It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street lamps go out when I pass by. Anyone?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Ok, this is odd. I googled, as it was mentioned above in this thread, and this is an actual phenomenon. Now my interest is definitely piqued.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
This has happened to me 4-5 times in my life.

Enough times for me to notice but not enough to attribute me as the cause.

I mean if you think about how many street lights we walk/drive/ride under compared to how many times a light goes out, it makes it the exception and not the rule..at least for myself anyway.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
It's all in your head, Street Lamps flicker on and off ALL the time..

You can stand out in the street at night and if there is 15 lamps down your road
one of them is bound to be flickering at any given time..

I beg to differ. They do not merely flicker, they go out, distinctly so. I am not someone who is a flake or is so inept that I would mistake normal flickering lights etc with what I have experienced. It is very distinct.

I should have done a search, sorry, it honest to god did not occur to me that this was a subject that would have been discussed before.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Ok so here's a little experiment you can do. Count all the streetlights that you go by and don't turn off and also keep a tally of how many turn off. You always notice when the lights turn off because it is a change in the environment but don't pay attention to the ones that stay on. The same thing has happened to me. Also age, photo cell sensors and overheating play in a big part of this.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

I mean if you think about how many street lights we walk/drive/ride under compared to how many times a light goes out, it makes it the exception and not the rule..at least for myself anyway.

For me, I'd estimate it is one out of ever 5 that I pass. It is a daily occurrence.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Yes because I am an indigo adult except for the street lamp thing.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

I understand. For me though, it happens enough, that I will think to myself, this light is gonna go out as soon as I walk under it, and sure enough, it does. And, it has been happening to me as long as I can remember. So for me it seems the rule rather than the exception. Who knows.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by radkrish

Yes because I am an indigo adult except for the street lamp thing.

What? What are you talking about?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Says an indigo adult

Any proof of the street lamps going off? Anyone?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TheArchaeologist

there is a street light across the road from our home about 100 feet to the right and when i look at it it goes off then back on then off on off but just checked to see if it still did the same in front of family nothing

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I said I am an indigo adult. But I don't believe in street lamps going off. just couldn't take people's words for it.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Swills

Says an indigo adult

Nope. Everyone who talks about this phenomena is making it up.

wanna come walk around with me? You'll see it.
edit on 29-5-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Swills

Says an indigo adult

For my part, I have never tried to record it. I have never looked into it enough, to date, to feel the need to provide "proof" to anyone, other than me mentioning to to friends or family, and it happening, and they usually just say jokingly " ok,you're an alien". Emphesis on the joking.

Edited to add, I have no reason at all to make it up.

edit on 29-5-2011 by TheArchaeologist because: Edit to add

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by philware

there is a street light across the road from our home about 100 feet to the right and when i look at it it goes off then back on then off on off but just checked to see if it still did the same in front of family nothing

Bizarre isn't it. I have no explanations for ya. Wish I did know.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Good idea, since you said you can think of the light going off as you pass and it does you should record yourself walking by multiple streetlights without stopping the camcorder proving that it happens to you often.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Here is one thing about Indigo that I dont really agree:

has an affinity towards angels, ‘invisible friends’ such as fairies, gnomes, and lots and lots of colour in every aspect of life

The above is totally false. About the street lamp thing..it could be an exaggeration until one sees it in person.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
i can say i have experienced this, in a way that seemed totally not random.

but still i also have no doubts that the lights go out and flicker when im not there too

when i noticed it, was actually funny because i was walking around cursing the public lighting for not letting me see any stars, then suddently the whole street goes out.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
This has been happening to me since I was about 15 years old, I will be 50 this year, another strange thing happens too, every time I go to a Restaurant and sit down to eat, a few minutes later, there will be a line of people coming in, my daughter thought I was crazy the first time I told her it would happen, but now she knows it's true, same with the streetlight thing.

OP, I am pretty sure that if you start paying more attention to what happens around you, you will notice more strange things going on, it's sort of a wierd energy that you have, at least it is for me.

The street light thing was just one of many strange happenings in my lifetime.

Great Thread
Thanks

Peace

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
With all due respect, please do not turn this into a fairy and gnome discussion because frankly if someone told me that they believe in fairies and gnomes, well...I won't say anything nasty, other than, I do NOT.

I looked at the wikipedia page that was posted, and saw someone call this "magical thinking". I have never thought of this as magical thinking, or some such nonsense.

I also noted that a GE engineer of sodium lights called this phenomenon which is was apparently named SLI by a writer, that SLI is "a combination of coincidence and wishful thinking".

I am confident enough in how I percieve my surroundings that it is not coincidence, and I most certainly have NEVER thought of this as something I would "WISH" to happen to me, or "wish" that others thought I had the ability to do so.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Street lights are on timers.
Residents complain of the lights on all night and sometimes it is to save electricity or to darken a road that isn't used much at this particular hour. At least that's the way it is around here.
Many lights like the lights in the grocery freezer case are motion sensitive and only go on when someone approaches them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join