It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas cop murdered when a van pulled alongside and started firing

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
People just don't do something like that for ``fun``... I bet he didn't die for ``nothing``...

Texas Deputy Killed During Apparent Ambush

A veteran Bexar County sheriff's deputy was fatally shot during an apparent ambush while waiting at a traffic light in his marked patrol vehicle early Saturday, according to the San Antonio Express.

Forty-five-year-old Sgt. Kenneth Vann was waiting at an intersection just after 2 a.m. Saturday when a small white vehicle pulled up next to him on the right side and started shooting through the front passenger window. Witnesses called police, who discovered Vann dead in the driver's seat.

"He did not have a chance to do anything, hit the emergency button on his radio, or even to defend himself. That car pulled up and started blasting, just like that. So where we are right now is that it looks like an ambush," Bexar County Deputy Chief Dale Bennett told the paper.

Sounds like a hit job from a cartel or something like that.

Maybe the guy was an honest cop and refused a bribe from the cartels... who knows.

EDIT : It seems there's heavy drug smuggling in the county.
MEXIKANEMI - Texas Mexican Mafia

Bexar County narcotics detectives made a recent drug bust on the cities west side. Detectives seized over 300,000 of black tar heroin at the home of 54 year old Juan Gomez, a high ranking member of the Mexikanemi. The drugs were stashed in PVC pipes hidden in the ceiling of the heavily fortified house. When questioned about the drugs, Juan Gomez refused to corporate with law enforcement agents, nor did he admit being a member of the Mexikanemi.

And child sex trafficking in the county.
Child sex trafficking in bexas county.
edit on 28-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yeah, or maybe, just maybe the person who shot him was the bereaved family member of someone that the cop murdered or raped and got away with it... Just sayin, it's not that unlikely. The disgusting thing that a once honorable institution like the police has become has made it really hard for me to shed a tear when I hear news like this.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776

Yeah, or maybe, just maybe the person who shot him was the bereaved family member of someone that the cop murdered or raped and got away with it... Just sayin, it's not that unlikely. The disgusting thing that a once honorable institution like the police has become has made it really hard for me to shed a tear when I hear news like this.

Yeah. It's sad this guy died, but I hope at least he was guilty of something like that. At least he would have deserved it... even if he really deserved prison and not death.

But if this was just random killing of a cop, the killers need to end their life in jail. If the guy deserved it, I won't hope for their capture.

The ``justice`` system ain't working no more. Some people are tired and do their own thing. The government is criminal, then it's anarchy and people can do whatever they want. Just don't get caught.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Maybe people are sick of police? Maybe the cop pissed off the wrong people, whoever they may be. Hmmmm, was he the intended target or would any cop have done? Hmmmm indeed

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Yeesh people so quick to jump the gun thinking this cop was somehow crooked and deserved it. Peeps please step back and take breather or two.

And if this was a hit by the cartel well ... damn. The plot just thickened.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Maybe people are sick of police? Maybe the cop pissed off the wrong people, whoever they may be. Hmmmm, was he the intended target or would any cop have done? Hmmmm indeed

Yeah. Let's say that cop raided a house (the wrong house usually) for drugs, killed grand-ma because he's trigger happy.

The family of grand-ma have one recourse : suing the cop. 99% of the time, the cop will never go to jail or even lose his freaking job.

What other recourse do people have? Either take it up the butt or go take revenge personally outside the ``law``.

As the justice system gets more and more for the police state, people are gonna go more and more for the second option.

Cops, for their own security and the well being of the state, should go after the scum in their own ranks... if they don't, it will LITERALLY kill them.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon102
Yeesh people so quick to jump the gun thinking this cop was somehow crooked and deserved it. Peeps please step back and take breather or two.

And if this was a hit by the cartel well ... damn. The plot just thickened.

Likewise, some people are always quick to jump on the "Mexican" angle.

Who really knows. He could have been involved in something too, ya never know. Random unprovoked cop-slayings are pretty rare.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

This says it all eally. The Police kill far far too many innocents year in year out to really shed a tear when the lead starts going their way with predjudice.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This does not have much to do with this case-- but the timing--
policelink.monster.com...

So yesterday another Cop from New Jersey was shot and killed also.

NEWARK, N.J. – Authorities in Newark, N.J., have disclosed the identity of a police officer who was killed in a drive-by shooting while he was off-duty.

Authorities say William Johnson was buying a slice of pizza Thursday night at a Newark shop when he was shot.

-Now the questions are where these guys targeted or just random?- Will we ever even know? Will stuff like this start to increase?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower
-Now the questions are where these guys targeted or just random?- Will we ever even know? Will stuff like this start to increase?

Yeah if there's more of those... and there's no report after/before that those cops are indeed corrupt cops who are in drugs/killed innocent people... it would be random killing of cops, which is totally disgusting. Not all cops are bastards.

We should do an ATS project of investigating about these murders/cops targeted.

My uncle has been a cop for all his years, he loves the government, but he's very honest and he follows the law to the letter, I've been on patrols with him lots of time. He hates corrupt cops.
edit on 28-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
just how many white guys pull up in a van and execute someone in texas or any state in the union?

a cartel hit is the most likely scenario and yeah maybe mexican illegals.

i forgot the only crime in this country is committed by white folks.

a planned premiditated hit.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Cops don't need to be sharking around anyway, they should act more like the fire department and stick to detective work. Sad that he is dead, he was a human being, but I have to wonder if it was provoked. I certainly don't condone such a slaying.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Jumping the gun is the fun part you learn to hone your experience...

Cartels moving directly in versus local payback...

first part occured to me first to... so...

as for the last you want worse... what if it is both and he was corrupt...

here is what is known...

Office died due to extra non-manufacturer designed hole is his body....

my question is why is he by himself... I thought they all went in pairs?????

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Or maybe this cop was an all around good guy who everyone liked, civillians and cops.
Maybe this will tense up the cops and cause them to be just that much more edgy when dealing with you and I.
Stop and think about the beautiful butterfly effect.
Just my thoughts is all.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
for this hit to go down

a person or persons would have to case his work and his home to figure out his daily patterns

to figure out exactly when and where he was and what time to execute the plan

your average criminal is stupid as a box of rocks.

i am not jumping on the guy was corrupt theres too much here we dont know.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Yup, it sure it easy for arm chair generals to judge a dead man from the comfort of their own homes isn't it?

I suggest people reserve their judgement until the investigation is complete and more details are available. What we do know, is that some poor human being was killed in cold blood. Regardless of who he was, how he conducted his job or who he "pissed off", the man deserved to keep his life.

Most people do.

~Keeper

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 5/28/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/28/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Here's something interesting about the narcotics division of the police agency this dude worked for: FBI investigation

Or how about this one: Cops Stealing.

This dude really might have been shot by "one of his own" for being a snitch or something. He could have been one of the good cops that didn't like the corruption.
He also could have been one of the bastards that were falsifying evidence and getting people put in prison for drugs and reaped his just recompense.
This is just conjecture of course, but there is more information to be obtained on this I'm sure. If you find anything else, let us know.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Honesty, that is my gut reaction too, which still surprises me. It is sad that this is how my mind thinks of this now and it is not what my reaction would have been years ago when cops were peace officers and did not practice the paramilitary thuggery techniques taught today. So long as those practices are the standard, every less cop is one less pox on the public and the Constitution.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

What a pity that the majority of responses to this thread want to blame the cop himself for the hit when they know absolutely nothing about the situation.

He is presupposed guilty as "charged" for being a cop.

Is this another indication of the depth to which some of ATS subscribers has sunk?

Are you all good upstanding citizens, that work, pay your bills and take care of your loved ones in a proper way? If you are all good citizens, with this sociopathic frame of mind, then we are doomed.

edit on 28-5-2011 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

You are judging just as much as the people you accuse.

No one knows anything about this case other than the incident, which no doubt has information that is withheld or intentionally flubbed for public viewing.

What you are suggesting, along with others in this thread, is that everyone just remain quiet and not discuss it at all. Why do we even have this discussion forum in the first place? I keep an open-mind, as it's entirely possibly that he was corrupt, or involved with something corrupt. Did he deserve to die? No, I don't think so, especially not like this. But to suggest no one should be allowed to talk about it, is just as much of a damning indictment of society, as the one you so boldly accuse others of.

Though I will certainly agree, that some people in here are being needlessly offensive about it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join