It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Kokesh Body Slammed for Dancing at Jefferson Memorial

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by Annee

So . . . their is no such thing as an absolute?

No absolutes is a fail view

What are you talking about?

Please explain.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Since we are using quotes from old dead men to validate our arguments...I guess I'll use one from Jefferson as well.

The earth belongs to the living, not to the dead.
Thomas Jefferson

So yeah...let's think for ourselves and make decisions in our own time based on the current state of the world...not continue to try to live in the past.

--Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms [of government] those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.-Thomas Jefferson--

--A free people [claim] their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate.-Thomas Jefferson--

--The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.-Thomas Jefferson--

--What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?-Thomas Jefferson--

And I'll close with another.

The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory.
Thomas Jefferson

edit on 30-5-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

--When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation. We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; that to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed; that whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.-Thomas Jefferson--

^^I prefer that theory^^

Responding in TJ quotes is fun

edit on 5/30/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

BS Annee.

Most quotes DO transcend time, and that is why they are so often used as quotes.

For crying out loud, people still quote Plato . . . 2600 years later.

But God forbid we quote the founding fathers 235 years later

A quote is usually applied to a specific situation at a specific time.

It is only convenience to choose a quote that supports a position in argument.

The original quote may or may not - - have relevance to modern day arguments.

My favorite quote is: "you can not expect of people what they have not yet learned" - - it is anonymous as far as I know.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Things do not change. There are absolutes.
The Bible says that there is nothing new under the sun.

Human nature is human nature. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Saying things always change is taking the view of their being no absolutes. No absolutes is not possible, and leads to failure.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
oh spare me the drama

I don't want jackasses ruining my trip to the memorial by baiting the officers into a confrontation and causing a scene.

anyone who thinks they were just casually out to take in the memorial, started to spontaneously dance and were beaten for it is very naive

they got exactly what they wanted

watching this reminded me of putting my 5 year old to bed. you want to ignore his tactics so he doesn't learn that they work, but you can't just be totally passive and let him run the show either

my 5 year old actually listens to reason better than these idiots

I'd be bummed if I spent a lot of money to go to the memorial and had it ruinded by these attention whores

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Obviously it is used at a specific time for a specific reason.

That does not mean that that is the ONLY time in time/space that that quotes is relevant.

If that were the case, we would not have quotes!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

The Memorial is free to go into . . .

and you are upset about people peacefully assembled proving to others that 1st amendment rights have been violated.

Your good time is more important than the Constitution?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I'm an Atheist.

Next.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

and you are upset about people peacefully assembled proving to others that 1st amendment rights have been violated.

I always love it when people use the constitution as an excuse for someone to act like a total moron when totally ignoring the law.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

more drama

please

they caused a scene on purpose. I live in CT. the memorial is free, but getting down there sure isn't.

can I come dance on your desk at work ? can I dance at your relatives funeral ? how long would that last ?

the bigger point is being missed here is that the memorial is for everyone, not small group of people out to bait officers into a confrontation so they can video it and post it.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by brewing
I always love it when people use the constitution as an excuse for someone to act like a total moron when totally ignoring the law.

Oh Gawd! Me too.

Isn't it annoying - - when people throw out the Constitution at every little thing/discrepancy - - etc etc.

I actually take the Constitution seriously. I'm not going to abuse it by defending some Attention Seeker - - for organizing a Flash Mob to dance in a place that is against the law. If someone wants to change or annul that law - - there are proper ways to do it.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

I'm an Atheist.

Next.

If one of your grand kid was sick and dieing or one of your kids or loved ones; then we would see who you pray to.
I used to claim to be an atheist too until my mom got Alzheimers.

Next
edit on 30-5-2011 by whaaa because: p

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Wow things are getting insane. What exactly were they protesting anyways? just everything? I notice the code pink lady.

She's also in this video.

LOLOLOL this lady is clearly insane.

btw the cops in the first video should be body slammed too.......

last i checked:
dancing= not against the law
body slamming= against the law (battery)
edit on 30-5-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
the bigger point is being missed here is that the memorial is for everyone, not small group of people out to bait officers into a confrontation so they can video it and post it.

Oh - - you mean people have rights not to be subjected to attention seekers breaking a law.

People have rights to enjoy a memorial peacefully - - - without some individual needing attention.

Who's rights exactly are we denying?

The Shock - - the Horror of it all!
edit on 30-5-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I don't understand why all this attention is on fake dancing and baiting of police officers when the real problem is that we are being watched, observed, surveilled, monitored, and data-mined continually both openly and covertly. I hope that people will become more aware that our freedoms are being eroded in much sneakier ways that dancing at the memorial. Rfid chips in bracelets to make sure the kiddies are safe at school, video cams watching what the kids are eating, red light traffic cams on every corner, how about the cams in Britain which laugh out loud at people and tell them verbally they forgot to put the trash in the trash can, or how about the medicine cabinet which will report whether or not you took your ritalin or your prozac?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
If one of your grand kid was sick and dieing or one of your kids or loved ones; then we would see who you pray to.
I used to claim to be an atheist to until my mom got Alzheimers.

Next

My grandson's dad died of Leukemia before he was a month old.

No - - I did not pray to any Guy in the Sky. It does not work that way.

I do believe all is energy - - but that is a different discussion.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
I don't understand why all this attention is on fake dancing and baiting of police officers when the real problem is that we are being watched, observed, surveilled, monitored, and data-mined continually both openly and covertly.

That really is a different discussion.

I suggest people start with the PNAC.

www.newamericancentury.org...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I've been an avid ATS reader for many years but have never felt the need to post before (you regulars cover things well enough). This seemed like a good thread for a first post.

The judge's logic in this case is utterly laughable especially given the life's work and passions (no, not mochachino) of Thomas Jefferson. Does he even know who wrote the Declaration?

That faint sound you hear is TJ doing about 5000rpm in his dirt siesta.

In the near weekend-ish future I for one will be doing a mean jig to some Dropkick, Pogues, et al.

- see ya there.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
When are people going to start cracking some skulls like they do?.......When???????........I'm just sorry there are no more men born in America now....Only female's with vagina's....it's a real pity.....

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
I don't understand why all this attention is on fake dancing and baiting of police officers when the real problem is that we are being watched, observed, surveilled, monitored, and data-mined continually both openly and covertly.

That really is a different discussion.

I suggest people start with the PNAC.

www.newamericancentury.org...

How is it a different discussion? One is control through police force, the other is control through subtle means of surveillance and monitoring. A policeman may not pull you over for running a red light, but you may get a ticket in the mail and have to pay a fine. How would you be able to contest it if you don't even know when you did it?

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join