It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HK PDW

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Caliber: 4.6mm proprietary (4.6x30mm)
Weight: 1.5 kg empty
Lenght (stock closed/open): 340 / 540 mm
Barrel lenght: 180 mm
Rate of fire: 950 rounds per minute
Magazine capacity: 20 or 40 rounds
Effective range: 200 meters

source 1
source 2
source 3

This is the new PDW or personal defense weapon from hecklor and koch or as its called the MP7. Now i was wondering whats everyones thoughts on this weapon? It can be fired like a pistol or SMG while being fired like a pistol it can be fired single or double handed and has a retractible butstock. Is this NATO's next sub machine gun? Or will it be be just another good SMG?

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
This will no doubt be a great SMG since HK is making it but it might have some competition in the SMG market.

Caliber: 5.7x28mm SS190
Weight: 2.54 kg empty; 3 kg loaded with magazine with 50 rounds
Lenght: 500 mm
Barrel lenght: 263 mm
Rate of fire: 900 rounds per minute
Magazine capacity: 50 rounds
Effective range: 200 meters

There stats seem quite simaliar if you ask me. They both seem designed for the same role. Only time will tell which is better

world.guns.ru...

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Now i was wondering whats everyones thoughts on this weapon?

Well I think it is ugly. Though it does look quite small which could be handy.

Is that 4.6x30mm a new calibre?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
i think it looks like it's been designed for close-quarter anti-terrorist work, storming rooms, ground side aircraft etc....

also it looks much nicer than the P-90

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hyperen

Well I think it is ugly. Though it does look quite small which could be handy.

Is that 4.6x30mm a new calibre?

yeah thats it unfolded it looks nicer unfolded.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Your right the Gun looks alot better unfolded. The P90 may be referred as a forerunner of the PDW (Personal Defence Weapon) concept, that arose in last 4 or 5 years.

If I was in a tank crew I would love either one of these guns over a hand gun that they get now.

Hk does know there stuff though Im glad they are making the carbine part of the XM-29 for the US

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I like the ~MP5K-PDW~ better. dunno much about this, seen it a few times but didn't really read much on it. gonna go check it out now.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'm a big fan of H&K products.

Unless I'm shopping for a perty revolver such as the ruger vaquero I don't rightly care how the gun looks as long as it works and I've never been dissapointed with an HK assault weapon.

So the damn thing seems pretty Saweet to me.

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riotgirl_AK107GP30
I like the ~MP5K-PDW~ better. dunno much about this, seen it a few times but didn't really read much on it. gonna go check it out now.

yeah well every one loves the MP5 i mean come on its just ............well for lack of a better word perfect.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
I'm a big fan of H&K products.

Unless I'm shopping for a perty revolver such as the ruger vaquero I don't rightly care how the gun looks as long as it works and I've never been dissapointed with an HK assault weapon.

So the damn thing seems pretty Saweet to me.

Spiderj

you have good tatse.
may you live for 1000 years.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I was talking to a SWAT team member in my area and he said he didnt really like the MP-5. He said it was to finicky he said he much prefered the AK he owned too it. I guess anything will seem finicky compared to a AK

That about they only thing I ever heard bad about the MP-5 though.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Hummina-hummina! I'll take 2, no need to wrap that up, thanks.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It looks soft to me I don't go for the weak stuff. This gun would be good if your shooting chickens, but going up in close combat with terrorist with body armor this gun wound even sting or make a dent in em.

new topics

top topics

join