It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Kokesh Body Slammed for Dancing at Jefferson Memorial

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by KEMIK

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by KEMIK
reply to post by whaaa

I'm not seeing your point. Praying aloud...and a group of people dancing around is the same thing? I don't care what religion you practice, pray in front of me, I'm more than OK with that.

Well I personally would take offense at someone praying a non state approved prayer and they should be body slammed and arrested. See the hypocracy?

It's a subjective call isn't it. Preferential treatment for some and others arrested and abused for a different act of self expression.
edit on 31-5-2011 by whaaa because: losing all reapect

I see your point. But where do you draw the line between self expression and causing a disturbance?

Precisely my point...

Who decides? Apparently it is some political appointee...a Minister of approved good taste and aesthetics.

That sucks because I a completely capable of making my own decisions socially, culturally and politically.

What we have here is a despicable social engineering mechanism placed on the many decided by a few control freaks; Invariably right wing fundamentalist Christians.

I respect your views and would allow prayer...why can't you respect mine and allow a little different form of self expression.

I know....because the state told you what to believe, how to think, and you comply.

“The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy”

Charles de Montesquieu
edit on 31-5-2011 by whaaa because: you asked for it....

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Who is to say that dancing isn't their preferred method of prayer?
Certainly nobody checked. None of the tourists at the memorial seemed to even notice the dancers.
The only people upset by it were the police, and they could not tell anyone which - if any - 'law' was being broken.
Arbitrary rules.

Maybe they shouldn't be dancing, but it is the job of the LEOs - or even a sign! - to explain the laws thoroughly, and completely. An LEO who doesn't know the laws he or she is enforcing is not earning their public pay.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It's not about the dancing...it's about the organized staged protest that they set up.

Protesting is against the law inside the memorial...as it should be.

Does anyone think that protesting should be allowed inside the memorial? Should we just allow complete "freedom" and have every organization with a message set up a little booth with signs and people trying to scream over each other?

That sounds like a great place to visit.

edit on 31-5-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Alright....

Honestly, I used to be a graffiti artist. I spent years tagging all around my city. And I always thought to myself, "I'm expressing what I am living, my "name"." But at a certain point in my life I realized that I'm hurting people, financially, which leads to domestic upset, and I stopped. And I found a new medium.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
What else can anyone say other than that this isn't our country anymore. I'm sure many people have been screaming it in the ears of the ignorant for quite some time...

But if this video doesn't prove it, we really are doomed.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

because humans that are dancing could do serious damage to a solid object...clearly the couple slow dancing were a HUGE danger and needed to be apprehended before they spread the boogie, and that one dude dancing needed to be body slammed because...well basically they could, and that dude that was laying face down on the ground waving his arms around and squirming around resis....oh wait he was just laying there...how was he resisting again?...anyone?...no?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Interesting, I would have had a thing or to to say to the police if I saw this. No way that this was cool on any level.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
. . .
There are many people there that want to enjoy an atmosphere free from jerks like Adam Kokesh and friends whose only attention is to draw attention to themselves. This is in violation of the people who wished to gather there in a peaceful assembly (yeah. I used the 1st Amendment on you).

There are Many people that want to enjoy a bus ride free from all the jerks like Rosa Parks and friends whose only attention is to draw attention to themselves. This is in violation of the people who wish to ride the bus home peacefully.

There are practically tens of thousands of places this band of nuts can go and dance. They're called CLUBS! This band of morons chose a place that they knew prohibited such display. It's not a law to deny someone from dancing. It's a law to promote a peaceful and neutral atmosphere.

There are practically tens of thousands of other ways these bands of nuts can get around. They're called SIDEWALKS!. This band of morons chose a place that they knew prohibited such display. It is not a law to deny someone from riding a bus. It is a law to promote a peaceful and neutral atmosphere.

Just imagine if dancing was allowed there. Patrons would have to constantly put up with a bunch of gyrating monkeys and the atmosphere to appreciate history would disappear.

Just imagine if they could ride in front. Patrons would have to constantly put up with a bunch of sweaty monkeys and the atmosphere of a peaceful bus ride would disappear.

Adan Kokosh is nothing more than a trouble-making loud mouth who probably got his tail whipped every weekend when he was in high school. Why do I say this? I know people just like him and the same thing happens to them. They just don't know when to shut up.

Rosa Parks is nothing more than a trouble making loud mouth who probably got her tail whipped every weekend when she was younger.. Why do I say this? I know people just like her, and the same thing happened to them. They just don't know how to shut up

He's got an attitude that rules and laws don't apply to him. To him, it's to hell with other peoples rights as long as it's all about him.
edit on 31/5/11 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

She's got an attitude that rules and laws don't apply to her. To her, it's to hell with other people's rights as long as it's all about her.

/sarcasm

--Never do anything against conscience even if the state demands it. ~Albert Einstein--

--We should never forget that everything Adolf Hitler did in Germany was "legal" and everything the Hungarian freedom fighters did in Hungary was "illegal." ~Martin Luther King, Jr--

--Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves. ~Henry David Thoreau--

--There is only one sovereign remedy, namely, non-violent non-cooperation ~Ghandi--

--Civil disobedience is the assertion of a right which law should give but which it denies ~Ghandi-

Shall I continue?

edit on 5/31/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by brewing

So protesting the absence of rights is stupid now?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by brewing

Or maybe because . . . *gasp* . . . he is American?

How about we fix our problems at home first, and then think about worrying about the problems of other nations.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
It is a memorial, not a dance hall. Arrest a guy for taking pictures then you may have a case. It is also public property. So they can tell you things like no skateboarding, smoking, drinking, etc.

A judge ruled that dancing is a form of demonstration, which is illegal in a memorial of the man who championed demonstration and free speech.

Come back when you have a judge ruling that skateboarding, smoking, and drinking = demonstration.

I find the dancers embarassing. Millions of people all over the world come to visit DC, and a couple of drunk rednecks start dancing and making a scene.

They also have the freedom to stop what they are doing and not embarrass the rest of us.

So you are embarrassed that someone is actually standing up for their rights.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

So there is logic in banning protests in the memorial of the man who championed protest?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I have a foot on both sides of the fence

A. The protestors, protesting (????) honed in and manipulated a response, I could do the same in 10,000
different locations.

B. The response by the cops was too forceful,

C. I am not sure how I feel about the validity of the laws there

D. It is hard for me to feel sorry for a person who calculates a negative response and then manufactures
a situation that garners said, negative response

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Boston Tea Party.

Rosa Parks and the Civil Rights Movements.

Both brought about with the intent to rile people up and open their eyes.

Both broke established laws at the time.

Both led to rights being restored.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I agree.

Just to add: "don't cry foul"

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Boston Tea Party.

I understand this aspect, but frankly; I am not sure what they are protesting -

The above movements were seeking specific remedy, I assume (where the rubber meets the road) this dance protest will be used to give corporate tax breaks, not address the role of dance as it applies to local or district statutory law.

Tell me what they seek to gain specifically
edit on 31-5-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sgtrocknroll
Too bad they didn't slam him on his head....It is a memorial....do you understand the word...MEMORIAL....wonder if thy would try dancing in front of the Vietnam Vets Wall, or the Lincoln Memorial...HAVE A LITTLE RESPECT.....

So are you saying that this Vet was being disrespectful by dancing?

You do realize that this guy has been overseas and has fought "for our freedoms" right?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Boston Tea Party.

I understand this aspect, but frankly; I am not sure what they are protesting -

The above movements were seeking specific remedy, I assume (where the rubber meets the road) this dance protest will be used to give corporate tax breaks, not address the role of dance as it applies to local or district statutory law.

Tell me what they seek to gain specifically

They were protesting an appeals court ruling.

The dancers were protesting an appeals court ruling handed down last week that the national monuments are places for reflection and contemplation -- and that dancing distracted from such an experience.

SOURCE with other links in the article

Some may continue to disagree but apparently many others agree. Thus far there are over 1,800 RSVPs for the next Jefferson Memorial "Dance Party".

Source
edit on 31-5-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
IMHO no matter if is forbbiden to dance or not...law or not, the fact is NOBODY should be slammed on the floor! just for "resisting to stop dancing"! Even if was Hitler imself dancing there!!
The Cop could very well just grab the guy and taken him away from there. I do not see any of the dancing guys trully resisting nothing! The exeption, sure is the "boyfriend/husband that was arrested and handcuffed! And he was just right IMO.
If they are a group of this or that!?....it dosen't imatter guys, wake up! They have provoqued, but with that provocation they have shown to all what they want.
Sad realy, that modern cops looks like if they can't, or they just don't know how to deal with people this days!

"I can spank you, but you can do nothing dear Sir..please do not resist!!"...
"I can throw you to the floor or walls, but you can do nothing dear Sir, please do not resist!"...
"I am a Police officer, so i can do with you what ever i want dear Sir, please do not resist!"

Just figurative, but this show very well the reality, and in a way or other, we just can't allow this happen for sure!

edit on 31/5/11 by Umbra Sideralis because: Typos

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Umbra Sideralis

It is because police meet civil disobedience with violence. It is no different than what happened in the 1960's when protesters were beaten, had dogs turned loose on them, and were arrested for the crime of sitting.

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join