It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Are The Animals?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Put very simply if you are able to eat beef after watching this then you are inhumane.

There are tons of animal cruelty videos about almost any meat product, so pretty much any meat that you eat makes you the animal, not the animal itself

This is mass cruelty at any angle that you look at it
And for those that say that you need meat, you do not NEED meat
If you say that you do then you do not understand what the word "need" means, you actually mean desire

Health?
Oh please, meat has so many links to diseases

I'm vegetarian for humanitarian reasons and I am extremely in shape

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I buy organic and free frange food, and i know its not farmed like that.

Some of the local farmers are nice. one let me sit on the back of a tractor wheel arch for a lift.

Not all meat is bad. Nasty video tho they should be shut down!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I'm curious as to what food or supplement you are getting DHA from. I am planning on taking an algae based supplement but I have not done the research yet to make an informed choice.

I have been drinking kefir and eating eggs and feel healthier than I did before I began consuming these products, but if a non-animal source of the nutrition these provide is available I would make the switch.

link   

You realize that those tractors and combines that harvest crops kill millions of small animals every year right? Rabbits, snakes, mice, the list goes on and on. To say you're a vegetarian for "humanitarian reasons" seems a little hypocritical.

The only way you could prevent the death of animals is to grow and pick your own crops. You don't have time for that though right? You want to stop animal cruelty, as long as it's not too inconvenient.

Edit: At least those animals at the meat plants have their bodies put to get use so that people can live. Animals that are killed by harvesting just rot in fields. Nice one.
edit on 28-5-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

link   
Some people are cruel no matter what the conditions are, whether it be the treatment of animals, the treatment of children, or the treatment of themselves.

It's also a matter of corporations doing whatever they can to save a buck wherever they can.

However, just as not everyone acts that way, there are places that treat animals in a drastically different manner.

And, by the way, don't be a hypocrite. Vegetables are just as much alive and feeling as any animal is. You're killing to eat, no matter how you justify it.

Just sayin... if you're going to lay the humanitarian reason card, go full bore. Understand the fundamentals iof life.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
I'm curious as to what food or supplement you are getting DHA from.

DHA is not as useful as you may think it is
however eggs are always good

why do you feel the need for high DHA intake?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I commend you for choosing a healthy lifestyle...and also for caring about the inhumane way they raise and kill cattle for profit.

Ignore those who will try to make you look like less than what you are....a smart ,and caring human.

I wish I could become one,and am seriously considering it.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina
And, by the way, don't be a hypocrite. Vegetables are just as much alive and feeling as any animal is. You're killing to eat, no matter how you justify it.

Just sayin... if you're going to lay the humanitarian reason card, go full bore. Understand the fundamentals iof life.

Vegetables are not sentient beings and do not procreate and then care for their offspring like animals & humans do

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

i demand proof for you to state such a thing

it has been proven that plants and flowers react to music and such, they are as much alive as me or you.

ill stop eating meat when u stop stepping on plants.

is it just me or are the vegetarians/vegans doing an assault on ats trying to push their agenda.
the string of threads is quite obvious.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
You realize that those tractors and combines that harvest crops kill millions of small animals every year right? Rabbits, snakes, mice, the list goes on and on. To say you're a vegetarian for "humanitarian reasons" seems a little hypocritical.

I am not an ascetic, I do what I can
Can you not also do what you can at the very least?

The only way you could prevent the death of animals is to grow and pick your own crops. You don't have time for that though right? You want to stop animal cruelty, as long as it's not too inconvenient.

You think avoiding meat products is convenience?
Finding products without gelatin is convenience?
Finding bread and other items at the store without lard or beef is easy?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

So let me get this straight, not only are animals being killed as a result of your diet, but you're not even using the animals you kill? At least we're eating the animals we kill.

Even if the number of animals killed during harvesting was just one, are you suggesting the life of one baby rabbit isn't worth saving? Are you placing a value on life? Enjoy your tofu, murderer.

You think avoiding meat products is convenience? Finding products without gelatin is convenience? Finding bread and other items at the store without lard or beef is easy?

OMG!!! Instead of walking down the meat aisle at Wal-Mart, you have to walk down the vegetable aisle. How could I ever live like that? I couldn't take the stress!

If you really wanted to do all you could end the cruelty you'd grow and pick your own crops. But I guess that's too inconvenient. After all, your time is much better spent arguing with people online about why eating meat is cruel.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Count me as one of the inhumane and pass me another steak. Animal rights? Can't be one sided. What about plant rights? They are alive and have been shown to show a response to pain and soothing voices. There will always be at least two sides to everything just accept that fact and move on.
Just my thoughts.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

So let me get this straight, not only are animals being killed as a result of your diet, but you're not even using the animals you kill? At least we're eating the animals we kill.

I will admit, the tractor example was a good and valid one, I haven't heard that one before
It was a valid argument
But this thread is more about avoiding the byproduct of animal cruelty more than it is vegetarianism
So you will first have to make an argument on how your example is one of animal cruelty.

Second, what the hell? At least you eat them?
So someone that murders someone when his purpose was not murdering is worse than someone who murders with a purpose and murdering and then eating the entity that it murdered is MORE ethical????????

Even if the number of animals killed during harvesting was just one, are you suggesting the life of one baby rabbit isn't worth saving? Are you placing a value on life? Enjoy your tofu, murderer.

OMG!!! Instead of walking down the meat aisle at Wal-Mart, you have to walk down the vegetable aisle. How could I ever live like that? I couldn't take the stress!

The vegetable isle?
Really??
So all I eat is vegetables?????????

In order to make an intelligent argument never include assumptions as the basis of it, especially outrageous ones

Did you just say that?

Go back to sleep

edit on 28-5-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AuWolf

The problem with this is it's not really a black and white issue like a lot of people make it out to be.

Are they bad people for wearing fur?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

The problem with this is it's not really a black and white issue like a lot of people make it out to be.

Are they bad people for wearing fur?

I'm confused
Are you not able to stay on topic or just unable to comprehend the basis of the OP?

This is about using or consuming the byproduct of animal cruelty.
If you need more clarifications let me know

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Second, what the hell? At least you eat them?
So someone that murders someone when his purpose was not murdering is worse than someone who murders with a purpose and murdering and then eating the entity that it murdered is MORE ethical????????

So somehow it's ethical to kill animals, as long as you're not eating them? Rotting in a field is better than helping another creature live?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8cc547b71918.gif[/atsimg]

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

So by your definition, fur isn't the byproduct of animal cruelty like meat is? Nice to know!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

The vegetable isle?
Really??
So all I eat is vegetables?????????

]

So are you trying to imply that all I eat is meat????????

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

i agree, they are separate issues.
vegans and veggies just blend them together because it suits their cause.

one thing is the ethical treatment of animals used for human consumption, or lack of it lets say it.
on that point we all agree, not only with that, but i think that like "primitive" civilizations the animals we kill for meat, we should use everything from them, from the meat, to bones, to skin, to everything.

a total diferent thing is the consumption of meat.

and that my vegan friends, sorry.
but if it wasn't for meateaters our species would have not survived so that now some of us choose to not eat meat.

eat meat or not, its a personal choice.

the way we process and treat the animals we eat is wrong, eating them is not.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Maybe all you meat eaters who compare the life of a vegetable to an animal should start protesting for vegetable rights to stop the inhumane slaughter of vegetables.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join