It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High levels of radioactive Cesium detected on seafloor samples of Miyagi and Ibaraki

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Source:www3.nhk.or.jp...

They have detected extraordinarily high levels of radioactive Cesium off the seafloor. And radiation monitoring should be stepped up. The super typhoon is on its way as well.... The next few days are going to be hell.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Also of worth to check out:

www3.nhk.or.jp...

They are preparing for heavy rain water, and flooding. If any flooding does happen they will have to stop all operations except for patrolling. Thats means the fuels rods will be uncontrolled.

I fear the worst.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
What if the typhoon displaces the radioactive water and spreads it across japan, or other countries? Even more contamination?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
why is it that most of these threads are made so late @ night? damn time zones.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Me Grimlock say you full of cesium salami.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RenegadeScholar

that is the biggest issue. should the storm make it to the right area, radioactive isotopes are going to be spread. the contamination zone will be much larger. i'm afraid that birth defects will appear.

it breaks my heart for people to be born into such damaged shells. they have no choice in the matter.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by RenegadeScholar
What if the typhoon displaces the radioactive water and spreads it across japan, or other countries? Even more contamination?
I suppose a bit could reach other countries, but I the biggest risk is to Japan. It could make the zone inside 20km even worse, and it could cause more areas outside the 20 km some to become more contaminated.

Japan is planning to build some tents but they aren't up yet AFAIK and without them, there's not much to stop a storm from spreading contaminated water, that I think is sitting in ditches.

There's probably a lot of contamination in the ocean and it might stir that up and spread it around as well.

They'll need to make a new fallout map after the storm passes, to see how much more radiation spread.

new topics

top topics

join