It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Kokesh Body Slammed for Dancing at Jefferson Memorial

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Reply to post by pop_science

Phishing for freedom and rights.

What they got was authoritarian BS.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

edit on 5/29/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Annee

Police should be able to think their way out of a paper bag, and ignore such ridiculous statutes. That is probably too much to ask though this day in age.

What a stupid statement.

Cops enforce the law. That is their job.

If you don't like the law - - - then campaign to change it.

But don't lay blame on someone for doing their job.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeNF
The funny thing is that another "party" event is planned for Saturday, June 4th --- so who's going

I will be dancing with the attendees in spirit. Please video the celebration and response by the LEOs.
I would expect to see swat teams in riot gear to stop any merrymaking, dancing or other celebrations of liberty.

What a mockery of freedom of expression and assembly this nation has become. Our forefathers are spinning in their graves to see the march of fascism progressively replace Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

edit on 29-5-2011 by whaaa because: PT lives!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by Annee

Just doing their job is not an Ecuador.

Ask the Nazis

Oh yeah - - bring in the Nazis.

Why don't you throw in the Constitution too?

How about a little Communism?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Reply to post by Annee

Just doing their job is not an Ecuador.

Ask the Nazis

Oh yeah - - bring in the Nazis.

Why don't you throw in the Constitution too?

Why shouldn't we throw in the Constitution?! This is America, this event took place in Washington, DC, at the Thomas Jefferson memorial - who was a Founding Father, primary author of the Declaration of Independence, and President.

Yes, we will throw in the Constitution. This is America, and though it may be forgotten it is still the law of the land.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by civilchallenger

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
I'm genuinely disappointed, because Mr Kokesh is apparently a Ron Paul activist and he's mixed up with Jodie Evans. I think he means well, but she is another story.

If you don't like someone but you do like their idea, you should join them with the points you do agree on. Basically you're saying people should focus on the negative and focus on areas they disagree. What people SHOULD do is focus on the positive and focus on where there is agreement.

There are not enough liberty activists in this country to have to split hairs over the fine points, and if there were why divide people like that unnecessarily?
edit on 29-5-2011 by civilchallenger because: (no reason given)

First, I like Ron Paul. Joining forces with radicals is not my idea of a Tea Party. I'm sorry. That is my take on this. In no way am I against Adam either. But I'm not going to sit here and defend Medea who has a history of going around to other countries and fomenting chaos. She is interested primarily in breaking down American exceptionalism. If you were to do even a modest amount of research, you will see this. If you want to know the truth about people like Code Pink, you must know that their first goal is to break down America. Ask Yuri Besmenov, ex KGB who talks about the Sleepers who are interested in creating chaos and destabilization. It is not the same as the Tea Party.
If you were to research the Kent State shootings, you would find Bernadine Dorhn right smack in the middle of it. She spoke at Kent State in the lead up to the protest. Students for a Democratic Society were part of it. Jerry Rubin was. Agitators wearing white armbands herded the crowd pushing them into the police bayonets.

For instance, in the fall of 1968, Kent State was treated to two appearances by Mark Rudd, the S.D.S. Ieader who had led the seizure of campus buildings earlier that year at Columbia University in New York. Another frequent visitor was Bernardine Dohrn, an S.D.S. official who calls herself a "revolutionary Communist," and who according to James Michener, in Kent State,* told the students: "They've shot blacks in Orangeburg, South Carolina, and they're certainly going to shoot whites here."

Members of the staff at the regional S.D.S. office in Cleveland constantly made the short trip to Kent, where they propagandized and recruited. A student revolutionary told Michener: "We established our communes in three Ohio cities, one in Columbus, two in Akron, two in Cleveland. The idea was to teach severe discipline. Every single decision—was a girl member entitled to buy an ice cream cone?—was decided by group discussion. The object was to produce revolutionaries programmed to obey orders, even if they involved severe personal sacrifice or death. You surrendered all personal money, idiosyncrasies and will power, assured that you would come out of the experience with total dedication."

more background on Kent State

On April 30, 1970, Richard Nixon sent American troops into Cambodia, allegedly to shut off supplies to the Vietcong. The move was a typically phony Nixon operation, of course, because at the same time his Administration was sending more and more war material to Soviet Russia, which in turn supplied the Vietcong with most of their equipment—a practice which candidate Nixon had denounced in 1968. But the students didn't know that, because the Establishment media hadn't told them. The next day was Friday, May first, the international Communist holiday of May Day, when Communists around the world celebrate the "inevitability" of their takeover of the world. At about eleven-thirty that night, demonstrators at Kent built a bonfire on South Water Street, blocking traffic. They also set a toolshed in the vicinity on fire, producing a considerable blaze. All twenty-four Kent city policemen and sixty-five Portage County sheriff's deputies were ordered to duty, and told that they had to handle a "riot in progress." Michener writes that a curious student asked a stranger what it was all about and was told: "It's a planned movement to strain the National Guard. They're tied up at Columbus and on the truck strike in Akron and Cleveland, and we don't think they have enough men to cover this too."

Now, I ask you, what better way to establish communism than to deliberately arm your enemies, then have agitators protest your war buildup, effectively stopping the defense of the innocent. This is what is happening, it happened in the Bolshevik Revolution, and it happened in WWII.
Study Antony Sutton, he explains it quite nicely.

link   
Just doing their job...hmmm, REALLY???

Isn't there or shouldn't there be a point when these robots (cops), starting to QUESTION the stupidity and wrongness of 1000's of senseless, victimless laws?

There's a tipping point coming and illegal DANCING demonstrations might just be the straw that beaks the camels back!

link   

Veiled insults. I love it. In other words, you have nothing.

Check my post history on WBBC. They are vile and evil, but have a right to freedom of speech and protest.

How ironic that they can protest funerals, but a group can't protest here.

If you feel a right is being violated at the library or the Veteran's Memorial, have at it.

They are public property, and you have every right.

I'm not here to throw insults.

If you'll listen to the police at the beginning of the second video, he clearly states that if anyone demonstrates policy by dancing, they will be arrested.

The couple arrested only started dancing after given the warning. The guy with the "DISOBEY" t-shirt was clearly resisting arrest and by his own actions provoked the police to make his arrest.

The Jefferson Memorial is a monument paid for by tax-payers just as every other monument in the DC area and elsewhere across America. At many of these places, rules and regulations are set up for reverence and civility.

The people arrested in these videos showed contempt towards these rules. Their rights to dance weren't being violated. They can dance all they want. They showed disrespect to every other tax-payer who wants to enjoy the serenity of this memorial without a bunch of antics.

In my opinion, the ones who got arrested violoated every other persons right there by forcing a temporary closing.

edit on 29/5/11 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Welcome to America. Home of the sheep and depraved.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The Nazis did not lose, they just switched sides.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Reply to post by Annee

Did I call anyone Maxis?

No. It was an example of the just doing our job excuse not flying.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Maxis, Nazis.

Same thing I guess. Thank you auto-correct.

Grrr

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Our founding fathers would have told you that having respect and common decency for others did not and could not be addressed in any document. They would have told us that character and honor are in your heart. They knew that you cannot legislate common decency.

I'm all for free speech, even if I don't agree with whatever is being protested. I am glad we can do it here and it is a right we all deserve. But being respectful and having common decency for others is more important to me. If you protest and ignore being respectful to others... whom have nothing to do with what your protesting against (such as tourists in this case) then I don't think it's in the "spirit" of the what our founding fathers would of wanted.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Some of you have a tenuous grasp on reality. You are SERIOUSLY comparing THIS guy to Martin Luther King? To Kennedy? To Gandhi? To Rosa Parks?

Those individuals were fighting very specific civil rights issues, political issues on a massive scale, and peacefully protesting to make their point. Gandhi didn't see fit to dance like an idiot in front of a memorial to make his point. He pioneered satyagraha. He fasted to make a point. Adam is pioneering nothing.

If you are going to make comparisons, please use something that at least makes a modicum of sense. Adam is protesting what exactly? The dire need for American Citizens to dance like fools in front of memorials? Yes.. I can see where you could mistake this for an important political or religious cause.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

Oh so you live more free than the rest of Americans? I highly doubt it unless your idea of freedom is the ability to qoute 250 year old dead guys.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I haven't read all replies just yet ... but this is total, complete and & utter bull#.

Yeah ...

As with Many of today's 'timely/internet' personnas & bravados, if you will, these folks are likely, if not intentionally, looking to 'stir an interest in', and/or attention(s) to, their 'purpose' and/or 'cause' here.

the Problem, imo, IS and NO MATTER ...

THEY"VE DONE NOTHING WRONG - BY LAW [existing or otherwise...]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aside from viewing or receiving further-detailed video analysis / vocal explanation(s)

UTTERLY RIDICULOUS comes to mind.

*pathetic*

edit on 29-5-2011 by Annie Mossity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
If any cop ever done that to me, rest assured ill fight back, rest assured ild be killed.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Reply to post by SecretUsername

Oh hai!

I was at the Boston Tea Party. Sorry I did not have enough decency and respect to save you some tea.

Oh hai!

I a a civil rights activivst. I am sorry that I was not decent and respectful by sitting in the back of the bus and drinking out of the wrong fountain.

Your rights should come before ANYTHING.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Reply to post by fleabit

Since when is one right more important than another.

Any person fighting for their rights is on equal footing with the American Revolutionaries, MLK, Ghandi, etc.

Ay least they have the ballad to stand up and protect what is theirs. Even in the face of all the scoffers.

Rights are rights, no matter how big or small they seem to you.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

However if a law or statute rails against the Constitution or the Bill of Rights without an amendment it is legally null and void. It is not enforceable in court as long as they get a good Constitutional Rights Lawyer.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join