It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Kokesh Body Slammed for Dancing at Jefferson Memorial

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
What the hell, why not, I will join the quotefest.

Laws control the lesser man. Right conduct controls the greater one. Chinese Proverb

I have always looked on disobedience toward the oppressive as the only way to use the miracle of having been born.
Oriana Fallaci

No radical change on the plane of history is possible without crime. Hermann Keyserling

It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong. Voltaire

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.
Henry David Thoreau

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. Robert A. Heinlein

Many laws as certainly make bad men, as bad men make many laws. Walter Savage Landor

Civil disobedience becomes a sacred duty when the state has become lawless or corrupt. And a citizen who barters with such a state shares in its corruption and lawlessness...Every citizen is responsible for every act of his government...There is only one sovereign remedy, namely, non-violent non-cooperation. GANDHI

That's all I got.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Reply to post by Annee

Nice of you to pick one phrase out of the others to dismiss me.

Earth to Anne's, they all say the same thing.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Reply to post by brewing

I always love it when people mock those who stand up for their rights.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Reply to post by Annee

Kinda like the American Revolution … or the Civil Rights Movement.

Damn attention seekers should have just followed the law.

Yes?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by Annee

Kinda like the American Revolution … or the Civil Rights Movement.

Damn attention seekers should have just followed the law.

Yes?

Don't play games.

It's just stupid.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
It is very scary watching that video. Especially when the officer tells him 'If you keep recording you will get arrested. It is foreshadowing what is to come. I can't see it happening soon, but I wouldn't be surprised if the US gov't creates their own 'Secret Police'. Their own version of the Gestapo, and anything they say is the law, and anyone fighting, or trying to get the message out, that they are in the wrong, will also face punishment.

The next big war is coming, and the pieces are slowly being assembled, but most people still don't see it happening.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Reply to post by Annee

Playing games?

Tell me how I am playing games.

That is exactly what you said.

That there are proper ways to do things.

Should have just asked the king nicely, perhaps.

Maybe sit in the back of the bus and write letters.

Break the "law" to win rights is wrong and they are attention seekers.

Your words, not mine.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Am I the only one that doesn't think there would have BEEN a big scene or unwarranted attention if the police had NOT got involved?
I've seen people dancing before, saw people kissing in public, dancing with an ipod. You see them ALL OVER the mall in DC.
Personally I seriously doubt I'd have paid a BIT of attention to them or let them bother my trip in any way - or no more than people with screaming kids and crying babies might.
In fact, I rather think I'd like to see people dancing. I'd think people were happy.

I really don't know what planet some people get off on. Oh it's the law the law the law the law - as if the fact that it IS the law is what made it the law in the first place and is gonna KEEP it the law forever, the law is like...oh worship you LAW, bow down with my butt up in the air to you Law, oh holy law. I suspect I wasn't beaten enough as a child.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Yes - those are my words - - mostly.

Are you defusing that?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by brewing

I always love it when people mock those who stand up for their rights.

Where in the Constiution does it say these people have a right to dance at a public memorial that has rules of conduct?

Don't give me that 1st Amendment answer.

There are many people there that want to enjoy an atmosphere free from jerks like Adam Kokesh and friends whose only attention is to draw attention to themselves. This is in violation of the people who wished to gather there in a peaceful assembly (yeah. I used the 1st Amendment on you).

There are practically tens of thousands of places this band of nuts can go and dance. They're called CLUBS! This band of morons chose a place that they knew prohibited such display. It's not a law to deny someone from dancing. It's a law to promote a peaceful and neutral atmosphere.

Just imagine if dancing was allowed there. Patrons would have to constantly put up with a bunch of gyrating monkeys and the atmosphere to appreciate history would disappear.

Adan Kokosh is nothing more than a trouble-making loud mouth who probably got his tail whipped every weekend when he was in high school. Why do I say this? I know people just like him and the same thing happens to them. They just don't know when to shut up.

He's got an attitude that rules and laws don't apply to him. To him, it's to hell with other peoples rights as long as it's all about him.
edit on 31/5/11 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Aceofclubs

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Wow what is this world coming to. Seeing this stuff and
watching the news makes me afraid for my future.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Best post on this thread. The guy is a clown.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I'm Canadian and i wonder what we would do if we saw that in our country... I hope this never happens to anyone again. Cops need to receive penalties like criminals, or worse! After all, they are the ones who should have better judgement(arresting the amt of ppl they do), no?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by razor787
It is very scary watching that video. Especially when the officer tells him 'If you keep recording you will get arrested. It is foreshadowing what is to come. I can't see it happening soon, but I wouldn't be surprised if the US gov't creates their own 'Secret Police'. Their own version of the Gestapo, and anything they say is the law, and anyone fighting, or trying to get the message out, that they are in the wrong, will also face punishment.

The next big war is coming, and the pieces are slowly being assembled, but most people still don't see it happening.

Yes, actually, the whole not being allowed to record stuff is disturbing, especially when we are constantly on the surveillance cams of the Establishment everywhere we go. They have a right to record us but we are not allowed to record them.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by blackandblue
reply to post by Annee

Please forgive my ignorance. Is your stance that the demonstration was performed within the protection of the Constitution, or that other activities are better suited. Not starting a fight because I think we both would like to see fairness for all.

My stance is the demonstration was Illegal for Sensationalism.

Legal protests - - - not Illegal sensationalism.

The right way to remove a law or change a law is through legal means - - - which is a Constitutional right.

So you believe that you have to beg permission inorder to "legally" protest?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

These people were protesting a court ruling. Are we not allowed to protest unjust laws on public property. everything that the government has belongs to "WE THE PEOPLE" it is ours. Yes it did disturb vistors there, but that was the point.

The U.S. Park Police are investigating whether excessive force was used in the arrest of five protesters Saturday, who silently danced in the interior of the Jefferson Memorial to protest a recent ruling against dancing at federal monuments.
Videos posted to YouTube over the weekend show park police officers in light blue polo shirts handcuffing dancers. It looked as if one protester, who was wearing a "Disobey" T-shirt, had been body-slammed by an officer, and choked.
In a YouTube video of Saturday's incident, when a police officer asked the protestors which one of them was the leader, a member of the group pointed toward the statue of Thomas Jefferson inside the rotunda.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

You guys have the wrong mindset. (thats my personal opinion) Koskesh and consortia exposed intentionally this huge flaw. Kudos for bringing this up.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Hey Annee and friends, I think you missed this one:

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.
Henry David Thoreau

Sounds familiar.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthsProphet
I'm Canadian and i wonder what we would do if we saw that in our country

There probably aren't a lot of Canadians that would dream up such a stupid protest, at least not born and bred Canadians anyways. I don't know about the numerous terrorist immigrants you guys allow in left and right however. They might.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join