It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus Was Married.........

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
wouldn't that make him more so, just a man? And if indeed, Jesus had children, wouldn't he be considered more of a man, than the son of God, because he creates a child through sexual interaction?
If Jesus, the son of God, resorts to these two common acts among humans, wouldn't he be, just another human?

[edit on 4-8-2004 by MKugs]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
And, if I were taller, wouldn't that make me not as short as I am? I don't get your post. Jesus was not married, so why pose the question.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcgolf
And, if I were taller, wouldn't that make me not as short as I am? I don't get your post. Jesus was not married, so why pose the question.

I was just watching the 20/20 special on "The da Vinci Code." And they discussed Jesus being married to Mary Magdalen. And I pose the question that why would a divine saint, or son of God, initiate in a common act such as marriage?

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
its all fake crap dont believe that @$#% jesus was not married

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
If you believe the bible is the word of God then Jesus is God, we are all literally children of God. God can not marry or have sex with one of his children for obvious reasons.

I am a Christian and I don�t believe that Jesus would sin against his own word by having sex with one of his children.

1 John 3:1
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!

bible.gospelcom.net...

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Gov
its all fake crap dont believe that @$#% jesus was not married
Even if it is, and even if their is no proof, there still is a theory, and some information that leads to these hypothesis.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Actually if you people know anything about history you should know that Jesus HAD to have been married. Jesus was a Rabbi, and a Rabbi cannot become such unless he is married so the only conclusion to draw from this is that he was married. If you dont believe me just do the research for yourself!

PS- The reason many of these womens roles were played down in the Bible is because it was written by MEN, and then during the King James version an even more MANLY stance was put into the words. If you people believe that book word for word, without doing your research, then that is truely sad!

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
Actually if you people know anything about history you should know that Jesus HAD to have been married. Jesus was a Rabbi, and a Rabbi cannot become such unless he is married so the only conclusion to draw from this is that he was married. If you dont believe me just do the research for yourself!

PS- The reason many of these womens roles were played down in the Bible is because it was written by MEN, and then during the King James version an even more MANLY stance was put into the words. If you people believe that book word for word, without doing your research, then that is truely sad!

Finally, a fact reader, not a fictitious reader.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Actually if you people know anything about history you should know that Jesus HAD to have been married. Jesus was a Rabbi,

lol...wow you need to brush up on history...

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Very true. There is speculation that Jesus was married to Mary Magdelena based on some of the ancient texts unearthed in Egypt, which has Peter feeling jealousy over Mary's relationship to Jesus, while another claims he often kissed her. Yet another of diffeent origin, records him as being married to Miriam. Not an entirely ludicrous idea considering the above statment by Jazzerman is correct, but also because Christ's whereabouts for 19 years goes without mention in the New Testament.

Somewhat.

(I've not made multiple quotes in here before, I hope they show correctly.)

[edit on 8/4/04 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
If the Bible is to be believed Jesus would really be alot like a Hybrid of a women and of God. He would not only be a being like a angel created by God alone a human women had a part in it too.

Even if Jesus was married would it really take away from his message. He was part human why should he have to deny that part of hemself.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a really good book on this subject is holy blood holy grail, by baigent, leigh, and lincoln. it's been a while so the memory is a little hazy, but they make some really good points. one of them being he story where jesus turns water into wine was actually his own wedding. i forget the details, but apparently it's the grooms responsibility to supply the wine so that's why he did it. i dunno, good read though for anyone interested.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I believe, after reading about Jesus, that he was a human man like the rest of us. I believe that he was married and had a wife and kids. I read the Da Vinci Code, and it is very convincing.

I think the bloodline of Jesus is the Merovingian one. That's what I have read.

He was a man, but he was a spiritually powerful man, one that upheld beliefs of love for one's human brothers and sisters.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
how does having sex and fathering a child make him less godlike? i woudln't be all suprised if he did father a child. jest because he was the son of god dosn't nessicarely mean he didn't have human qualities. i believe that god is all things including human. one things for sure though, i bet he was amazing to be with in bed.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MKugs - I was just watching the 20/20 special on "The da Vinci Code." And they discussed Jesus being married to Mary Magdalen. And I pose the question that why would a divine saint, or son of God, initiate in a common act such as marriage?

See? That's the problem with The da Vinci Code. It's soooooooo full of
garbage and everyone is reading it. go to www.davinihoax.com...

Jesus wasn't married. Period. He came into this world on a mission. He
knew the mission. He knew what it would be. He knew when he'd die.
His entire life was dedicated to saving mankind and toward the spiritual.
He didn't have time for a wife and kids. Although having a family and children is a sanctifying and spiritual state for some, that wasn't what he was here for. That would have detracted from his spiritual mission.

The Davinci Code was written by a couple of anti-Catholic Bob Jones
College graduates. That should tell you something about the purpose
of the book and it's propaganda that has been disquised as 'fact' and
entertainment.

[edit on 8/5/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mutehalo
how does having sex and fathering a child make him less godlike?

Again any woman of this earth is the daughter of god, in other words Jesus� daughter. The bible says not to have incest. Jesus would not sin against his own word.

Deuteronomy 27

22 "Cursed is the man who sleeps with his sister, the daughter of his father or the daughter of his mother."
Then all the people shall say, "Amen!"

bible.gospelcom.net...

Leviticus 18

6 " 'No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations. I am the LORD .

bible.gospelcom.net...:6-18

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MKugs
I was just watching the 20/20 special on "The da Vinci Code." And they discussed Jesus being married to Mary Magdalen. And I pose the question that why would a divine saint, or son of God, initiate in a common act such as marriage?

ummm..... I might be wrong....but I believe the Jewish religion taught that it was commanded by God....."Be Fruitful and Multiply". They took it seriously enough that Men were take another mate if their wife was still childless after a certain amount of time, and it was reasonable grounds for divorce.
so, his society would have kind of dictated that he marry.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

lol...wow you need to brush up on history...

That is quite funny considering that I am an Historian.

Here is a quote from a website listed below:

"One of the Old Testament and Talmudic laws required every Rabbi to be married. It was not until the 20th century that this law was changed (generally among the Reformed and Conservative Jews); however, there are no unmarried Rabbis today among the Orthodox Jews. Marriage was one of the first commandments; therefore, a Rabbi was called to be an example, and to gain that experience before he could properly counsel and teach others concerning this commandment."

www.nccg.org...

I dont know why this question should even be an issue. Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi, and therefore had to obey the laws just like everyone else. JESUS WAS MARRIED....Period.

For those that dont think so just do the research...you will quickly change your minds.

PS- I haven't read "The Da Vinci Code", but I have heard its a great read

[edit on 5-8-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
if not marry he was at least intimate with mary magelande. . . just read the nag hammadi or gnosis texts . . . its the bible that the church didn't want you to read!

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   

PS- I haven't read "The Da Vinci Code", but I have heard its a great read

Again - www.davincihoax.com...

I think everyone here is missing the spiritual aspect of this. Christ knew
why he was here. Marriage and kids would have detracted from his
mission. He devoted his entire life to ... his death. I'm sure I can't change
any minds. Just pray about it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join