It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every star in the sky is twinkling... hard

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
We have a 'fair' amount of light polution here, so i can see many stars. I spend many weekends in the mountains away from most city lights where on good days i can get a glimpse of the milky way.
I've noticed, about 1month ago or more that not only the stars near the horizon are blinking, twinkling, but also many stars right above me. It was like every star was sirius.

Dont know what to think about that, but i am not the only one who noticed. So one thing i am sure, its not my eyes that are twinkling.
Im guessing its just a strange anomaly in the atmosphere, maybe the radiation from fukushima thats effecting it.
edit on 29-5-2011 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HAMO2011

Does it happen to traverse your field of view? If so you may have just witnessed the ISS because now it is the 3rd brightest object in the night sky and takes about 3 minutes to fly past your viewpoint. Since the last solar panel was installed on the ISS it is now brighter than Jupiter, 3rd after Venus and the moon, but if the sun happens to reflect off of its attitude, a solar flash can be brighter than Venus making it temporarily the second brightest object in the night sky. Sirius is the brightest star and 5th brightest object in the night sky.

Happy night sky viewing mate.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

It's because the seasons (and the weather) are changing.
The air gets more roiled as it warms up moving into summer.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

that could explain it, just normal every year things
thanks

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Thanks for the explanation Phage

Glad everyone got a kick out of my choice of words too. Not gonna lie, I'm a big pothead and I talk like that all the time. Can't help it, I grew up on Cheech and Chong and Beavis and Butthead.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HAMO2011
reply to post by Nickbeezy26

I think me and you have been seeing the same thing, here in NZ i tend to go outside at night and check out the stars and out of nowhere a big bright light comes out of nowhere like a headlight of a plane then started dimming then just disappear no noise at all, happen to me about 3 times now

I do agree with OP the stars and alot brighter down here as well. Could be our atmosphere is thinning up???

thats crazy man i wonder wut it is

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join