it runs in families,just like intuition does.

And in response to you idiots who keep asking for a video,GO TAKE YOUR OWN SMART ALECS,SHOW ME HOW YOU CAN RANDOMLY VIDEOTAPE ALL THE STREETLIGHT IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD BLINKING LIKE CHRISTMAS TREES,THEN DRIVE TO THE GAS STATION AND VIDEO THOSE SHUTTING DOWN THEN HEAD OVER TO THE GROCERY STOR AND VIDEO THOSE GOING OUT ,THEN HIT THE RESTAURANT i GO TO ,AND WHEN YOU THINK YOU ARE DONE REMEMBER YOU CANT COME HOME UNTIL YOU MANAGE TO tape SHUTTING DOWN AT LEAST TWENTY LIGHTS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE STREET!!!

You wont be coming home for a long while friend because you see I have only shut down twenty once in my whole life,good luck with your camera.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I use to work as an electrician and lighting technician, so I might be able to help. Street lights and many other lighting applications use a different type of lighting called HID. This type of lighting uses a ballast which consists of a transformer and capacitor. When lamps start going bad they will cycle. Meaning they will go on for a short time and then go off. Once the light is cool again it will go back on. Cycling can also occur when the ballast is going bad even with brand new lamps. These lamps require a specific capacitance and voltage to operate effectively if this balance (ballast) is off the lamp will cycle. Ballasts are expensive compared to the lamp and require more labor to repair. Sometimes it is very difficult to replace an old ballast because it is rusted in place and the technician may go for the quick solution of just replacing the lamp.

This phenomenon of cycling is not caused by the light sensors or flashing of headlights. Some fixtures and lighting applications do have temperature sensors to shut off a fixture if it is too hot. So this could also explain some situations. No special powers involved. If this happened with incandescent lamps, I might give it some credence.
edit on 29-5-2011 by BillfromCovina because: added word for clarity

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
This effect is called pulsing in the Psionic circles.
It was originally observed as a side effect to levitation training attempts.
As information on it was gathered it became a trainable discipline.

Pulse training can be learned by starting with flame pulsing moving to radio pulsing then onto lights.

This is an achievable discipline I am not posting this information to debate its reality only to direct those interested to the path.

Heres a how to:

Start with flame:

Then when you are comfortable with the feel move onto radio pulsing and flaring.

Then move onto a stand alone light (teechnique)

Once you can flare and pulse your light in a coupled state entrained area you will be ready to focus on the component and direct intention streetlight. Intend for it to build in charge until it switches off.

This can cause the light to become permanently damaged and it will continue to intermittently pulse after that.
The amount of success I have had with pulsing and damaging lights at different locations leads me to believe this is not just a case of a light breaking down (which they do I am not disputing that. However it is my belief that one can speed up the degradation leading to alight pulsing)

I hope this is helpful for those interested in training. Best of luck.

edit on 29-5-2011 by Shirak because: To fix the youtube link

edit on 29-5-2011 by Shirak because: Adding extra info

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Off all the special powers you could have. You get the power to sometimes have lights go off or flicker when you go near them.

Seriously guys come on. This happens to everyone its just wishful thinking on your part. It like when your a little kid and soo badly want to have some type of power and then something happens and you go nuts thinking its real.
But if this is so true post a video of you walking down a street just one street. And lets see the evidence.
No editing obviously.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3

Off all the special powers you could have. You get the power to sometimes have lights go off or flicker when you go near them.

Seriously guys come on. This happens to everyone its just wishful thinking on your part. It like when your a little kid and soo badly want to have some type of power and then something happens and you go nuts thinking its real.
But if this is so true post a video of you walking down a street just one street. And lets see the evidence.
No editing obviously.

Another person who would sensationalize. Please show me where I said this is a 'special power'....you can't, because I didnt.

Deny ignorance.

I already posted a video as proof, that has been ignored thus far in the thread. Its much easier to ridicule someone that it is to look at what they present, apparently.
edit on 29-5-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ommadawn
"SLI has never been demonstrated to occur in a scientific experiment, and those who claim to cause it have been found to be unable to reproduce the effect on demand; they give the explanation that the effect is not within their mental and physical control."

source: en.wikipedia.org...

Next story please.

sanity right here.

And that video is proof of this whole thing being ridiculous. I could stand on a street and wait and the lights would do something. He even goes on to say that a new light bulb resists it and then it weakens after a while. MAYBE just Maybe the lamps wiring is faulty,i know common sense is a pain.
Its just so annoying its like when people say one side of the room always has a chill so it must be some dead relative. talk about denying ignorance.

edit on 29-5-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I tried going to bed a few nigts ago. and I turned my ceiling fan off. about 25 minutes later, I was amidst a half dream, half still awake period, when I felt as if a turbine was going to cut me, and I opened my eyes, only to see my ceiling fan spinning as if it were on high. I staired at it for a few minutes, and it slowed and stopped. It was awkward.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

you were half a sleep do you know what happens to your brain when you go to sleep?
You start emitting special energy's which react with the bio-atmosphere of the sub Ethernet of the gods. I would stop sleeping and using there bandwidth there going to get pissed and block your I.I.P

This post may contain sarcasm

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Pseudo-skeptic Trolling in a metaphysics forum.
Is there any louder cry for attention?
Ignorance swings both ways.
All the greatest discoveries were made by paying attention to anomalies which were not yet explained.
It is sad that the critics and pseudoskeptics of the Orthodox science faith hold so firmly to their reality reference frame that they feel the need to impose their limitations on those who would understand the universe.
And whats more the bigotry and insults akin to those of Zealots of any religion.
Deny ignorance yes.
Feed the trolls no.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3

Originally posted by ommadawn
"SLI has never been demonstrated to occur in a scientific experiment, and those who claim to cause it have been found to be unable to reproduce the effect on demand; they give the explanation that the effect is not within their mental and physical control."

source: en.wikipedia.org...

Next story please.

sanity right here.

And that video is proof of this whole thing being ridiculous. I could stand on a street and wait and the lights would do something. He even goes on to say that a new light bulb resists it and then it weakens after a while. MAYBE just Maybe the lamps wiring is faulty,i know common sense is a pain.
Its just so annoying its like when people say one side of the room always has a chill so it must be some dead relative. talk about denying ignorance.

And that is the exact response that I was speaking of when I posted it. Why is anyone going to take the time to oblige you with video, when you will shrug it off completely?

Your clai is that it is faulty wiring. CAN YOU PROVE IT?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I asked momma, & momma said "he's the DEVIL"!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
you prove to me that the body has the capability to effect a street light thats probably about what 10 feet above your head. It just doesn't make any sense what so ever. ever heard of the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. the body effecting street lights for no reason isn't the simplest its the, well it's the silliest.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join