It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Mossad Agent Using Canadian Passport?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Authorities in Canada are investigating Zev William Barkan, a suspected Israeli spy, for using a Canadien passport when traveling in Asia. This comes after New Zealand imposed sanctions on Israel after an illegal passport scam. Canada has filed formal protests in this matter. Israel has responded that their agents would not use Canadien passports again. (img:CTV)

www.ctv.ca
Officials at Foreign Affairs are investigating reports that a suspected Israeli spy is travelling in Asia on a stolen Canadian passport.

Zev William Barkan was reportedly last seen in Pyongyang, North Korea, after travelling there from Beijing. He is allegedly using a stolen Canadian passport issued under the name Kevin William Hunter.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Two suspected agents are appealing convictions in New Zealand and deny being agents of Mossad.

Related News Links:
www.cbc.ca

[edit on 8-5-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Israel has neither confirmed nor denied the men were Mossad operatives

The Canadian Foreign Ministry investigation into why Canadian passports has been used to gain entry into New Zealand begun immediately after Kelman's testimony to police last April, in which he admitted to entering the country using the Canadian passport in 1999
(Jerusalem Post: Canada now involved in New Zealand passport fiasco )

Kelman is dual Canadian-Israeli national and used his own passport in 1999 to enter New Zealand. During his last visit to New Zealand, he entered the country using his Israeli passport.

Uriel Kelman and fellow Israeli Elisha Cara were imprisoned for six months end of July for attempting to fraudulently obtain a New Zealand passport.

Zeev William Barkan, 37, fled New Zealand before he could be arrested.
Barkan is ex-diplomat. He served from 1996 to 2001 as an Israeli diplomat in Vienna / Austria and before that in Brussel / Belgium.

The use of Canadian passports by Mossad agents came to light in 1997, following a failed attempt to assassinate Hamas leader Khaled Meshal in Jordan. Canada called back its ambassador to Israel. Israel then promised it would cease using Canadian passports.

[edit on 7-8-2004 by Riwka]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Yeah, not sure where the report is if I find it sure ill post the link, but I think its down the memory hole [/

Bottom line was NZ catches 2 mossad guys trying to get in the contry on false NZ passports. New Zealand got a bit miffed, and demanded an apology. Of couse that practically anti-semitism.. ppff... the cheek demanding an apology... all just hate....

Kidding!

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   
See here: Mossad Agents Arrested in New Zealand

Originally posted by Corinthas

Of couse that practically anti-semitism...

Just hours after the two were imprisoned, swastikas and Nazi slogans (words like 'Sieg Heil' , which was a common Nazi salutation) were found gouged around graves in the Jewish section of a cemetery in Wellington / New Zealand that dates to the 1880s, 16 Jewish graves were vandalized, headstones smashed, some of them 100 years old. (Maariv)

One day they hate Israel and the next day, they hate the Jews

Rebekka

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
It still shocks me when people feign surprise that intelligence agencies use fake passports.

It also shocks me how certain members of this forum are constantly shouting about how Mossad is taking over the world, and how they're so devious and evil and tricky, yet every time a person who has ever lived in Israel gets arrested immediately it's "He's Mossad".

Make up your damn minds please. Either they're devious tricky spooks or they're bumbling idiots who get arrested on a weekly basis. Can't have em both.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
, yet every time a person who has ever lived in Israel gets arrested immediately it's "He's Mossad".

Djarums, why would a Mossad be arrested within Israel.

Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
They have been pleaded guilty as members of an organised crime group, but they won�t be prosecuted as spies

There is no forcible argument they are Mossad agents

[edit on 5-8-2004 by Riwka]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Sanc, I meant a person born in Israel who gets arrested anywhere. It is a well known fact that anytime someone from Israel gets in trouble outside of Israel people immediately claim the person is working for Mossad and is spying. Apparently stupid people believe all Israelis work for Mossad. They must have one hell of a benefits plan.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
It also shocks me how certain members of this forum are constantly shouting about how Mossad is taking over the world, and how they're so devious and evil and tricky, yet every time a person who has ever lived in Israel gets arrested immediately it's "He's Mossad".

Make up your damn minds please. Either they're devious tricky spooks or they're bumbling idiots who get arrested on a weekly basis. Can't have em both.

Excuse me but you ever dealt with the Mossad personally or know people who work for the Mossad? Ever read papers from foreign intelligences about the Mossad?

Those guys are so....I have no words. You need to know them to get it. I fear them.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Actually I've dealt with representatives of their organization on numerous occasions at events here in NYC when dignitaries from Israel have participated. They have their Shin Bet secret service reps guarding them and additional resources spread out in the crowd usually to watch what's going on. Honestly, if you had as many people disliking you as they do you'd do the same.

If you believe that they are as effective and smart as you seem to be indicating then you would understand my laughing at this situation. A group of people who is so good at what they do... and yet oops! lets all get caught for fake passports. Or a variety of other things ignorant people think are them.

Give me a break. Get to know one and you'll understand why these constant "That guy is Mossad" is so funny.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You told the difference by posting your experience. The Mossad IS NOT COMPARABLE to the Shin Bet. By nature - their restrictions, personal and aims are completly different. Don't have a laugh about people that you never met, Shin Bet isn't of interest.

But in one thing you are correct, not every Israeli that has been catched somewhere is a secret Mossad agent. Actually nowadays the Mossad doesn't give out passports that will ever be idented as fake.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by shoo
The Mossad IS NOT COMPARABLE to the Shin Bet. By nature - their restrictions, personal and aims are completly different.

Of course Mossad is comparable to Shabak. Both operate global.
Shabak, Israel�s internal counterespionage and counterterrorist agency, also handles overall security for El Al and Israels installations abroad.

Agents of intelligence services regularly use foreign passports to mask their identities.

During his last visit to New Zealand, Uriel Kelman entered New Zealand using his Israeli passport. Uriel Kelman worked with YTS Systems between 1999 and 2002.

YTS Systems (based in Tel Aviv), is involved in anti-terrorism work and provides high-tech surveillance systems. It has fitted out a number of embassies worldwide.

Before his arrest, Kelman told acquaintances he was in a similar line of work.

Rebekka

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka
Of course Mossad is comparable to Shabak. Both operate global.
Shabak, Israel�s internal counterespionage and counterterrorist agency, also handles overall security for El Al and Israels installations abroad.

The Mossad is the complete difference to counterterrorism and counterespionage that the Shabak is doing.
I don't know how somebody could just compare two opposite things!

The tough operations done be Shabak were basically lead by IDF units. Shabak just had some ideas while Mossad has their own units and works on a different field.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   

The Mossad is the complete difference to counterterrorism and counterespionage that the Shabak is doing.
I don't know how somebody could just compare two opposite things!

Well, I think you do not know many Israelis.

Mossad and Shabak are not at all opposite things.

Think for example back back to November 2002, when an explosives-laden jeep was detonated near an Israeli-owned hotel in Kenya and missiles were fired against an Arkia aircraft.

Radical Islamic terrorism, the threat of El Qaeda against Israel and Jewish targets has become a challenge which dwarfs the capabilities and resources of the intelligence agencies.
Priorities of both, Mossad and Shabak against international terrorism had to be reorganized.

But I think this gets offtopic now.

Rebekka

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Well, I think you do not know many Israelis.

I don't know a lot of people that are born in Israel, live in Germany or somewhere else now but I DO know a lot of people who live and work in and for Israel and I consider myself quite informed about that topic
by work and by friends.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   

but I DO know a lot of people who live and work in and for Israel

That is absolut not the same. But it is not important that you think Mossad and Shabak are two opposite things. What matters, is what they really do.

Back to the topic:

Zev William Barkan entered New Zealand on an American passport.

Barkan is suspected of getting a Canadian passport forged in China, where he escaped after leaving New Zealand.

Israel has neither confirmed nor denied the men were Mossad operatives.

But if the suspicions turn out to be true, Israel will have violated a pledge never to use a Canadian passport in connection with Israeli intelligence work.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   

That is absolut not the same.

What I wonder is how long it takes till you realize that friends of mine and people I know are active and ex Mossad employees.
By saying "working for Israel" I surely didn't talk about a young pal working in a corner shop.

by the way, you get your info through websites only? Or you know employees there?

[edit on 6-8-2004 by shoo]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   

That is absolut not the same.

What I wonder is how long it takes till you realize that friends of mine and people I know are active and ex Mossad employees.
By saying "working for Israel" I surely didn't talk about a young pal working in a corner shop.

by the way, you get your info through websites only? Or you know employees there?

[edit on 6-8-2004 by shoo]

From what i understand of secret service agents is that the don't go around telling their friends that they are secret agents. Know ing that buddies are EX-secret service is another thing.

Ok you say Mossad employees but that could be the cleaning lady or the receptionist

[edit on 6/8/2004 by Corinthas]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Depends on the relationship and if friendship and work comes together. If your friend is a secret service agent he won't ever tell you but if you work and spent free time together you get to know each other.
But this depends on the secret service they/you are working for and sometimes the position is important as well.

E.g the SS has the title "Special Agent" on business cards while others do not allow their agents to have some. They all differ in in those aspects.

Yea, the cleaning lady, that's the one I know

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Shoo, �through websites only� you could easily find out, that Mossad and Shabak � also known as GSS - (not that Nazi- �SS� you wrote in your posting!!!) are comparable.

You could also simlpy read the Israeli newspapers.

Btw: agents working as claening ladies are looking for information on working desks, telephone books and waste paper baskets, how to find several ways in an out of a building and several rooms, how electricity / internet / telephone and security works and much much more.

Yes..... this is different to "Special Agent Mulder" business cards

Rebekka

top topics

<<   2 >>

join