It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

huge dead zone of water in gulf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
check out this frightening article from cnn describing a huge "dead zone" of water in the gulf. it appears to be an annual event caused by man's pollution and could be a warning sign.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Yup it's true, these "dead zones" are increasing, and very rapidly as well. Some Scientist's assert that the reason for the increasing acidity of the Seas and Oceans of the World is that they have in affect soaked up at least half of all CO2 we've spewed into the atmosphere, and that is having a drastic affect on indigenous sea life. What will happen to the O2 production, will we be forced to start buying 'bottled clean air' like we buy bottled watter(which was also laughed at when Green Peace predicted it in the 70s, well look where we are now 1.50 for a bottle of Spring/Distilled Water at every corner store and vending machines too.....)

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
the only thing is though is that if you look into it, alot of the bottled water is really only tap water that has maybe a little more filtering done to it....its mainly a money making scheme playing off of peoples fears

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by spangbr
the only thing is though is that if you look into it, alot of the bottled water is really only tap water that has maybe a little more filtering done to it....

I don't know who you buy your water from but in Canada most of the water comes from natural springs.

its mainly a money making scheme playing off of peoples fears

Are you saying all of the Scientists involved have been bought off buy the Water Companies and are lying about their reasearch?? Highly doubtfull.....

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Yeah you can buy 'refined water' in bottles, but most bottled water comes from natural springs. However I have a home filtering thing so I don't usually buy it. Go me.

[edit on 5-8-2004 by darkcreation]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
spangbr

the only thing is though is that if you look into it, alot of the bottled water is really only tap water that has maybe a little more filtering done to it....its mainly a money making scheme playing off of peoples fears

You really nailed that one. I used to work in a grocery store, and are (all natural spring water) came from the sink in the fish dept. We just had a hose hooked up from sink that led to the machine. .89 a gallon, what a joke

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkcreation
Yeah you can buy 'refined water' in bottles, but most bottled water comes from natural springs. However I have a home filtering thing so I don't usually buy it. Go me.

[edit on 5-8-2004 by darkcreation]

You should be carefull with those filters man. Make sure they filter out Tritium. If you're wondering they are a byproduct from Nuke Plants and noone knows how safe it is to injest the stuff or how much is safe either. It's put me off from drinking any tap water, filtered or not. But then again I live next to the Don River and Lake Ontario, so I got good reason to be skeptical about my local water source.

MBF

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Does anybody have any pictures of this water being bottled directly from these "natural springs".

Wake up people, this is just tap water without the chlorine.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
All depends on where the tap is. I'd take mt tap water over most other water, filtered or not!!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Spring/Distilled/Drinking water is only .53 cents a gallon bottled at the Wal-Mart I work at and those come in boxes of 3 on huge pallets from the trucks. The warehouse gets them from the springs wherever that may be.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MBF
Does anybody have any pictures of this water being bottled directly from these "natural springs".

Wake up people, this is just tap water without the chlorine.

No I do not have any photos but I have been to Guelph where they do bottle the spring water and it's pure 100 % spring water trust me. BTW Canada has the single biggest reserve of fresh spring water in the world FYI.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
HAhaha!!! You unlucky people. I drink only tapwater here in Aruba, because the quality of the tapwater is better than all other tapwaters in the world and most if not all bottled water...

Whenever you come here to visit, don't buy any bottled water... Unless you're going on a daytrip in the wildernis. Then you buy AWA bottled water. It's the best bottled tap water in the world...

MBF

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

No I do not have any photos but I have been to Guelph where they do bottle the spring water and it's pure 100 % spring water trust me.

I'm glad to hear that some of this spring water is actually spring water. There are too many crooks out there that will bottle anything and call it spring water.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MBF

Originally posted by sardion2000

No I do not have any photos but I have been to Guelph where they do bottle the spring water and it's pure 100 % spring water trust me.

I'm glad to hear that some of this spring water is actually spring water. There are too many crooks out there that will bottle anything and call it spring water.

Yup I know that fer a fact. Sobeys does it, I found out from my buddy who worked their. Plus he said the filters were only change like once a year....

EDIT: And I can also taste the differance as well, spring water is just all around better tasting than the local tap water(filtered or straight from that tap)

[edit on 6-8-2004 by sardion2000]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by spangbr

Um.. where exactly are you getting -your- tap water? Here in San Bernardino County, California the water is opaque white, and if you hold it to the light right after pouring, you can actually see chlorine "smoking" from the top of the glass! It fizzes like old carbonated water and it simply isn't drinkable. You never notice it day to day, but if you do pay attention, you realize that a lot of people don't even drink water anymore. I stopped drinking soda recently and suddenly realized that. I've been buying a gallon of arrowhead water every day. Only 2 bucks... not a bad deal for THE MOST ABUNDANT RESOURCE ON THE PLANET! It ticks me off.

But no, we're not gonna buy clean air, but only because it's not easily packaged. I suspect in the relatively near future we'll see a trend of over-pressuring large buildings and providing them with purified air though.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
you dont have to look very far to realize alot of the bottled water is just tap water with a little more filtering. here are some references:

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

One of the suburbs here in Milwaukee sells its municipal water to a bottled water company.

new topics

top topics

join