It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street lamps go out when I pass by. Anyone?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I'll preface this by saying that this subject isn't one I typically spend a lot of time on, but I have always been very aware of it, and always been thoughtful of it, just never delved into it.

This might sound bizarre, but since I can remember, at night, when walking under street lamps, they go off after I've walked under them. I like to walk at night, and also used to ride my bicycle at night, and when I go under a street lamp, they often go out, and when I ride under them on a bicycle they often go out. Even driving under them in a car, they'll go out.

This is something that happens often enough that I have actively noticed it, and even jokingly mentioned it to others, such as my husband, and friends, and nobody has experienced this. However I mentioned it once to my mother, while walking with her at night, and she said "that is strange, that has happened to me too".

In fact, with my husband, I have even said, watch, this light will go out as soon as I pass under it, and often, it does, though I have never kept score on percentages, it's enough that I can say with some degree of confidence that it will go out or dim.

And yes, this probably sounds nutty to others, it sounds kind of silly to me too, but it has happened since I can remember, so I often just figured it had something to do with the lights or something. I have wondered of some of the lights are on a "light/darkness sensor" but it wouldn't make sense because in most cases I don't have a light on me at all, and if all cars caused street lamps to go out, it seems they would be constantly having issues. I've never tried to study it, or really mentioned it to anyone, except as a "watch this" or noting it to myself when it happens.

So I ask, does this happen to you? Or have you heard of this before?

** I have a few other "odd" things that seem to happen to me,but I'll leave those for other discussions.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheArchaeologist

Didn't you post this already? If not you then someone wrote the same exact story already

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Same thing happens to me very often. Usually when i'm driving under a light at night and even sometimes when I sit down at a restaurant or walk through the aisle of a store, a light will burn out. I feel like it happens way too often to just be coincidences.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
This is a fairly common phenomena, although it is one that I have yet to find a strong explanation for. It happens to me quite often, even moreso when I am worked up about something.

Some say it is the heat signature of the person being detected by the sensor in the lamp. Some say it is a sign of a strong aura. Some claim it is a heightened electrical charge coming from the person.

Whatever the reason it IS a real phenomena.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
This has happened to me a lot. I don't know what "it" is or if "it" is anything at all.

Just one of those weird "things" IMO.

S&F

+1 more 
posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
You people are not indigo adults..sorry

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
It always happens with me and its always the same street lights.
they either go out or come on if I walk or bike under them.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by radkrish
You people are not indigo adults..sorry

No S*&% Sherlock. Anything constructive to add?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by radkrish

Says who? You?

Here's a fun video for all the Indigos out there

edit on 29-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
maybe they have a sensor...

just saying

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Did a Google search on this apparently it is been talked about on quite
a few forums.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
That happens to me quite often as well as my Aunt. I don't have an explanation for it though. Sorry

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses

just saying

There's no maybe about it. They do. The question is, why does this only happen to SOME people, and not all?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
No I haven't made a thread like this before, and to be honest, I was remiss and I didn't do a search for one because I didn't think there would have been one.

I don't know what an "indigo" person is.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Street light interference, or SLI, is an alleged anomalous phenomenon where a person seems to turn off (or sometimes on) street lights, or outside building security lights, when passing near them.
Although street lights can turn off by chance, such as high pressure sodium street lights cycling (turning on and off repeatedly) at the end of their life cycle, believers in street light interference tend to claim that it happens to them personally on a regular basis, more frequently than chance would explain. Some propose paranormal explanations for SLI, sometimes based on scientific terminology, such as the explanation that electrical impulses in their brain interfere with the workings of electric lights. Anecdotes about people's experiences of SLI have been reported by news sources.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I posted a video that explains who Indigos are

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
It's all in your head, Street Lamps flicker on and off ALL the time..

You can stand out in the street at night and if there is 15 lamps down your road
one of them is bound to be flickering at any given time..

link   

There are quite a few threads relating to your OP.
I hope these help you.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The phenomenon is known as street lamp interference, or SLI, and it possibly is a psychic event that is just beginning to be recognized and studied. Like most phenomena of this type, the evidence is almost exclusively anecdotal. I have received several stories like the one above from readers.

link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses
just saying

I wondered about that for some time. Maybe after "X" amount of cars pass by they shut down to cool off. Anyone know some one in public works, etc???

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
It's all in your head, Street Lamps flicker on and off ALL the time..

You can stand out in the street at night and if there is 15 lamps down your road
one of them is bound to be flickering at any given time..

Its certainly not 'all in our heads'. You obviously havent experienced this phenomena.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join