It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street lamps go out when I pass by. Anyone?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheArchaeologist

I am the thread starter, and I most certainly am NOT lying. Nor am I a rube who wishes to attribute things to super powers or other nonsense.

And? I didn`t respond to what you wrote did I.

Some people here I believe they are seeing just a coincidence,I wouldn`t call that flat out lying like the two I responded to.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
post removed by staff

Funny, where I come from, calling someone a liar is "name calling" too. Not just name calling, but character assasination as well, if you want to be technical about it.

He has not "proven it" yet to you, yet you have not disproved it, but are quick to yell LIAR, and make smart alec'd responses.
edit on Sun May 29 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

post removed by staff

Maybe our hero here is the greatest thing since Jesus.

Even Jesus showed his ability by turning water into wine and walking on water..

If it is good enough for Jesus it is good enough for op wouldn't you think?

I would like to see this...
edit on Sun May 29 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Funny, where I come from, calling someone a liar is "name calling" too. Not just name calling, but character assasination as well, if you want to be technical about it.

I forgot your defending him because you believe he can do what he says.

I also forgotten the amount of people who have been banned for lying and making things up when they are called on it.

The staff here can take a very dim view of it.

He has not "proven it" yet to you, yet you have not disproved it, but are quick to yell LIAR, and make smart alec'd responses.

Heck I promise to lick his feet if he can do what he claims he can and apologize on a daily basis for calling him a flat out liar.
edit on 29-5-2011 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

I forgot your defending him because you believe he can do what he says.

I also forgotten the amount of people who have been banned for lying and making things up when they are called on it.

The staff here can take a very dim view of it.

Heck I promise to lick his feet if he can do what he claims he can and appolligise on a daily basis.

I never said I believed what he said. In fact I didn't even go back and reread what he said. There are people posting who say they have similiar experiences to my original post, and go on to say things that I do not agree with at all. It's the coming in and being snotty about the subject without adding any useful info that I don't agree with.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

I never said I believed what he said. In fact I didn't even go back and reread what he said. There are people posting who say they have similiar experiences to my original post, and go on to say things that I do not agree with at all. It's the coming in and being snotty about the subject without adding any useful info that I don't agree with.

Thats ok and I understand that,but read what the two I responded to had to say and they are the one I`m calling out not you.

In reading the thread the claims were getting more and more ridiculous,you wouldn`t want people like that on your thread sucking people in would you?

As I said I believe some are just seeing coincidences.

Some are just flat out lying.
edit on 29-5-2011 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I've noticed this too. The key to noticing how unremarkable this all is is to walk down a street with lots of lamps on it. Take note of everyone that DOES NOT turn off or on in your presence. You'll notice that you have no special effect or power. We happen to notice the ones that DO turn off or on, and then put that in the little memory bank that notices such things. If somehow your special "powers" do turn off even 10% of street lamps you encounter then I'll be impressed. Go try it. Bring a camera. Don't give stories about how "it happens more frequently than you can imagine." As the old internet saying goes: "Pictures (movies) or it didn't happen."

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TheArchaeologist

I've experienced the same thing with street lights going off when I pass under or near them. Not all the time, but enough to know that it wasn't coincidence. I also don't wear watches since most of them are electric and they quit working after a few weeks. Glad to know that there are others out there experiencing the same things.
Anarch

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto
If somehow your special "powers" do turn off even 10% of street lamps you encounter then I'll be impressed. Go try it. Bring a camera. Don't give stories about how "it happens more frequently than you can imagine." As the old internet saying goes: "Pictures (movies) or it didn't happen."

Yep and the other member I quoted said he could turn them off at will

Unlike stories that are impossible to prove fake that people say such as "I talk to aliens subconsciously" etc that show up so frequently at least these to guys can easily prove their word and should if they had the ability,but they wont because they are flat out lying and junior scam artists in the making.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

yes it has happened to me many times. once i was in a friends house and he had a 360 i said has that ever got the red rings he said no and right then it got the red rings some may see it as a coincidence i dont think it was i was in a bad mood that day and i think it was me that done it.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Post a video, otherwise it's just talk.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Would saying that you all need to get over yourselves and realize that you aren't 'special' and that everyone could point to some 'strange' coincidences, but that doesn't mean it is a REAL PHENOMENON be constructive? Besides, if it was a special power wtf good would it be. Either way, get over it, no one cares.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

This has happened to me, its not every street light but the odd one or two now and again. I have noticed that when im stressed it seems to happen more.

I don't know what causes it and i have also thought that its just a problem with the lights but it does not happen to anyone else.

Im not a religious person at all so i don't think its paranormal or anything.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
My living accommodation is one floor above street level.
There are several street lights at the back and front, and they are light sensor controlled.

One shines directly into my lounge and bedroom, and is permenantly in my view.
During the nine years I have lived here, this one has been breaking down once or twice a year and has needed repairs.
The others nearby have not.

I also notice that several times a week my PC reboots itself, and my TV changes channel.

I am intrigued by the possibility that my aura may be causing these phenomenon.

I do believe we have 'mind power' - When I have directed my concentration at nuisance minimoto bikes near my home, they have invariably broken down.
edit on 29-5-2011 by margaretr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I have also had a period of about 5 or 6 years when I noticed this happening. The streetlight on the corner where I live was a guarantee of going out every time I passed. I still live there and it has stopped about 6 months ago. My boyfriend joked that maybe it was my O neg blood type. We are about 5% of the population. Also, this was during a time when I had several MRIs due to a benign brain tumor. Curious as to whether anyone else who has noticed this has had an MRI or has a negative blood type.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I had noticed this myself - but never thought much of it. I'd be walking by and say, "Weird. There goes another streetlight. I wonder why they do that..."

Interesting to learn that I am not the only one that sees a rather large number of street lights go off when I am looking.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by borntoquestion

Had an MRI years ago - did not notice any change. And though My mother was O-, I am O+.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ossminid
reply to post by captaintyinknots

... no one cares.

Speak for Yourself. [smile]

A number of people, it would seem, DO care.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Some are just flat out lying.

And some (and I know this for a fact, because I'm One of Them) are giving as objective a report as They might.

When lights go out frequently - and no One else around can say They ever have seen that - it's more than "coincidence."

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dreadrokk

when we lived in a flat girlfriend pregnant with our first we were in bed when i first noticed a black cloud
i asked my partner if she could see anything and she said she could see a black shapeless thing
and there was this feeling of pure evil we both felt
thenfor some reason i said to it get out of our home or when i die i will consume you and it left i still feel daft telling peeps that last bit but it is true,
also i mentioned this to my cousin and he said that his mum is always visited by this

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join