It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end of the world.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The Mayans spoke about the end of the AGE not the end of the world! When one age ends another begins. Call it whatever you want, age of Aquarius or anything else. The world will always be here. The population of humans may not be the same but the planet itself will be here well into the forseeable future

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I think there is something that will happen, but not a good thing, more like the end to an evil force that has been perplexing mankind since the beginning. Because so many of us have been delluded by it, when it loses its grip, many people will start to lose thier minds, and many people whom have been resisting it will be freed of its control.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by AQuestion

How are we finite

Everything of physical existence is finite.

Ahh, but I see us as spiritual emotional beings living in a temporary physical world. This is just a starting place, not an ending one.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

How are we finite

Ahh, but I see us as spiritual emotional beings living in a temporary physical world. This is just a starting place, not an ending one.

You have a good heart...Im not here to drown that with anything that sounds like a 'end'.

I will say...we, as THEE eternal and infinite spirit, are always 'to and fro' with no end. The Spirit is always in expression of self, there for there is always a 'creation/emanation'.

As a Spirit in expression...there is much more to come for harmony to find its place here.

Its like we are in the dream, of the creator. This experience/life....is not really our true self. Within us all, we share the same Spirit of Life, the same Nature of Spirit, the same Light that connects us all, it is what makes us 'one'. The whole Universe is like 'one dream'. You cant have only parts of it without the other parts being in it. It all, is working, together, for the 'one'.

Im not looking for any end friend....I dont think any end is in sight...I think the true 'being' of ourselves, is just beginning. I await mountains to more, I await all children to not be hungry, I await the wise nature of man to rise up and be at one, with what he is of, be in balance with nature/life.

There is a prime image for us of what we can be, and to find that and be it, we will have to understand the connection between us, we will have to understand that we are 'one'. Do you think the ants think of themselves of separate from the rest of the ants when they are working to build their mounds and collect food? Some how its like they are reading eachothers minds and they ALL just know, what to do and how to do it. If one gets hurt, there is no time wasted, the next ant that comes along picks that ant up and moves him on.

There is a reason we are to understand our oneness that we are of with this universe. Its very true that as we stand divided we will keep falling.

This is not about any individual. The purpose here is to unite, tune in with our true nature which seeks harmony between all life, and become something together.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

We all have potential to be the same. We are only different because we have lived amoungst one another for centuries. its our nature to seperate ourselves form one another.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

How are we finite

You have a good heart...Im not here to drown that with anything that sounds like a 'end'.

I will say...we, as THEE eternal and infinite spirit, are always 'to and fro' with no end. The Spirit is always in expression of self, there for there is always a 'creation/emanation'.

As a Spirit in expression...there is much more to come for harmony to find its place here.

Its like we are in the dream, of the creator. This experience/life....is not really our true self. Within us all, we share the same Spirit of Life, the same Nature of Spirit, the same Light that connects us all, it is what makes us 'one'. The whole Universe is like 'one dream'. You cant have only parts of it without the other parts being in it. It all, is working, together, for the 'one'.

Im not looking for any end friend....I dont think any end is in sight...I think the true 'being' of ourselves, is just beginning. I await mountains to more, I await all children to not be hungry, I await the wise nature of man to rise up and be at one, with what he is of, be in balance with nature/life.

There is a prime image for us of what we can be, and to find that and be it, we will have to understand the connection between us, we will have to understand that we are 'one'. Do you think the ants think of themselves of separate from the rest of the ants when they are working to build their mounds and collect food? Some how its like they are reading eachothers minds and they ALL just know, what to do and how to do it. If one gets hurt, there is no time wasted, the next ant that comes along picks that ant up and moves him on.

There is a reason we are to understand our oneness that we are of with this universe. Its very true that as we stand divided we will keep falling.

This is not about any individual. The purpose here is to unite, tune in with our true nature which seeks harmony between all life, and become something together.

Dear LeoVirgo,

We are all of the same essence, a rose by any other name is still a rose, I agree. I see us as the body of humanity, each part unique and each part still a part. Together we are humanity, one species, one commonality, yet each part serving a separate function. Not all having to think the same; but, each capable of knowing that the goal is the same, doing what is best for the best reason, that it is best for us. Loving thy neighbor as oneself. That is a common goal and a pretty good one. finding where we can do the most good considering our skills and abilities and interests. Again, my take on it. And thank you for your kind salutation, be well.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warpthal

We all have potential to be the same. We are only different because we have lived amoungst one another for centuries. its our nature to seperate ourselves form one another.

Dear Warpthal,

I believe in common ground not commonality and certainly not group think. You and I have different abilities, we can share our experiences; but, we each understand differently. I can learn from others; but, only in my way. I cannot become you and you cannot become me, we are different and the same at the same time. Each unique and each beautiful. Male and female he made us, I am male and appreciate the difference that females are; still, in the end, at their core, they are still human as am I. In all of history there has only been one exact you and one exact me. You are unique and you matter as do I. I tell people to be the best them that they can be and that seems to work pretty well. I do not believe we should focus too much on our commonalities or our differences, we should focus on being the best "us" that we can, I don't see how that can be bad, my opinion, not the word, just what I believe and it changed my life.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Lets ask ourselves whats finite.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Warpthal

You cover a vast amount of knowledge in this thread. And I like how you laid it out
ats thanks :cplt for bringing the minds back
viral indeed keep up the good work OP intra769 seep

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Warpthal

You cover a vast amount of knowledge in this thread. And I like how you laid it out
ats thanks :cplt for bringing the minds back
viral indeed keep up the good work OP intra769 seep

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Warpthal

Lets ask ourselves whats finite.

Then I think we should start with 'what has limits or bounds'.

How can we look at anything of the material world and not call it finite?

How can we look at any form of being and not call it finite?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Hi again...I hope all is well.

Consider for a moment, that we are all the same Spirit, not separate at all like this world displays us as.

Consider both ideas side by side...that we are separate individual spirits and that we are one spirit.

Consider where the 'life' within plants and animals comes from and consider how the circle of life occurs in that this design we live in, we must consume life, to live, to have life. Life, lives off of other life. There is no other way to be. What is so special about things that hold life in them?? Why cant we eat plastic or something? Why do we have to eat at all? Why must we have water and why are we made of bones like the stones of the earth and veins and blood like the shores and rivers of our home. If you were a perfect creator....where are you going to place your great wisdom? Would it not be in the very design of what you are?? Everything that emanated from you, would hold a piece of you within it. For nothing would be able to 'be' without you in it.

If we were all individual spirits...where did we come from? Why are we here? Who made this world? And what kind of world would earth become, if we all believed, that we were separate spirits with different things to learn here? Could we ever really make this world a better place then what it is, if we believe and strive for, our separations, our differences? Do you think that we separate spiritual beings, we can really live for our similarities?

There is a great hidden whisper in nature and the design of life itself. We are of two natures. One of them is what we have always been and one of them was born and made when we became a baby and grew into a child, and we came to think we were separate from the source of our true being.

This knowledge can be found in several different religions or even in the psychology of the ego and self.

Know what is of flesh...and observe how this nature of flesh causes certain thoughts, reactions, feelings, and desires. Know what is of Spirit. To know this, you must first discern what is of flesh to see what Spirit, is not.

Consider the Spirit holy, perfect, infinite. In Spirit, Thee has nothing to learn, no improving is needed, no wisdom must be gained, all Spirit is doing is 'being' and to be, Thee must express....express is to move outwardly...thus, you get emanation/creation.

We are of that 'one' Spirit.

How would a 'many' spirits come about? Are they without beginning and end? Did they all come from a former Spirit? Has there always been this separation of Spirits on their own journeys and what is it that they are doing, what is their purpose in 'being'?

I only give you things to think about...I present none of this as any fact even if I write it as such. I welcome any thoughts or feedback as well.

My best
LV

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
I think there is something that will happen, but not a good thing, more like the end to an evil force that has been perplexing mankind since the beginning. Because so many of us have been delluded by it, when it loses its grip, many people will start to lose thier minds, and many people whom have been resisting it will be freed of its control.

Show me an example of this 'evil'-

Show me some examples that shows there is a 'force' that is outside of us causing 'bad things'-something that is beyond our usual cause and effects of human nature and individualism.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Do you find the rose itself, infinite...or the life and energy therein?

Do you find yourself, what name you are, what form you have, what your personality has become while in this flesh, what your intellect is...do you find those things that make you you...infinite?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Hi LeoVirgo,

We call things 'truth' and a new way of claiming we know its a truth

Is there such a thing as Truth? If so, what is Truth?

The truth, is often boring and not self gratifying

Do you feel that you know The Truth?

Are you 100% certain that you are right and others are wrong?

the future is set in stone...

Is the past set in stone?

Can a person change what they did yesterday?

Love & Best Wishes!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ET_MAN

Hi LeoVirgo,

We call things 'truth' and a new way of claiming we know its a truth

Is there such a thing as Truth? If so, what is Truth?

The truth, is often boring and not self gratifying

Do you feel that you know The Truth?

Are you 100% certain that you are right and others are wrong?

the future is set in stone...

Is the past set in stone?

Can a person change what they did yesterday?

Love & Best Wishes!

Hello ETman

I wish you would post the entire post I made so others could see what I was talking about.

You kind of took things I said, out of their context.

I did not claim to have truth....I said....sometimes we think we have truth because something resonates with us, and we can be misled by this if we are not in tune with knowing our own desires and fears. Just because someone is seeking 'within' does not make what they 'discover' a absolute for the world.

And the part you quoted about 'future set in stone' was not claiming I felt that it was set in stone, but rather I said...'many think the future is set in stone' and I was saying this because people believe in prophecies, which would mean the future would be set in stone. If you believe in prophecies, you believe the future is 'set'.

What I understand right now, is truth for me, on a personal level, of what I am in need of. Same for you and everyone else. In a way, all is truth in one perspective or another. It may be truth, about someones personal desires. It may be a truth, that shows their personal fears. It may be a truth, in the history of man.

All things serve a purpose....so is anything really 'false'? In some way, it provides us direction or allows us to measure and weigh our direction.

I dont think the question should be 'is it truth' but better yet...does it serve a purpose.

We can observe the world is entangled. We can observe that all things connect and that its 'one' great work.

My point in my post, that you picked words out of context....was to say that what we feel is a truth, can be brought through the pathways of self desires and fears. We need to 'know' our personal wants, desires, and hopes....to discern between our human wants and wishes.

In many post I use the words maybe, could be, and post things as questions. I challenge others and enjoy the challenge back. But if your going to challenge back or question me back, please pose those according to the context I wrote my words in....and not pull them out of context.

I share what I understand...and many many times in my posts, I say time and time again....its my limited understanding for where Im at on my path.

Sure, I can answer your questions....but I have to ask, why did you pull them out of context?

The 'truths' I was referring to that often humans find boring....are the things that we can observe in this world. Things like the importance of compassion, things like offering and helping others. People dont understand the worth of these things. They want to worry more about super powers or reading minds or thinking their home is elsewhere. We are here....now is the time to focus on...today....this world. Many are not satisfied with that...they want supernatural things, they want miracles....they want someone else to save the day and many wait on someone else to do it and are not gratified with the idea that it might be us that have to make the world a better place.

The important truths that we can find right here on earth....seem to be overlooked by many for things they can prove or things they cant even see.

People love fantasy....and this may be why so many find their 'personal truths' in other worlds, a home somewhere else, or await the day we all have super powers.

My best
LV

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ET_MAN

And no, I can not change what I did yesterday. My perspective of my actions or thoughts that I had yesterday, can change today...but that still does not change yesterday.

Our inner being seeks harmony, so I do see one thing set in stone, and that is that we will all find that spirit nature within us at some point, and see that we seek harmony amongst eachother. Only the flesh of us, our human nature, desires to hold on to the separation, the individuality.

I dont think its set in stone of how we 'reach' that awareness of what we are....but I do think we can only buck against our true inner nature of 'being' for so long. There are many paths we can take to 'reach' that awareness....but ultimately, it will become. That, is a truth for me....and I dont push that on another to understand that. If another does not have that same understanding....then where ever they are at for their own understanding is meant to be as well...so in a way, its still a truth for them where ever they are at in their own understanding.

I use things I can see and observe, to understand. I use the design of the universe...for personal understandings. I see all things working together for a higher purpose...I see inner beings of people once they let go of the 'self' image, that they seek harmony with life and ache for the world to have unity and not separation. Most of the time, when I talk with others that have let go of preconceived ideas that another man or book has told them...they come to this same understanding. I share things as my own limited understanding.

At least I admit its limited and not something that is absolute for the world....which many can not do this.

What I encourage people to do is....rid of the books and preconceived ideas of other men. Look around us 'now'...look at the things in this world that we can observe 'now'....look and study human interaction, human reactions, human desires and fears....study why would men in the past believe in what they did....find reason for why life must consume life to live....look at the cause and effects of being a individual....look at how far back man has feared death and then made some way to give himself comfort about death. Look how far back man has desired much more then the human life and offerings of this world and desired more, desired bliss, desired another world. Have we really changed that much at all? Are we doing the same thing we have always done to fill our own desires of 'what we think life should be' or what we 'dont want life to be'?

Can we really be sure of all these supernatural ideas? Can we be sure that when people have an experience that another person can not confirm for themselves that we are dealing with a absolute for the world, some great wisdom that the world can only find out about through the mouths of another man?

To me, of course what I say, I feel its a truth. But can admit, its limited, and can admit, I know its hard to discern rather or not that our understandings are not being created due to desires and fears.

I give my thoughts and give reasons for my thoughts. I also enjoy someone coming along and giving me reasons to take a deeper look at anything I have said.

I would not share my thoughts, if to me, in a deep way and through many observances, that I felt in any way, it was not a limited truth to a deeper purpose for 'being'.

From what I have experienced, we are not individuals and that being individuals is the greatest illusion here. To me, that is a very real truth and so I share it as that.

I do think there is a truth we can all find...in the design of our being and the design of the universe. To me, I have talked with too many people that seek these same ways...and discover this same knowing. But when people go by what another man has told them of or what a book has said...the understandings vary. So yes, I do think there is a truth to be found of what we are and what we are to do....which is to 'create harmony' with life. Be in balance with nature. If we all share the same Spirit of being within us....if we all hold the holy spirit....then yes, we can all eventually come to the same understandings, the gems that await us here, now, for observation.

I feel that what I understand....is something anyone can find and understand to...all on their own, without books and without another person telling them 'it is so'.

Just as my signature says....the 'word' is in life itself. But so many, see 'out there', beyond here, they desire something else then what they are here or where they are here. Some resonate with something they read because it makes them feel good as a 'separate individual'....it feeds their human nature instead of their spiritual nature. We have to learn what we are as humans, how cause and effect works in the experience of being a 'self' that seems separate from others....we have to discern between our human nature to make sure that what we place as 'truth' is not due to our own individual desires. What does the individual, human nature, fear most? To loose its individuality. And what do many believe in and always have? That we are immortal and that we go on as individuals for infinity. Can we be sure this is a fact, just because it 'resonates with them' or can it be that its only their human nature that such is resonating with them?

I think many beliefs are made on the foundation of 'what gives the person comfort'. What fills their individual wants and wishes.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Currently, in terms of "2012" I believe that there might be a magnetic pole reversal, in other words, north and south pole alternate.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Before we go on this dispute, let me state my beliefs. There is no truth. Truth is derived from right and wrong. In the whole image of life, there is no right or wrong awnser. As far as we are concerned, there are no right awnsers. An example is Zen Buddhism. A master ask strange question to the student such as, what is the sound of one hand clapping. The student meditates on this and tries to find an awnser. Once the student says there is none, the student is on its way to being enlightened. I'd also like to review my belief of evil. Evil you speak of is a synonym of bad events happening. This relates to karma. Good things happen and bad things happen. They live in unicent. In the end, there really is no good and bad, only a balance.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join