It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dream within a dream message

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This morning I was dreaming that I was someone dreaming. The me in the dream woke up remembering a message from their dream. I woke up right after that and sort of remembered the message. I laid in bed for a while to remember as much as I could. My sense though was that it was interpreted each time so what I got was a poor reflection of the original.

The message I ended up with was "I will be the blue violet rhythm of the purple sage". Yea I know it don't make much sense. I'm trying to see if I can get any more out of it. I don't expect much, maybe some personal insight, maybe remember some of the message from the dream within a dream, but any thoughts would be appreciated.

I only remember a couple of things from the dream within a dream massage. My impression was that it was more symbolic and I clearly remember an "a: and a "b" like you would see in a mathematical formula.

Some other impressions from the garbled message I got:

Blue violet and purple are kind of the same color, expressed differently. One thing I am is an artist so colors are important to me.

The word rhythm seems out of place with the colors. The memory I got was a book "Rhythms of Visions" that I read back in the late 70's early 80's. From what I remember it was a mix of an early look at fractals, some math and geometry, with a health dose of mysticism thrown in.

I don't know if sage refer to a plant or a wise man, or a little of both.

Thanks for any thoughts you might have.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by villagesmithie

Sounds like a very interesting metaphor you dreamed. Purple sage really does exist and sage is the herb used by Native Americans for smudging and purifying to keep away bad influences in the old ways of their customs. That is what springs to mind as the main symbolism of sage. That you are a flower in that, as the violets colour is the same colour scheme as the sage, perhaps means that your soul is very wholesome and in the protection of the holy herb of the Native Americans?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Sounds almost like it's connected to the indigo awakening.

Very interesting

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

"I will be the blue violet rhythm of the purple sage"

It is actually quite comforting as just words. I can verify that the Purple Sage begins to bloom mostly at the same time around August/Sept (in the minds reference we just say Fall since there is never an exact month).

The blue violet color can be the Crown Chakra. The Indigo bush of the Desert Southwest is going into bloom right now and it's blooms are as comforting to me as the Purple Sage is in the Fall.

Purple is known as a Healing color, and also known as the color of Royalty.

The "rhythm" may be that something "happens all at once", just as the Purple Sage performs in Nature.

That is about all I can think of for now.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
well sorry i didn't really read any of that, but ive had dreams where i was dreaming, i wake up in a dream etc.
it doesnt mean anything, dreams are random nonsense. 6 billion people have weird dreams every night, what make's you so special?

edit on 28-5-2011 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I just picked up another Thread and there is a reference from a "seer" or "prophet" in Germany. Here is the quote that caught my eyes!

The date is the date that the vision was written down.

April 21, 1973: It's like something explodes in the air, the lightning bolt! And it's very hot! It's very warm! Like it's burning! And now the sky is very white! Colors, blues, violets! It's a very terrible explosion. Now this voice, the voice! And the voice, says Mary, is a voice within you: Your warning before the punishment! Lightning, fire, and the inner voice. The last warning before the punishment.

Here is that thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
From what I can find I am seeing that blue-violet is the color that represents the third eye chakra also known as the pineal gland. Oddly enough it is speculated this gland is responsible for dreaming. Also I see that according to a few websites here is a couple

heavenandearthjewelry.com...=metaproperties/~product_id=purpleSageAgateAr

paranormalandpsychicphenomena.com...

Purple Sage Agate is related to the Crown chakra just above the third eye. Maybe you are awakening your chakras =)
Just a thought.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

I also read some of the salvia genus are refereed to as purple sage. I need to do some more reading on that.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

I hadn't thought of the colors in connection with Chakra's. Thanks for that. The healing fits also.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I had a dream within a dream a last night. In the dream I had slapped a head off a zombie and was trying to punt it over a fence. I couldn't get over the fence but one of my friends was able too. He ended up breaking a window though and we had to scurry off. When I woke up in the dream I was telling another one of my friend's about this and he was very amused. I quickly got away from him because he wouldn't stop laughing. I ended up in a store I used to work in and was talking to some dude I never met. He just kept telling me the initials R.A. over and over again. I can't think of anyone I know with those initials but it's something that stuck with me when I woke up. Hope to figure it out one day.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

It's pretty impressive that you were able to recall the message in those circumstances (messages overlap as you dream over and over, the confusion of a dream within a dream, and other things). You probably have some serious talent for dreaming and recalling dreams. Purple can be a very peaceful color, very solid. A decently meaningful message, you may want to use it as a mantra of sorts or just remember it at times, throughout the day for some time.

I had something very similar to this where I was dreaming within a dream. I knew I was dreaming but it wasn't much for visuals, so I let my subconcious basically make a song. Then when I awoke, I spoke the song lines into my voice recorder before I forgot everything. Then... I woke up. I was still dreaming when I thought I was recording my dream. By the time I truly woke up, I totally forgot the song.

I would suggest you take up dream journalling in some way, at least develop your dream recall and see what it leads to.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

I really don't know what to say.

well sorry i didn't really read any of that

Why comment?

it doesnt mean anything, dreams are random nonsense

I and other's gain insight and inspiration from dreams all the time.

what make's you so special?

If you had read my post you might realize how off base that comment is. I'm not claiming to be anything special, just looking for a little insight into a dream that was interesting to me.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dmac359

The first person I ran into today I mentioned the dream to. She said "that's seriously freaky I woke to a dream within a dream today too"

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

it doesnt mean anything, dreams are random nonsense. 6 billion people have weird dreams every night, what make's you so special?

Hmmm! Well I don't think Jacob, Joseph, Daniel or even Pharaoh, Nebuchadnezzar or Pilates wife would have agreed with you on that!

Bless!
edit on 28-5-2011 by Revolution9 because: forgot to include some info!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Do her initials happen to be R.A.? hah

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Novise

Thanks for your comments. I've been interested in dreams for many years. I'm a very visual person so my "journalling" takes more the form of works of art rather then writing. My goal in art is to touch those concept and stimulate peoples experience of dreams and archetypes to, theoretically, create a more powerful piece.

I have done a lot of lucid dreaming in the past but I don't chose that path. I may start a thread on my reasons for that someday. I've also had some prophetic dreams. Nothing big like predicting earthquakes or something just personal things, that let me know there's more to explore in that direction.

The dream within a dream concept is fascinating to me. It seems to suggest a deep level of dreaming. As in this dream the "message" seemed more abstract the language seems another step removed from everyday experience. Maybe a more primal form of communication?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I think you take a very good and realistic approach to using your dreams with your art. There is no need to focus on lucid dreaming or assume that is the implied path. Non-lucid dreams are very interesting in their own right, especially when backed up by strong recall (you can learn a lot about yourself with them and they are spontaneous stories). And even lucid dreams cannot exist without a non-lucid start setting the stage, or at least some subconcious, spontaneous activity being involved.

That "place" where you were, a dream within a dream. I think it can have a very creative power. It's like a layer of self-judgement, and mental clutter has been removed in these. Now I'm not saying your dreaming body is literally dreaming, only that at times in a dream within a dream, you are less aware and less in touch with your waking mind - at the least it's just the state your mind is in when it is prone to false awakenings. This is one reason why it is more difficult to recall specifics of these dreams, and they are even more abstract.

In essence you have begun to touch on a very powerful creative method. But don't be discouraged if it's difficult to re-create, because it is a challenge.

Do you work on your art right after you wake up or do you take mental note of the dream and do the art later?

join