Adam Kokesh Body Slammed for Dancing at Jefferson Memorial

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by origamiandurbanism
Wow, what the hell did I just see in that video? Was that real? It looked so strange, it seemed fake. Like it was staged. I can't believe that was real, wow. They just body slammed that guy, wtf...

That is seriously one of the weirdest and most F'ed up videos I've seen on here and that's saying something!

I hope those cops get sued.

I think it was staged. Adam has always been creating things. I knew the guy as an IVAW member a few years ago. There was a lot of chatter behind his back about what he did. No one ever said anything to his face though. I remember this event where he claimed he had been assaulted by an FBI agent. Maybe it is just me, but I don't see an assault in this video. Anybody? Adam wasn't hit, punched, bit, kicked, or choked...so, is it just me? My friend watched the video and pointed out how the agent leans over to him like he is whispering something to him...I don't know. Your take?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

Absolutely disgusting. I urge residents of those counties to report those officers to whomever it's necessary - chief of police, senator, whatever. I don't know why those guys still have jobs. That's clearly assault and harassment!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
www.cadc.uscourts.gov...$file/10-5078-1308285.pdf

This refers to a similar accident. Read it all and dispare.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

STAR AND FLAG for you sir! great post!

This video shows exactly the mentality of law enforcement officers, it is plain to see that they are taught to violate citizens rights no matter what the situation. Arrested for using your right to free expression at a memorial dedicated to freedom and expression. MAKE NO MISTAKE we are living in a police state. Fascist, nazi, cops, it is what the establishment wants.

I would seriously look into making a class act law suit against these gestapo morons. This is a clear violation of their rights, brutality against a non-threatening by-stander, and the cop was obviously stumped when he couldn't tell those people what law he had broken. This is an injustice in a very profane context.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
Well, I am glad to see that not everyone is so gullible. These 'demonstrators' are morons. They intentionally go out and provoke and escalate and then edit the video to (like you said) get this reaction.

Goes to show you what the average level of intelligence is. Lately, it's been going down here on ATS.

THINK. Those of you falling for this are the same ones fond of words such as 'sheeple'....um, *cough* "baaaaaaa"

One thing I find entertaining about ATS is how so many are willing to proclaim that the mainstream media is manipulative and unreliable... but at the same time, demonstrators like Adam Kokesh or these absurd alternative news sites can have our complete trust, because they are martyrs for freedom and wouldn't mislead anyone.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Bloody hell that's ridiculous. Jefferson, a founding cornerstone of the USA, would be appalled! This is what has become of his 'Empire of Liberty'.

Love the Men Without Hats song by the way.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by expo15

Excactly. These groups are just as dangerous. They intentionally feed off of fear and the same herd mentality that the MSM depends on. The FACT that so many fail to see the irony in this is actually rather scary.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by saiconoclast
Bloody hell that's ridiculous. Jefferson, a founding cornerstone of the USA, would be appalled! This is what has become of his 'Empire of Liberty'.

Love the Men Without Hats song by the way.

You're right. Jefferson WOULD have been appalled. He would have told those inmature jerks making a mockery of the justice system that he helped create to grow up and get out of his building.

They were NOT there to demonstrate for freedom of speech. It was a choreographed, staged set-up in an attempt to frame the officers and get just the reaction that the mindless here on ATS are demonstrating.

It is meant to fuel anger and hatred in order to tear our society even further apart. It is NOT what our country is about and it is NOT what our founding fathers would EVER support.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
You're right. Jefferson WOULD have been appalled. He would have told those inmature jerks making a mockery of the justice system that he helped create to grow up and get out of his building.

They were NOT there to demonstrate for freedom of speech. It was a choreographed, staged set-up in an attempt to frame the officers and get just the reaction that the mindless here on ATS are demonstrating.

It is meant to fuel anger and hatred in order to tear our society even further apart. It is NOT what our country is about and it is NOT what our founding fathers would EVER support.

No matter what Adam Kokesh or the others were doing, the police were not within their rights to assault like they did. I don't know whether it was choreographed or the like, but you can't lump demonstrators or protesters into some category that says that their simple being there, refusing to take pedantic orders from a jumped up little-Hitler results in a person being slammed onto the floor like that.

What crime did they commit? Not jumping through hoops for a power-crazed glorified doorman. Not good enough, I'm afraid.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Looks fake, I thought it looked fake in the first few seconds because of the first policeman's expressions of laughter.

Doesn't seem too professional.

However if it is real, those police should be shot in the face.

Ridiculous.
edit on 2/6/11 by Concept X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by saiconoclast
No matter what Adam Kokesh or the others were doing, the police were not within their rights to assault like they did. I don't know whether it was choreographed or the like, but you can't lump demonstrators or protesters into some category that says that their simple being there, refusing to take pedantic orders from a jumped up little-Hitler results in a person being slammed onto the floor like that.

What crime did they commit? Not jumping through hoops for a power-crazed glorified doorman. Not good enough, I'm afraid.

Does any one ever bother to read the real facts?

Apparently not - - - the drama and accusations are so much more fun.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
i was watching this thread since it started, but i still dont see the problem.
some douche bags acting like douche bags, guy with a badge makes sure he has a bad day, isn't that a good thing?
if you visit memorial's, and you think its a good place to 'make out' or have a dance, then i wouldn't mind seeing you get body slammed, i'd prefer a tazer and a baton but hey...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
i was watching this thread since it started, but i still dont see the problem.
some douche bags acting like douche bags, guy with a badge makes sure he has a bad day, isn't that a good thing?

if you visit memorial's, and you think its a good place to 'make out' or have a dance, then i wouldn't mind seeing you get body slammed, i'd prefer a tazer and a baton but hey...

It is illegal to dance at the memorial. Many people feel a memorial should be a place of quiet reflection.

This law against dancing was challenged in court - - and lost. The dancers are protesting the loss of the appeal.

If you allow one person to dance - - how are you going to restrict the type of dancing. Soon you may have boom boxes - and street dancers. Sorry for the stereotyping - - but that might lead to graffiti and other mischief.

Some posters are saying "It was just a little dance - hardly noticeable. What next? No one is thinking ahead to What Next.

It was a planned event - - so was the resisting arrest - - and the video was edited to show what the protesters want you to see.

No one got body slammed. The police enforced the law - - that is their job.

The hysterical drama on this thread is ridiculous.

Yeah - - if they do it again - - bring the Tasers. Making we can make a light show.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
@previous 2 posters.

I am sorry,but still your comments put my inside on fire.
I think that I don't care any more if there is a law. Its silent dancing??

Everybody is entitled to reflect on their way at the Jefferson memorial. (Dancing could be one of them)
Law and order my ass.

But I have to accept that both previous posters, like living in a system of controls and useless laws to restrain your movements

As our enemies have found we can reason like men, so now let us show them we can fight like men also. Thomas Jefferson Read more: www.brainyquote.com...

For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security. Thomas Jefferson Read more: www.brainyquote.com...

I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. Thomas Jefferson Read more: www.brainyquote.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Well tomorrow is the big day. And I hope it is huge!
Dance party @ TJ's!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Well tomorrow is the big day. And I hope it is huge!
Dance party @ TJ's!!!!!!

Don't forget to bring your headphone's its a silent dance rave party. (someone take the Mitsubishi's:puz

If someone is going. Bring a laptop and live stream the event?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by expo15

Yes and I believe a police officer's ability to get physical with you should be way more limited than it is. This is called passive resistance, or noncompliance, Gandhi is most famous for these as well and as a result freed an entire nation from tyranny, given that the code or statute is UnConstitutional it should not be followed and the police should not be allowed to enforce it. Codes and statutes mean jack in common law and constitutional law, and if you know your rights you may be illegally arrested but if you know what you're doing you can "not" enter into any form of contract with the police, or the court and the whole thing will be thrown out.

But someone has to "get in trouble" first.
edit on 3-6-2011 by DragonSpirit2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

General Case Law On Jurisdiction

"The United States is entirely a creature of the Federal Constitution, its power and authority has no other source and it can only act in accordance with all the limitations imposed by the Constitution." Reid v. Covert, 354 U.S. 1, 1 L. Ed. 2nd. 1148 (1957).

"The rights and liberties of the citizens of the United States are not protected by custom and tradition alone, they are preserved from the encroachments of government by express/enumerated provisions of the Federal Constitution." Reid v. Covert, 354 U.S. 1, 1 L. Ed. 2nd. 1148 (1957).

"The prohibitions of the Federal Constitution are designed to apply to all branches of the national government and cannot be nullified by the executive or by the executive and the senate combined." Reid v. Covert, 354 U.S. 1, 1 L. Ed. 2nd. 1148 (1957).

"Where rights as secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which will abrogate them." Miranda v. Ariz., 384 U.S. 436 at 491 (1966).

"Congress may not, by any definition it may adopt, conclude the matter, since it cannot by legislation alter the Constitution." Eisner v. McComber, 252 U.S. 189 at 207.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Like I said, I don't necessarily believe it was staged on the part of the cops because they could be liable and lose their jobs if they helped a media outlet stage a "front page story." However I have also said earlier in this post that it does not matter whether the media people intentionally went there to get that kind of rise, they were showing us what this world has come to, where we're at if we step a toe out of line. It's hard to even get people to protest anymore for fear of retaliation, labels as a terrorist, injury, death, etc........

People are seriously either scared or so complacent about the situation, that their attitude is similar to many I have seen on here who have said things such as : "the cops were just doing their jobs" or "so what you didn't do what you were told"

WAKE UP!!! seriously are you kidding me. YOU DIDN'T DO WHAT YOU WERE TOLD, OF COURSE YOU GOT ARRESTED, THEY SHOULD'VE BEEN TASED????!!!!!! I can't believe the passive for the police attitude that some of you are demonstrating.

Forget what you've been taught and told and form your own opinion based on some actual research of our history and where we are supposed to be not where we are, but where we want to go darnit!!!

If the founding fathers such as Jefferson had looked around and said - Well it's the King's job and the men of the king's job to torture us, make us subservient, and not be held accountable even to their own standard of law. Where exactly would we be? Probably most of us never even would have been born. You can't just look around and be complacent and docile about things like this.

Ultimately those officer's Oaths of Office swears them to uphold the Constitution, that is a legally binding contract between them and everyone they serve, which is supposed to be you and me not THE POWERS THAT BE!!!
At the very least they are at odds with their oath of office which is a breach of ethics and contract law and as such they should be discharged. At this point I'm not talking about right and wrong I'm talking about the LAW the SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND. THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE, AND ABOVE ALL ELSE COMMON LAW.

I'll get off my soap box now.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonSpirit2

You want to live in Anarchy? Good Luck!

Hope you got bolts on your doors and a practical weapon or two.

Humanity is not at that level yet. I live in the real world.

Idealism is such a pretty word.

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join