Street lamps go out when I pass by. Anyone?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I've had this happen to me my whole life, my parents noticed it when I was little my mom used to say when ever she had me in the car I would turn off lights.

She said when i was a toddler I would be in the car going "off, on" and giggle as the street light would flicker, beyond that in my adult life I still notice lights and electronics have a high failure rate when I am around.

I tend to have to replace my laptops and computer every year are so due to parts failing on me, usually involving the power supply. Most of the time I can get warranty replacement on my stuff because it happens so quickly.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TheArchaeologist

This also happens to me but I thought it to strange to talk about.
Glad to know I am not alone.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I think this is more of a phenomenom of awareness than anything extraordinary.

If this doesn't happen with 100% consistency...than it is purely coincidence.

You pass under hundreds of streetlights on a car ride or bike ride...dozens during a walk. Some streetlamps DO cycle on and off...for what reason I don't know...but they do. And other streetlamps use light sensors to go on and off...so if you are in a car...the headlights could trigger the sensor. If you are walking or on a bike...a nearby car could do the same.

This is the same as noticing 11:11 on clocks, or noticing yellow cars if you are looking for them, or noticing the same model car of yours after you buy a brand new car.

I honestly think it is nothing more than awareness...for those of you who have never seen streetlights go on or off when you are nearby...I suspect you will all start to.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses
maybe they have a sensor...

just saying

That's exactly what I think. The street lights come on when I walk by.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheArchaeologist

How often is your definition of often? I only notice a streetlight at night if they go out. I used to feel they often went out when I passed under them, but after paying attention more closely will say it only happens 6 out of 10 times.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I didn't read the whole thread but I think that some video would help us all get it

I would love to see what you're talking about ,somebody must have a video camera just go out at night and film it and post it!!

that would be fun to see and we might pick up on some kind of common denominator if enough people do it

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It happens to me as well so much. Especially when I am really calm not actually FOCUSING on something but letting my brain relax it happens very much. Also I notice when i am really angry and touch devices (not kick them
) they tend to burn some kind of circuit or smt.

Who knows though...

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Yea back in the day, I would go on burn runs down roads with my friends and every time more than a couple of lights would go off right when we got near or under them

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This happens to me everyday!! Every single time I pass a street light it either turns on or off. It is so creepy! I used to think it only happened to me so it's cool that it happens to people everywhere!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

For me, I'd estimate it is one out of ever 5 that I pass. It is a daily occurrence.

Fantastic!

All you need to do then is tonight go outside and walk down the street and film it.

Walk past 50 and approx 10 will go out by your estimate,you`ll be an overnight sensation all around the world.You`ll be RICH I tells ya!

Then we`ll all get to witness this so called nonsense.

Dont keep your super powers secret ,Rich! I wont even expect any money for sugesting it.

Oh and I suppose you get kicked out of shopping centres etc when it becomes so obvious that its you who`s causing all the light failures,or is it just street lights that go out?

Anyway looking forward to see the vid,even a cell phone will do, It`ll put all those who think it rubbish in their place.

P.S. Rich!

I could film it, but you are assuming that i am chalking it up to anything unnatural, which I have never said I was. Just that it happens. If I ever own a camcorder, I will gladly get some video for you, although I dont know what it will prove, other than the lights do go out. And considering the THOUSANDS of first person testimonies on it, I'm not so sure why you need video.

Even better yet, why do you send me a camcorder so that I can oblige?

Jumping to "super powers" and all that garbage only makes you look like a fool. No one has claimed it is anything of the sort.

I also never said it happens to me in shopping centers. I said it happens with street lamp. Get it? Or is it easier to sensationalize and attempt to demean?

Grow up kiddo.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ossminid
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Would saying that you all need to get over yourselves and realize that you aren't 'special' and that everyone could point to some 'strange' coincidences, but that doesn't mean it is a REAL PHENOMENON be constructive? Besides, if it was a special power wtf good would it be. Either way, get over it, no one cares.

1)where did I say that I, or anyone that experiences this is 'special'? It seems some of you are in this thread only to demean those that experience something that you do not. Which is a sad statement on the life of those of you.

2)Obviously, some people do care, considering the THOUSANDS of people who have thought it was relevance to talk about.

Seriously, what is wrong with you people? If you dont care, why are you commenting on it at all?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
"SLI has never been demonstrated to occur in a scientific experiment, and those who claim to cause it have been found to be unable to reproduce the effect on demand; they give the explanation that the effect is not within their mental and physical control."

source: en.wikipedia.org...

Next story please.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

Originally posted by TheArchaeologist

There is no need to be snotty about it, and I don't believe anyone is calling this a super power.

Snotty no,calling it flat out lying as no one has ever been able to do these type of things.

If people want to make up such easly proven nonsense they should be called on it.

He said its a daily occurence,that 1 in 5 will go out.

Easily proven.

You think someone lying is worse than someone who you think is getting snotty? ok so be,when was snottyness against the t&cs of this site?.
edit on 29-5-2011 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

Actually, what i said is that i ESTIMATE about 1 in five, and that having them go out is a daily occurrence.

Comprehension much?

As I stated before, send me a camcorder, or come walk around with me at night if you want me to prove it.

The thing is though, there is no need to prove it, as, like I have already said, there is nothing unnatural, no 'super powers' involved. That is YOUR assessment (and one that is seriously flawed.) In fact, I SPECIFICALLY stated multiple NATURAL explanations for it.

Some people are just sad.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
IT happens to me too, sometimes they turn on if they are off, but I always linked it to coincidental timing, set different coins in different parts, go to each one, one by one and flip them once, you might get a few 'heads' in a row on a single stretch. Yesterday I went to my parent's house, my dad was watching tv and as I walked past the TV the signal froze, and my dad was like "hey! why'd you stop the TV?" and I laughed and said "oh sorry" and waved my hand and the signal started again. Just a coincidence I think. Not saying it isn't possible though.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ommadawn
"SLI has never been demonstrated to occur in a scientific experiment, and those who claim to cause it have been found to be unable to reproduce the effect on demand; they give the explanation that the effect is not within their mental and physical control."

source: en.wikipedia.org...

Next story please.

I post this as the 'proof' you all ask for, only because I know what your responses will be.
edit on 29-5-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This happens to me as well, silly but it used to freak me out when I was a child. It doesn't happen often though. I do however, have an issue with light bulbs. They burn out like crazy, even these new bulbs that are supposed to last like 7 years, I find they burn out in a few short months, sometimes even a a few weeks. That really drives me crazy!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I see street lights go off and on all the time when I'm around. However I thought it was just certain lights that had problems and that they routinely did it. I never stayed at the same light to see what frequency they have for turning off and on. I have seen the exact same lights turn off several times when driving by. Others always stay on. If someone can make several lights in a row go off or back on at will, I would like to see that. Unless I see something strange like that, I don't think this is unusual at all. Some lights don't seem to have any problem and never turn off and on (during the night that is).
edit on 29/5/11 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by one4all
try focusing on making the light go on or off,the reverse of what you noticed,I can sit in my car with my friend and let them tell me when to shut it out.

tighten your stomach muscles like a martial artist as you direct your thoughts.

This is real,and it is because we are broadcasting our energy and we are unaware,when you know what you are doing it is easier to control.

Not exactly rocket science really

Everyone can do it,we just never notice the ability and if we do we dont know what it is or what to do with it.

But it is simply natural science.

Awesome...I've never heard of anyone else doing this! I used to do this with my friend and it really works. We would drive to any street light that was off and could turn it on within 30 seconds. Street lights also turn off for me when passing them and my mom can put out an entire wall of TV's in a store without trying. I've heard the term 'Electric People' or 'Sliders' being used to describe people that can effect electronics and street lamps this way

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
this happens to me 2-3 times per night. though it is always the same street lights. Recently me and my brother made a bet. We chose a street light this often happens with, and stood about 100 yards away. Watched it for about 20 minutes. Then I walk over to it... it turns off. I walk back, as soon as I'm roughly 30-40 feet away it turns back on. We watch it for another 15-20 minuts... no activity. I walk back over to it, and it turns back off.

if I had a video camera, or a smart phone, I would make a video of this. hmmm... I'm sure I have a friend who will let me borrow one. Will come back for update.
edit on 29-5-2011 by renegadeloser because: abcd

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This has been debunked. If you were to do a survey of every streetlight that you cross in your daily life, you would find that about 1/3 of them go out and power back on, on average, about every 30 minutes. You have a god complex.

exclusive video

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join