It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas cop murdered when a van pulled alongside and started firing

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Yup, it sure it easy for arm chair generals to judge a dead man from the comfort of their own homes isn't it?

I suggest people reserve their judgement until the investigation is complete and more details are available. What we do know, is that some poor human being was killed in cold blood. Regardless of who he was, how he conducted his job or who he "pissed off", the man deserved to keep his life.

Most people do.

~Keeper

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 5/28/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

While I have to agree with the fact that we should reserve judgment on why the guy was killed, we certainly don't need to hold back from saying how we feel about what law enforcement is like in general. These people have all but declared war on the citizenry and you want us to reserve judgment? I judge all members of the Italian Mafia based on their allegiance, I judge all members of the Taliban on their allegiance, and any member of law enforcement who isn't trying to restore the institution to what it was meant to be, is guilty as an accomplice of the crimes of it's agency. I bet you would have said we should reserve judgment if this happened to one of the Gestapo, if we were citizens of Nazi Germany. Don't try and draw a line between our cops and the Nazi Secret Police either, there isn't one anymore.
edit on 28-5-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: grammar

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

Look, you wanna lump thousands of people into nice little boxes and apply cute labels to them, you have at her. The reality of situation is that no two people are alike, and if you can throw a stone and hit a dirty cop, I can throw another and hit a clean one.

This mentality of being "against the man" in this case all law enforcement is ridiculous. There are bad apples everywhere in every spectrum of every walk of life. Holding all of them accountable for the actions of a few is foolish.

~Keeper

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon102
Yeesh people so quick to jump the gun thinking this cop was somehow crooked and deserved it. Peeps please step back and take breather or two.

And if this was a hit by the cartel well ... damn. The plot just thickened.

ATS is full of Anti-social rabble. Most of them hate any form of authority, and believe its tyrannical for a cop to arrest them for violating a law they don't support.
edit on 28-5-2011 by Evola because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Look, you wanna lump thousands of people into nice little boxes and apply cute labels to them, you have at her. The reality of situation is that no two people are alike, and if you can throw a stone and hit a dirty cop, I can throw another and hit a clean one.

This mentality of being "against the man" in this case all law enforcement is ridiculous. There are bad apples everywhere in every spectrum of every walk of life. Holding all of them accountable for the actions of a few is foolish.

~Keeper

Very true my friend. However, it is a bit of a different story when you are talking about a group of people who have been indoctrinated to operate a certain way. Mobsters are brought up to believe that a real man doesn't take *snip* from anybody, so will kill in a heartbeat if he thinks you have crossed him. A member of the Taliban is likely to think that all women are second class citizens and it is perfectly acceptable to murder her if she is alone in a room with any man who isn't her husband. A police officer is also very likely to treat people as if they have no rights, no worth, and no legal recourse to do anything about it. Each of these examples are because these people are TRAINED to act that way.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Since when is a van considered a "small vehicle" ? did no one else notice that? and where is "bexas county" ?

I'm not surprised this cop got capped, can't trust no one nowadays......

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I understand where you are coming from, but all you are describing are generalizations. You know who else speaks like that? Politicians. They love to group people into boxes, apply labels and then use words and speeches that incite a particular feeling in order to gain support.

This is all that we are encouraging when we say " These people are more likely to do this, because they are this."

Now mind you stereotypes and generalizations exists because they are part true, there's not denying that. But you can't use them in any specific situation.

I'm not a fan of policing in general, or authority mind you, I think as well that there's a line and those in power have had it drawn. Understanding that having a job like being a cop can jade you very quickly. It's not a manner of being trained to be a certain way, it's really about what your experiences have taught you while you were in any particular situation.

I can't stress enough to people how much labels and generalizations have destroyed our political landscape and our democracy by pitting us against each other. Only when we stop doing things like this, will we truly be able to fix things.

~Keeper

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I have a good friend who is a cop. He's a very good man. He feels very strongly that being a cop is the best thing that he can do to protect a country that he cares a great deal about. However, he will be the first one to agree with me when it comes to the generalization of law officers being indoctrinated to be domineering, violent, and basically, criminal. While he is still a good guy after years of working on the force, he was still TRAINED to tread all over the rights of citizens and was trained to get away with it. Not all cops are bad guys, of course. Not all mobsters are bad guys either. I also know a Hell's Angel who is a really good guy. That doesn't mean that most Hell's Angels aren't bad guys.
What I really want to get across here is that if we don't make these generalizations, we will never make changes. Targeting individual police officers through the legal system will never make any more difference than the person who murdered that cop accomplished. What we need to do is identify the root of the problem and cut it off there. I'm saying that the root of the problem is the indoctrination process and gang mentality these cops have that causes the problem. There needs to be much greater regulation on the training of cops, and there needs to be a MUCH higher accountability when cops break the law. With great power comes great responsibility, but it should also come with an equally greater accountability when you abuse that power.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Reform does have to start somewhere.

The problem is with this sort of generalizations mentality, we only encourage the good cops to turn bad, as regardless of how well they doing their job they are going to get looked down upon.

But I can't disagree really with anything you said. The real problem, is finding the root of the problem, (for lack of a better word) and that won't change any time soon. IMO the judicial system needs to change before we can expect law enforcement to do the same.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Does anyone think we will find out what really happened in this case? Did someone actually post wait for the facts to come out? lol.
Looking from the outside in without any of "the facts," this cop was either too corrupt or too honest for his own good.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
Does anyone think we will find out what really happened in this case? Did someone actually post wait for the facts to come out? lol.
Looking from the outside in without any of "the facts," this cop was either too corrupt or too honest for his own good.

We don't know that.

Could have been a gang initiation. Happens all the time. It would have nothing to do with who that guy was or what kind of cop he was.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Ill avoid the rest of this... it also has a potential to be this

could this be the backbone of a false flag...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Well things like this happend everyday en mexico,only the people who HAS this job know the risks,temptations and so forth.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Hmm, thats real sad............ Gonna have to buy some more paper towels for all the tears.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
reply to post by Vitchilo

Hmm, thats real sad............ Gonna have to buy some more paper towels for all the tears.

Sarcastically mocking the savage murder of not only a police officer but a human being is the epitome of a sociopath. Sad that there are even people such as yourself existing in our world today. Unfortunately our system allows people like you to roam our streets.

I suspect this cop was just an easy target for a disgruntled member of a Mexican drug gang or someone who had a ‘score to settle’. Either way there is no justifying these actions which cost this enforcer of the law to lose his life.

There needs to be a new law, murder a police officer you get the death penalty, period. And not wait 6 years. Soon as the court decision is made, hang him.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Yup, it sure it easy for arm chair generals to judge a dead man from the comfort of their own homes isn't it?

I suggest people reserve their judgement until the investigation is complete and more details are available. What we do know, is that some poor human being was killed in cold blood. Regardless of who he was, how he conducted his job or who he "pissed off", the man deserved to keep his life.

Most people do.

~Keeper

Well said. But with all the "cops are pigs and deserve what they get" hate on ATS you're suggestion will fall on deaf ears.

/TOA

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Things like this wouldn't happen on my watch! I'd throw these criminals in a gulag they accidentally built themselves for extra irony.
edit on 28-5-2011 by Cuppy because: Revenge.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Thank you for your even handed wisdom. The same people who "trash" the cop are the same ones who will complain because the cops were not immediately available in their moment of need.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Ahh, a baby in the dark reciting a book he can not read. Ignorance is bliss, is it not? Mexican drug war, gang affiliated? How many Arizona sheriffs have been arrested for human trafficking in the last 3 months?

So it is your immediate assumption that our law enforcement are to blame rather than violent Mexican drug gangs or someone seeking retribution? Sad...

How many others in law enforcement have been guilty of excessive violence and domestic terrorism in the last year? How many children, elderly, handicapped get tazed every day because our civil servants have become lazy and uncaring towards humanity and cast a blind eye to the constitution?

And how many have you heard of giving innocent men, women, and children CPR, stopping a murder, arresting a fugitive, coming to the aid of the innocent? Of course you will not hear about that for two reasons; 1. All authority is the villain in the eyes of the libertarians, 2. Media will not report good news that police do every day they would prefer to publish the eye catching headline stories. Unfortunately 'Cop stops attempted murder' is not a good enough story for our worthless society.

Savage murder....... Your uneducated about what the "savage" practices are in our society these days. Just because your eyes are closed does not give you a pass on your ignorant comments though, you are obviously either a sheep or a bleeding heart that longs for the long arm of government protection since they have made it all but impossible to protect yourself.

So I assume you believe opening fire on a police officer in his car as a way of murder is civil then?

I also love how you called me a 'bleeding heart' that really made me laugh. Try connecting the dots here; custom title, avatar, signature.

Either way, you and people like you are an infection to this country and one of the reasons we lose more of our freedom on a daily basis.

I would venture to say the same to you but I know how the 'libertarians' would have a heart attack hearing one of their beloved sheep being attacked by a big bad wolf.

Do not worry I know your kind. Nothing civil about you. All your cares are about 'me, myself, and I' with complete disregard for society as a whole. So long as you are happy everything is good, eh? So long as you are right in your head and among your same crowd then you are right, eh?
edit on 5/28/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
is this part of the set up?

<< 1    3 >>

join