It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walkom: The European crisis the G8 didn't address

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Walkom: The European crisis the G8 didn't address

www.thestar.com

Leaders of the G8 group of nations made their predictable, if not necessarily meaningful, bows towards Arab democracy. They neatly sidestepped the Libyan war. They promised money for North Africa that, if past practice holds, most won’t deliver.

But the world leaders meeting in France this week said virtually nothing about a crisis in their own back yard.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Is it me, or does it seem like no one seems to care about the fact that everyone is running out of money? (Or at least, those who have the ability to do anything about it. Should we start making predictions for when the Euro is gonna fail? They seem to think that spending-cuts are the only thing that can help... Have they helped thus far? No, they've only made it worse by increasing unemployment and financial aid to those who need it...

www.thestar.com
edit on 28-5-2011 by SpreadLoveNotHate because: missed some words

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I think the G-8 is nothing more than a social club now days. It never adresses anything important, just an excuse for poloticians to get together and eat caviar.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

I'll go even further.

It was always a social club.

It was made into a vainglorious prestige-fest to cater to the ever-swelling ego's of public servants who fancy themselves defacto rulers of their people. The G-20 was a playground created to give the 'little kids' a place to play.

But things are changing... and I am almost certain - the G-20 will be no different than the G-8, who's relevance based on 'global power' is waning, since all the 'big boys' have run their countries into the dirt.

But you really can't blame the personalities in this. It's the communities of elite they each represent that deserve most of the shame.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

But why aren't they fixing it? They can't? Don't want to? Don't know what to do? (guess I'd have to go myself to find the answer). I feel like this situation is like a fighter jet, spiralling towards the ground gaining momentum... Do we hit the eject button, or say our prayers as we crash into the ground?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SpreadLoveNotHate

They arent fixing it because their needs and wants conflict with the needs and wants and best interests of the NATIONS.

Thats the whole problem in a nutshell. The people in power have interests that directly conflict with the interests of nations and the people of those nations. And when push comes to shove, the wealthy win their way. Unfortunately, they dont really get, in the most profound way, that their success actually rests upon the success of those people and nations who they are undermining.

Its classic "killing the geese to get the golden eggs." They want more, now, and they arent really worried about sustainability.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpreadLoveNotHate

Is it me, or does it seem like no one seems to care about the fact that everyone is running out of money? (Or at least, those who have the ability to do anything about it. Should we start making predictions for when the Euro is gonna fail? They seem to think that spending-cuts are the only thing that can help... Have they helped thus far? No, they've only made it worse by increasing unemployment and financial aid to those who need it...

www.thestar.com
edit on 28-5-2011 by SpreadLoveNotHate because: missed some words

Cutting costs is at most half the battle, the rest is figuring a way to lower unemployment. Nobody gives a rats ass anymore about keeping jobs in europe or america because corporations and banks dictate to the government what exactly is on the agenda.

PUT TARRIFS DAMM IT!!!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

They want to crash the economy of nations on purpose so they can eventually install their one world disorder.

One world digital currency, no privacy except in your house(maybe), verichip implants and eventually the anti-christ "savior" to get us out of this planned chaos. The elite win all the time first by creating the problems and then profiting from the "solutions".

Despicable

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Europe needs instability because it is the only way they can keep pushing Europe. Like Communism, Europe can only exist when there is a vacuum for it to fill. Fill the vacuum (e.g. peace and prosperity) then the EU has no reason to exist, the Euro has no reason to exist, people up-rise against it and it collapses, just like Communism.

Get used to how things are now because they plan to stretch it out for a while yet.

top topics

join