It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buckle up in your car or get a ticket, yet motorcylists don't have to wear helmets?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
It is compulsory to wear helmets in Australia ,and i would still wear one if it wasnt.The funny thing is ,when you see a rider wearings ,shorts ,singlet and thongs and helmet on a big roadie ,At least he/ she will be conscious while they pick out the pieces of road melted into their skin.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
It is compulsory to wear helmets in Australia ,and i would still wear one if it wasnt.The funny thing is ,when you see a rider wearings ,shorts ,singlet and thongs and helmet on a big roadie ,At least he/ she will be conscious while they pick out the pieces of road melted into their skin.

i agree with you safety first i pulled out of a car park pulled my front brake and the front wheel slid on gravel and i didn't have my gloves on i was picking gravel out of my hands for a day they was raw

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
We need to be role models for them.

edit on 29/5/11 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I don't think you should have to wear a helmet.I don't think you should have to wear a seat belt. I don't think the governmet should take money from me with the threat of jail time. I don't think we should send our military overseas to build sewers and schools. I don't think we should "send" tax dollars overseas. I don't think we should tell women thye can or can't have abortions, let them decide for themsleves and live with that decision. I don't think we should have nuclear weapons unless we plan to use them. I don't think we should allow companies to sell liquor like it's "cool aid", but put people in prison because they grow as few "plants: now and then. I don't think we should have political parties. I don't think veterans (like me) should have to pay for health insurance. I don't think that Federal Elected Officials should get FREE anything! I don't think we should have "open" borders. I don't think I should have to listen to people who say immigration control is "racist". I don't anyone should have to read this! Gothca!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

i agree with you
the writer of this post is just bitching because of they own stupid ways and he had got pulled bye the cops so its the governments fault and the government is out to get him its a bigger conspiracy than roswell lol

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmosKid
I don't think you should have to wear a helmet.I don't think you should have to wear a seat belt. I don't think the governmet should take money from me with the threat of jail time. I don't think we should send our military overseas to build sewers and schools. I don't think we should "send" tax dollars overseas. I don't think we should tell women thye can or can't have abortions, let them decide for themsleves and live with that decision. I don't think we should have nuclear weapons unless we plan to use them. I don't think we should allow companies to sell liquor like it's "cool aid", but put people in prison because they grow as few "plants: now and then. I don't think we should have political parties. I don't think veterans (like me) should have to pay for health insurance. I don't think that Federal Elected Officials should get FREE anything! I don't think we should have "open" borders. I don't think I should have to listen to people who say immigration control is "racist". I don't anyone should have to read this! Gothca!

ive got news for you m8 i was in the army to and i got paid you it its called a wage as for health care it should be free like hear in the uk just shows how the usa treats it own people s like crap if i was you i would move from they its the native american people i feel fore after all its they country and not yours

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I believe its due to bikers bieng a small closenit community. Whenever the state legistlature starts thinking of passing laws like this the bikers have huge rallies and lawmakers change there minds.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmosKid

Jebus! You --did-- Gotcha me, and you Gotcha me good LOL. I paused whil reading, glanced at your sidebar and thought "for a poster who has been on ATS a few years this one really stays on topic (not!). Silly rabbit! Tricks are for kids

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The reason why alot of states do not have helmet laws but have seat belt laws is due to there being lobbyist for anti-helmet legislation and not seat belts.

I think there should not be a law for either. If you want to not wear a seat belt or helmet, it's your call not mine.
Just be prepared to pay the consequences for your actions that impact others.

edit on 29-5-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
There shouldn't be a law for either.

You're an adult despite what government thinks.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I feel like safety laws are wonderful. They do nothing to harm anyone...in fact they do the opposite....this is really a non issue. Im sorry if you feel like your freedom to not wear a seatbelt is being infringed upon....catch a bus or buy a motorcycle....you dont have to drive. This sounds much like a child whining beacause another has a later bedtime. Grow up.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Yep. My girlfriend and I were driving the other night and we passed two cops that had someone pulled over. After we were down the road a bit one of those two pulled away from what they were doing and zoomed up on us (so it was obvious he was gonna pull us). I wasn't wearing my seat belt when we passed him though I of course put it on when we got pulled over. I actually usually wear it but we were making a one mile trip and were yards away from her house. Somehow while talking with someone else already in the middle of the night he noticed I wasn't wearing my seat belt and gave us a ticket. I always just assume this law is so they can pull you over to be nose. Hoping they smell pot or booze.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
I feel like safety laws are wonderful. They do nothing to harm anyone...in fact they do the opposite....this is really a non issue. Im sorry if you feel like your freedom to not wear a seatbelt is being infringed upon....catch a bus or buy a motorcycle....you dont have to drive. This sounds much like a child whining beacause another has a later bedtime. Grow up.

Yep, as long as the Govt is here to save us from ourselves then everything is just peachy keen in the world.
I mean, god forbid we as adults be left to make our own decisions.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bert666

edit on 29-5-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
You still have a choice. You can choose another mode of transportation or you can choose to not wear a seatbelt and pay the fines. Your license will not be revoked if you dont wear a seatbelt you will still have the freedom to drive. So ultimately the choice is still yours with freedom present

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The seat belt laws are just another proof America is not a free country. In my area(Central Florida) the radio has creepy big brother style commercials reminding us to click it or get a ticket.

The fact is while in most car accidents seat belt save lives and minimize injuries but there also many other crashes where the seat belt caused death or serious injuries. My cousin was t-boned by a semi on the driver's side and was not wearing a seat belt, the impact of the crash pushed him to the passenger side of his truck and he walked away, had he been wearing a seat belt he would have been trapped and crushed in the driver's seat.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bert666

Originally posted by CosmosKid

ive got news for you m8 i was in the army to and i got paid you it its called a wage as for health care it should be free like hear in the uk just shows how the usa treats it own people s like crap if i was you i would move from they its the native american people i feel fore after all its they country and not yours

So giving something (Healthcare) to someone from the Govt, by first taking something from others is equal to care?
You can keep your free health care. It is about freedom of choice.
As for free, sorry but it's not free and to suggest otherwise is ignorant. It is paid for via taxes. Nothing in life is free.
If you equate the above mentioned as the Govt "caring" for the people, I would rather have a Govt that does not care about me.
Looking to the Govt to provide breeds nothing but dependence on the Govt.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I ride a motorcycle. I gave up my car a year ago. It has been sitting in my driveway ever since I bought a motorcycle. I spend $5.00 a week on gasoline, my car cost much more. My car cost me $150.00 a month for insurance, my bike cost me $250.00 a year. Helmet laws vary from state to state, but I have been laughing at seatbelt laws. Why should I get a ticket for no seatbelt when I do not have to wear one on a motorcycle?

Facts are facts though, on a motorcycle in the event of an accident with another vehicle, I am SOL (sh** out of luck). The odds are not in my favor if I was to crash for any reason. As far as helmets, I have to ask, have you ever rode a bike and wore one? They actually can obstruct your vision and cause you to lay a bike down over something that can easily be avoided, and anyone who has had to lay a bike down can tell you..... when you do it, you are rolling the dice with your life.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

No, it is not much of a choice. If you get fined for not wearing one and the police can stop you without probable cause then you are no longer free to do what you want.

Do us true Americans a favor and move to a place like the UK and embrace the Nanny State, it is attitudes like yours that enables them to infringe on our rights with little objection.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
You still have a choice. You can choose another mode of transportation or you can choose to not wear a seatbelt and pay the fines. Your license will not be revoked if you dont wear a seatbelt you will still have the freedom to drive. So ultimately the choice is still yours with freedom present

Funny, as you suggest that a freedom to choose another form or transportation is ok and just, yet the freedom to choose not to be forced to wear a seat belt is not ok.
So as the freedoms of choice are slowly eroded, the answer is always choose something else?
You logic is anything but.
Again, as long as the Govt is here to protect us from ourselves, all is good in the world.
I cant wait till the Govt steps in and says you can't use your cell while driving. Oh wait, they are in the midst of this.
How about not eating, or control over when you can adjust your radio?
Or how about applying make-up while driving?

Again, rally behind the idea that the Govt is here to save us bandwagon.
You can keep it and allow others to choose for you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join