It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street lamps go out when I pass by. Anyone?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Ok my opinion on this one. I think that this is a phenomenon based on something that really happens.
If it happened to me I would be interested enough to record exactly how often it happened, if it happened with certain street lights only, what time of day it happened. I would also borrow a DVD recorder to show it happening.
Now I don't believe I'm unique, I think a certain number of people would be as interested in recording all the details and filiming it, not just to prove its happening, but because its interesting and could be worthy of study.
So where are the videos of the lights going out? I can only conclude that some people have brought DVD recorders and good mobile phones with them meaning to film, but haven't been able to record anything, because it happens to them a lot less often than they believe.
Anybody care to comment on this and another question - when the lights go out, if you suddenly stop in that position does the light stay out until you move away? How many second does the light go out for?
edit on 30-5-2011 by freethinker123 because: typos schipos

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraclete1
This is the best explanation I've read about lights turning off, I read it at

amasci.com...

" NOTE: STREET LIGHTS DO TURN OFF BY THEMSELVES

FINALLY, a perfectly plausable opposing argument. Thanks for using your brains instead of slinging crap at people like a demented spider monkey because you don't like to hear about their experiences.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Not street lights but in my apts. there are lights on the side of the building and as my sister walks by they dim then flash and come back on as she walks away. Really weird, but probably nothing; I poke a lil fun at her about it lol.
edit on 30-5-2011 by xxPUSH0Noo because: +

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TheArchaeologist

Do you have any video proof?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I thought this was happening to me once walking down a back road home from work in the early hours of the morning it freaked me out a bit. It never happened all the time though. It did get me nervously expecting it but sometimes it never happened. Got me thinking maybe just overheating.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Didn't you post this already? If not you then someone wrote the same exact story already

Glad you noticed that too, thought I had a confirmed time slip there.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by blangger

This happens to me, and has for about the last 15 years. Ilive in the UK. It happens with street lights only, as far as i've noticed. For years when i lived at home, there was one street lightit happened with more than any other. Might be evening or the middle of the night, but it would go off when i was under it or within a few feet of under.

Never thought to try and film it, though i think it would be almost impossible to catch. Its never happened when i've been thinking about it. It does, however, happen too often for it to be coincidence

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

This has happened to me a lot! Also, street lights have gone ON when I walked under them. I have also has multiple light bulbs burn out at the same time. Also, I have made those security lights people have in their yards go off instead of on when I walk near them. Its very interesting! I think it means you have a very strong energy.

this is an interesting little link about it:
psychicinsights.wordpress.com...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

That video was great!!!
Word to Big Bird, ya heard?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Thank you so much for an interesting, non-sarcastic, non-snotty, dis-believing post! I was thinking of Auras as well, when I commented earlier.

What was it a wise rabbi once said, "Let the dead bury their dead."

There are just entirely TOO many people on this site, who are either government employed debunkers/naysayers who poo-poo anything spiritual, or unexplainable by our earthly standards.

There's a great big Universe out there, and God only knows what all Amazing Creation awaits us when we are finally able to traverse the stars and galaxies on our own. Of course, I think we have a secret space navy and have already done just that - but the elitists bury and/or suppress the truth as much as possible.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

No, not flickering. Actually going out and staying out until I pass by. I could stand under that lamp for 5-10 minutes (and have for longer), and as soon as I move "out of the way" it goes back on. I guess we're just too bright for the sensor. Ha!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Yes, I've noticed this too. One of them would actually turn on as I drove by instead of off. I always assumed it was motion activated until I realized it really wasn't... which was really weird! I think there is something to it..
edit on 30-5-2011 by civilchallenger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheArchaeologist
No I haven't made a thread like this before, and to be honest, I was remiss and I didn't do a search for one because I didn't think there would have been one.

I don't know what an "indigo" person is.

I can explain a bit possibly. The reason it happens is because that's the way they communicate to you via timed prompts. It's meant to get your attention friend....I've been privy to them for some years now. They are light workers of sorts and there is an encoded timed prompt within you that is a call to higher consciousness. The world is changing from a scientifically proven stand point but that isn't all people are and will continue to be tested (emotionally, spiritually)

Do you happen to see a series of numbers....the same numbers....a lot? I see 11:11 a lot though it comes and goes now....I think it's because I know that it's not a joke and that I'm moving with haste towards my own personal ascension!! You are, I am...not a nutter butter my friend TRUST in that. As you do research into it you will see what I mean. I was born on the elventh day of the elventh month of the year...that's just one example of how I identify with the number.

Meditate
Meditate
Meditate.....That is what I think you should do ultimately.

-Invisible Crown-

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Change the adjustment on your headlights.

They are most likely shutting off the street lights when you pass by them because the street lights are set with a light sensor.
That is why street lights activate only during the dark. They are not active during light hours and your headlights are most likely set in an upward dirfection tripping the light sensor, thus deactivating the lights as you pass by each one.

Sorry my friend, but I really do not believe that it is phenomenon.
Man made tools do not usually display any signs of phenomena.
Tha is reserved for nature only.

Remember, correlation is not causation.

As for you walking.
That is somewhat unexplainable without seeing a video or some type of evidence to back up your claim.
I will say, however, that unless it occurs with each and every light that you pass, then it is most likely the light sensor.

edit on 5/30/2011 by Josephus23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Yes, it used to happen to me quite often while driving...a light in front of me, perhaps a 1/4 or less would go out and many times it was the same light. Used to drive the same route every night and it was about 25 miles and much of it was on the city loop. Since Im not out driving at night any more, I don't have to chance to observe it, but like you, it happened enough that I was aware of it.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I have similar things happen, but generally its lights that are off, turning on. Happens almost daily since I run at night, but its not dusk, its generally already dark out with all lights on. There will be the odd one off and as I run under it, it turns on. I'm guessing its some kind of motion tracking for electrical conservation...lights turn on as traffic increases etc.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Didn't you post this already? If not you then someone wrote the same exact story already

And this contributes to the post, how?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This happens to me with one street light near my house. I walk past it so often on nights that i know the spot at which the light will go out and come back on when iv past it.

I once tricked my son by saying "Watch this!" and clicked my fingers at the spot where I knew the light would go out and then as we walked by clicked them again at the spot it comes back on. Haha he thought I was magic until I explained to him that it was just a dodgy street light. That is what i think it is by the way, just a dodgy street light. not sure about what happens with you though. sounds interesting.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee

And this contributes to the post, how?

He was simply asking the OP if they had posted this SAME story twice. Completely relevant in my opinion, what exactly have you contributed with your post?

You see the hypocracy in your post, right?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I've had this happen to me frequently, too. However, if you think you somehow interfere with street lights, wouldn't they ALL go out when you walk under them? I think its coincidence. I've read that those things will automatically cut off if they overheat. Also, that particular light could be getting old and cycling on and off.. or whatever. My point is, you can't think that you are affecting it just because one goes out while you're near it and all the other ones stay on.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join