It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Kokesh Body Slammed for Dancing at Jefferson Memorial

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

That "lady" was Medea Benjamin(not her real name apparently). Do you know her history?
biggovernment.com...

Medea Benjamin “call(s) for help” before she is arrested for trespassing at the McLean, Va., home of Erik Prince, August 20, 2010. Photo by Code Pink.

Terrorist supporter and Code Pink co-founder Susan “Medea” Benjamin was arrested Friday evening at the McLean, Virginia home of Xe Services founder (formerly Blackwater) Erik Prince, according to a press release posted by Code Pink.
Prince was not home, having left the United States for Abu Dhabi in the face of mounting legal problems. Inexplicably, Benjamin was let into the house, according to the press release. However, when Benjamin revealed the true nature of her visit, Mrs. Prince reportedly threw her out of the house. Fairfax County Police arrived and arrested Benjamin for trespassing, according to a caption at Code Pink’s Flickr album. (The Fairfax County Police public information office is closed for the weekend.)

Code Pink has a history of harassing their political opponents at their homes. Targets have included former Bush administration lawyer John Yoo, then Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld and Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi.

Then there are her activities regarding Iraq
fairelectionsinternational.org...

Lahore Pakistan
sayanythingblog.com...

In Egypt
gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com... ficer/

edit on 29-5-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Perhaps you should educate yourself.

--Rosa Parks didn't become an activist because of this incident. By 1955, she was already working for civil rights. She was active in the Montgomery Voters League, an organization established to help blacks pass the literacy tests designed to keep them from registering to vote. She was also involved in the NAACP, and she had already recognized and begun to protest the indignity of segregation. Whenever possible, she avoided elevators and buses, preferring to walk or climb stairs rather than be treated as inferior.--

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Kind of Like Rosa Parks. Huh.

Kind of like MLK. Huh.

Kind of Like the American Revolutionaries. Huh.

How evil of them.
edit on 5/29/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

Look, I've been to Tea Parties. I am 100% about Liberty. Wanna see the giant sign I had made up using a jpeg made up for me by a friend, that I took to Kinkos and had made into a poster at my expense? It says Baillout Lady Liberty and has a pic of her on it. Maybe there's pics of it floating around the Net. But in this case, known radcials are involved. Do some research on Kent State and the four students who were shot dead in 1970. I did. I found out that communist agitators pushed the crowd into the police bayonets while they themselves stayed clear. They set fires to school property and they talked of shutting down the schools. This is no joke.

There is no excuse for lack of respect at memorials respecting our Founding Fathers.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
I'm genuinely disappointed, because Mr Kokesh is apparently a Ron Paul activist and he's mixed up with Jodie Evans. I think he means well, but she is another story.

If you don't like someone but you do like their idea, you should join them with the points you do agree on. Basically you're saying people should focus on the negative and focus on areas they disagree. What people SHOULD do is focus on the positive and focus on where there is agreement.

There are not enough liberty activists in this country to have to split hairs over the fine points, and if there were why divide people like that unnecessarily?
edit on 29-5-2011 by civilchallenger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Yes...she still did not board that bus with the purpose of protesting...she was simply on her way home.

Again...try all you want...this is not the same thing.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Founding fathers were radicals.

And what better way to memorialize the chalking of protesting by … I dunno … protesting.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Reply to post by ThreeNF

A court ruled that dancing is a demonstration, which are illegal in the memorials of the people who encouraged such.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The only people I can see having a problem with someone dancing is one of those miserable people, who instead of improving themselves, just try to make everyone else miserable with them. I hate people like that.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
There is no excuse for lack of respect at memorials respecting our Founding Fathers.

As stated earlier, this dance event was in response to a group of people two years back who, in order to celebrate and respect Thomas Jefferson, hosted a midnight silent dance celebration. A judge ruled they had no right to celebrate in that way. There there was no provocation involved in the original event... and very little in the recent event as well. I mean who are you to say dancing at someone's memorial isn't a good way to pay respects to that person? You should be embarrassed you are being just as authoritarian and overbearing as the brutal park police.

And why are you being so unclear in your post? You say "there is no excuse for lack of respect". So should lack of respect be a crime? Yes, or no?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
That Video looks extremely fake to me. Actors? It's a show, with a tune-in advert. It's advertisement and nothing more. But people here are so blind in their stupid police hate that they don't want to use their small brains

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
i'm too desensitized to this, I don't know what to make of it.
citizens fight the cops, go to jail.
cops fight the citizens, get paid

serious?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
That Video looks extremely fake to me. Actors? It's a show, with a tune-in advert. It's advertisement and nothing more. But people here are so blind in their stupid police hate that they don't want to use their small brains

Are you kidding me? The video was compiled and edited afterwards, including the "Adam vs. The Man" badge. He also put out an invitation before the event for anyone in the area to go and join them.
edit on 5/29/2011 by Konah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

I don't think it's fake. People were given citations for it and a scan of Adam's citation can be seen on FB.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
The only people I can see having a problem with someone dancing is one of those miserable people, who instead of improving themselves, just try to make everyone else miserable with them. I hate people like that.

If dancing in this area is illegal (for what ever reason).

Isn't it the cops job to stop it?

Cops do not make laws. Their only job is to enforce them.

So - if a cop tells you to stop doing something because it is illegal - - and you don't stop - - you are in violation of the law;

Got a problem? Change the law.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
So much baiting in one little video!
Looks like someone went phishing and got their little butts caught...but that's exactly what they wanted now isn't it.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeNF

I hope thousands show up, I really do.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Reply to post by Annee

Just doing their job is not an excuse

Ask the Nazis

edit on 5/29/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Just doing their job is not an excuse*

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Police should be able to think their way out of a paper bag, and ignore such ridiculous statutes. That is probably too much to ask though this day in age.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join