It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrails, Trolls, and Deer Poop.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Chemtrails, trolls, and deer poop

Unless you just got on the internet today, you have undoubtedly heard of Chemtrails. More likely, you have read a bit about them, after all, this IS ATS. There is some reasonable discussion on chemtrail threads....

And then...there are the trolls.

Below is a synopsis of how chemtrail threads evolve, concise, but the topic is Deer Poop to illustrate a point.

OP: If the drought wasn't bad enough, I have deer eating my garden up. Now I have to get up in the middle of the night a patrol my garden to keep them out.

Member A: How do you know it is deer?
Member B: Yeah, could be grasshoppers. Grasshoppers eat 312 times their weight in one day. Source: Grasshoppersdestroygardens.org.
Member C: OP probably just hates deer. So, answer the question, how do you know it is deer? Huh?

OP: Well, we have deer in the area. The local paper had a write up by a master gardener whom stated that the deer were very hungry because of the drought, and getting bolder as a result. I am sure it is deer.

Member A: I have deer in the area too, but they aren't eating MY garden. Got any evidence?
Member B: Did you check out my link? Do you read? I have a long history with garden pests. I studied garden pests for a living. Deny ignorance.
Member C: So, a "local" paper. HA HA. Some "source"....

OP: Okay, so I went out and I found some deer poop. Convinced? Jeez....

Member A: How do you know what deer poop looks like? Are you an expert on deer poop?
Member B: Grasshoppers poop too, but it is clear that you don't want to listen to an expert.
Member C: Did you have it checked out at an independent lab? No proof...didn't happen.

OP: It IS deer poop, an old timer that lives next door verified it. He hunts deer. Sorry about not responding to the grasshopper idea, I don't have a grasshopper problem. And, NO, I haven't taken the deer poop to an independent lab. I can provide plenty of testimonials from people here about the deer problem in gardens locally, though.

Member A: I think you are just one of those people that haven't really analyzed the problem thoroughly, just shooting from the hip and believing everything you read.
Member B: Grasshoppers are the NUMBER ONE garden pest, I wish you "poopers" would listen!
Member C: An old timer? THAT is your source? I am with A and B on this one. Like A said, you are haven't really convinced us...um, me, of anything.

OP: Who are you guys?

Of course, after MANY chemtrail threads, it is not hard to identify A, B, and C. In fact, there are a few more. Of course, there are those that do come and bring useful discussion and debate. This is desired. The difference is that A, B, and C, are
1. omnipresent.
2. persistent.
3. oblivious to sources that differ in their views.
4. hostile/demeaning to members with differing opinions.

As for me, I am done with the chemtrail threads unless I bring or respond to breaking news on the subject. But, to engage with A, B, and C? Who needs that? That is why so many here don't comment on chemtrail threads regardless of which side they line up on.
Shame.

edit on 28-5-2011 by Stewie because: Clarification

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Ive heard of chemtrails but never looked into them and have no idea what anyone thinks.

In my mind its an American issue, never seen or heard about this in Oz where Im from or Malaysia where I live.
It would not surprise me in the least if the US government was poisoning its citizens, from an outsiders perspective it seems your government doesnt like you guys very much

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

I agree and it's getting out of hand, sometimes I wonder if there are any motives behind all of that.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Well, for my part, I am not convinced our government is poisoning us, at least, intentionally. But, it would not be the first time.
I just think it takes citizen journalists to uncover certain activities, and that is what is happening. But, unfortunately, there is a lot of disinfo out there...and HERE.

Thanks for posting.

+3 more 
posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Great analogy, OP.

This is exactly why I won't participate in discussions about chemtrails on ATS any longer.

Other typical tactics::

"You poopers are all the same, you all lie".

"You poopers are retards, you don't know a deer from a grashopper."

The term 'poopers' becomes an insult in itself, and is used to attempt to himiliate and intimidate anyone who believes in chemtrails.

IMO it's ignorant and a form of violence and I'm sorry that the mods continue to allow every single thread on chemtrails to be derailed in the same way, often by the same core group of people.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie

Below is a synopsis of how chemtrail threads evolve, concise, but the topic is Deer Poop to illustrate a point.

The problem there is that Deer Poop is a perfectly normal thing that nobody disputes, whereas "Chemtrails" are a fringe conspiracy theory that goes against known science and history, and has no evidence to back it up.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Ive heard of chemtrails but never looked into them and have no idea what anyone thinks.

In my mind its an American issue, never seen or heard about this in Oz where Im from or Malaysia where I live.
It would not surprise me in the least if the US government was poisoning its citizens, from an outsiders perspective it seems your government doesnt like you guys very much

If you want to find out more about them, there is masses of information on the web. I would steer clear of the threads on here, however. While I respect others' point of view, dealing with the malevolence of many of the chemtrail debunkers who are all over the threads like a virus is just not worth the hassle. There are other forums where the discussion can be intelligent, educational and courteous.
edit on 28-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Another point about debunkers is that they either are too ignorant to understand the difference between evidence and proof, or they pretend to be.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

What's sad is that it means 'they' won. The people who wanted to shut down the forum won. It didn't even need to be shut down officially because they did it through unrelenting attacks on people who really wanted to find out the truth but now are so tired of the snarky off-topic comments and replies that they have given up discussing it on ATS.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

You are much too rational for an ATS chemtrail discussion, it is clear.

Yes, me too, I am done unless something truly breaking happens and I believe it will. After all, there have always been those that denied the experience of others, no matter their numbers.

Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I have read a bit about chemtrails, mostly in passing on ATS. It's not something I've ever really gotten into myself too deeply, because (like a number of other such topics) I lack the tech knowledge to say either way. So I have no "skin in the game" and no agenda to push about this issue. Having said that, I would think this should be one of the easier conspiracies to prove/debunk. I mean, either they are doing it or they aren't, right? And either way, there should be some method, probably not necessarily all that sophisticated, to confim or deny. I have hazy ideas about weather baloons, disclosure from guys who actually service jets, etc....I admit my ideas of exactly how to do this are vague and perhaps wortheless, but even so, considering: A) the relative simplicitiy of the theory (nobody is positing stargates or physics-defying free energy machines here); and B) the amount of discussion of and interest in the topic, it shouldn't be all that difficult for somebody or a group of somebodies with no agenda other than the truth to put it to rest either way.
edit on 5/28/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

You have it EXACTLY backwards:

Another point about debunkers is that they either are too ignorant to understand the difference between evidence and proof.

"chem" believers have no evidence, and no *proof*. The challenge, to them, has been to provide some.

The standards of evidence and *proof* are very clearly laid out.

Fail, in every sense. The fluff that is trumpeted and pointed to, by *them*, is laughably, sadly pathetic, and a result of either outright lies and deceptions, perpetrated by the "chem"-hoax pushers, or by the incredibly gullible, and ignorant sorts who fall for the nonsense, and repeat it.....without ever applying some critical thought, and research, to ascertain their validiity and *truthiness*....

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SaveTheWolves

Well, if "they" won, it is not much of a prize. Maybe they get a pat on the back. My dog smiles when I pat him on the back.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

You have it EXACTLY backwards:

Another point about debunkers is that they either are too ignorant to understand the difference between evidence and proof.

"chem" believers have no evidence, and no *proof*. The challenge, to them, has been to provide some.

The standards of evidence and *proof* are very clearly laid out.

Fail, in every sense. The fluff that is trumpeted and pointed to, by *them*, is laughably, sadly pathetic, and a result of either outright lies and deceptions, perpetrated by the "chem"-hoax pushers, or by the incredibly gullible, and ignorant sorts who fall for the nonsense, and repeat it.....without ever applying some critical thought, and research, to ascertain their validiity and *truthiness*....

Like I said, Wheedwacker, I don't get into discussions about chemtrails on ATS. It didn't take you long to get here, did it? Do you have an alert?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

People are investigating, but it takes resources for one. And the desire to find out if, of course, you believe something is being sprayed like I do.
I am not afraid to state that. bit I also have a full time job. I have stated before that I am an artist, and have been painting landscapes for almost 45 years. I have my reasons for believing what I do.

In my opinion, there is becoming a huge gap between what certain very powerful people are capable of, and OUR ability to oversee that capability. There is NO doubt that the government(s) will subject the governed to anything at all as long as a particular end is achieved...an end that we don't have to know anything at all about.
There is quite a bit of data out there, and I have been somewhat involved in this discussion for a few years. The point is, whatever you bring isn't good enough for a core group of members that exist here on ATS, so the discussion goes NOWHERE.

Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Chemtrails aren't toxic.... allegedly. They're used to "glaze" the atmosphere to amplify whatever the hell HAARP [allegedly] does. That's all I know about chemtrails from my source.

Loved your analogy. S&F just for creating a profound discussion using poop as a metaphor.

edit on 28-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Well, poop IS fertilizer....
Thanks for the comments.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I went to my town to day.
UK Birmingham.
and when I look't up I could not believe it.
about 8 chem trails in the sky.
all kinds of sizes. and a jet just coming up.
with a Very Think bright white trail. in the sun.
I was 15 mils from the air port.
I am amazed by this.
I am a believer. because I have seen it.

some thing IS going on.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
Chemtrails aren't toxic.... allegedly. They're used to "glaze" the atmosphere to amplify whatever the hell HAARP [allegedly] does. That's all I know about chemtrails from my source.

That is absurd, do you have a reliable source for these claims?

How do they aim the stationary HAARP antenna array at these 'chemtrails'?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join