It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americas Unemployment Rate 8.7%

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
And is there anyone who believes these lies?

Americas Rate 8.7%

Jobless Rate

The supposedly good news

And there was more positive data. The job gains for February and March were revised upward. So far this year, over 850,000 new private sector workers have been hired. Naroff says that?s well above expectation and is quite impressive.

I am having hard believing all of this and i do know for a fact that Unemployment Rate numbers can be easily manipulated, to serve the governments needs.

What do you make of this?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

you mean the unemployment rate in the USA is actually 22%

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

you mean the unemployment rate in the USA is actually 22%

yup or even higher, but dont you see how the government and the mainstream news outlets are faking the Unemployment Rate?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

of course they fudge the numbers...if they gave out the real numbers there would be many many more people very upset with obama...he's gotta try and get re-elected remember?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Remember when Bush stank and was harped on when the unemployment rate was between 4 and 5%?

Where's the editorials now? Rhetorical, and not a big fan of Bush, but this dichotomy is GLARING!!!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

This is from the BLS and covers the unemployment rate in April.

www.bls.gov...

The number of unemployed persons, at 13.7 million, changed little in April. The unemployment rate edged up from 8.8 to 9.0 percent over the month but was 0.8 percentage point lower than in November. The labor force also was little changed in April. (See table A-1.)

The number of persons employed part time for economic reasons (sometimes referred to as involuntary part-time workers) was little changed over the month, at 8.6 million. These individuals were working part time because their hours had been cut back or because they were unable to find a full-time job. (See table A-8.)

13.7 million dont have a job, then add in the 8.6 million that are underemployed because of their hours being cut, or unable to find a full-time job. Theres about 22.3 million people right there.

But wait, it gets better.

In April, 2.5 million persons were marginally attached to the labor force, about the same as a year earlier. (These data are not seasonally adjusted.) These individuals were not in the labor force, wanted and were available for work, and had looked for a job sometime in the prior 12 months. They were not counted as unemployed because they had not searched for work in the 4 weeks preceding the survey. (See table A-16.)

Now its 24.8 million people. They dont even put some of these people into the stats!!!!

Edit - I would like to know the number of discouraged workers to. That will put the numbers even higher.
edit on 28-5-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
It seams like it's %30 or %40 in New England... I'm looking for a job myself and have been for more than 2 years

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
title should be
MSM says unemployment rate 8.7%, however you need to add XX to that and you will get the correct number.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JJDoggie84

Oh, that's quite bad,sorry for your situation
.Did you consider starting some little business? would you get any gvmt help if you want to give it a try?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This thread prompted me to have a look around at various news sites such as CNBC and marketwatch and the headline news would indicate that things aren't going too good. Couldn't see any reference to the latest jobs figures on these sites, but even some MSM are not reporting through rose colored glasses, like some wishfully hopeful economists sitting in comfy offices do.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I am not buying it either. I lost my job of 2o years as well as 5000 of my coworkers and only one of my friends have been able to find a job in which he can support his family. I cannot ever remember times being as dark and hopeless as they are currently. There is not too many things more painful than being a grown man without a job with family to provide for. Let's hope things turn around soon.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

I honestly don't think they will. Things have been getting worse and worse for the longest time now.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

Hang it there... The PTB are trying to take our humanity away... It sucks, but hopefully things will get better (someday/year/decade)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The glaring fact left out of the unemployment numbers is , once someone has used up their unemployment benefits, they are dropped from the records. Which means if 20% of americans are unemployed and have no more benefits that 20% is NOT added to the numbers of unemployed statistics.
Simple, if the numbers aren't added the problem doesn't look as bad. The reasoning is, if your not registered to collect unemployment, how are they to keep track ?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Yeah, 50,000 of that is work at McDonalds. GO GO GO $6.50 per hour!

How do they know how many people are employed anyways? I know they have taxes and what-not to track. I've heard so many things that it seems as much like pulling a number out of a hat as it does guesstimating. Does someone sit in a dark basement somewhere and crunch employee rolls of every business in the USA at the end of every month?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687

Now its 24.8 million people. They dont even put some of these people into the stats!!!!

Edit - I would like to know the number of discouraged workers to. That will put the numbers even higher.
edit on 28-5-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

So you saying that in the USA unemployment is near to 20%+...how the hell is this sustainable, QE cant keep happening.

UK employment is not too bad in the south around London, but north I hear its very bad.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
As an individual who is not getting paid to work I would be considered "unemployed", but I do not file for unemployment compensation, so there is no "claim" to unemployment. However, I did go online and "register" myself as unemployed through the New Mexico Department of Labor's Employment Commission. I believe I was told that this is only good for six months and then the "registering" must be updated.

What needs to happen is that a cry must be sent out to the entire Nation (not just the internet either because most unemployed lose that too), a cry that causes each and every one of us that is not working to go in and "register" with their "Employment Commission" (what ever they want to call it) as "unemployed".

It is not about getting a "claim" it is about fair and accurate numbers! Then sit back and see the ball bounce!

Unemployment Rate is based on Jobless Claims! Without the claim then you are gainfully employed in their eyes and it makes them look good.

It would be a great place to start and force them to quit lying to our faces. We know the Employment situation has tanked, but do they?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

"And is there anyone who believes these lies?" is almost exactly what entered my thoughts when I read the headline! Many posters have made excellent points in this thread. I feel inclined to agree with the poster who mentioned that it seems like unemployment is probably 30-40% in their area, I think that range holds true for many areas across this country.

I too know people who have been unemployed for years or are now underemployed and suffering for it. My brother had his hours cut back so drastically he is barely able to get by for the last two years.

In addition to reporting skewed unemployment statistics we also have a large body of illegal immigrants that no longer have cash day labor work they need to feed their families. And we well know we are lied to about how many IE's there are to begin with. Unemployment is vastly greater than the lies we are being told.

One poster mentioned registering so their unemployment status is correctly tallied. I was unaware of this and I wonder how many others are. Perhaps we need to get the word out to family, friends and nice people we speak with in public, and make them aware of how import this is. That poster is right, we need to make sure these people are counted so the numbers reported start to get closer to reality.

It bothers me greatly that TPTB who toss about billions for bankers, Wall St & war choose to not invest in the real America and create jobs for willing would-be workers. I can't help but wonder if our leaders and representatives are traitors to the USA.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
When ICE deports thousands of illegal immigrants from the workforce, thousands of citizens quickly take those jobs. It has been proven over and over again. There would be a lot more jobs for our citizens if we cracked down on illegals. And no, they are not just taking the jobs that citizens don't want.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join