It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Boom Shakes Northeast Philly Philadelphia - May 28, 2011

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

If that is the oficial version, got to be a cover up. Not even big earthquakes sound like explosions. Whoever believe that, never experienced an earthquake. Sometimes, they make a rumble sound, so different of a explosion. That explanation is bravo sierra.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The earthquake explanation sounds about right.

Earthquake "booms" have been reported for a long time, and they tend to occur more in the Northeastern US and along the East Coast. Of course, most "booms" that people hear or experience are actually some type of cultural noise, such as some type of explosion, a large vehicle going by, or sometimes a sonic boom, but there have been many reports of "booms" that cannot be explained by man-made sources. No one knows for sure, but scientists speculate that these "booms" are probably small shallow earthquakes that are too small to be recorded, but large enough to be felt by people nearby.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
The guys who exploded a couple m-100's in a trash can are sitting around laughing right now.

That's what I think it was. Memorial Day celebrations?

When do fireworks in a trash can cause houses to rattle over an area several miles around?

I am VERY familiar with this area having grew up in NE Philadelphia. My Brother and Mother currently live in Bensalem, PA. Bensalem is a suburb of Philadelphia, very close to NE Philly. There is NO WAY firecrackers in a trash can in NE Philly will shake a home in Bensalem.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealTruth84

I used to have friends and family from there(Fairdale road),do you know any of the McCools per chance???

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
A fault cracking / rupturing will cause this noise.

Same thing happened in Michigan , they found a mile long Fault line in the middle of some woods when the town reported Loud Booms and vibrations of their house. You can see the fault line on Youtube or google it.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

I've never heard an M-80 shake a house, or be confused with an Earthquake....or for that matter get on the News as a 'mystery'. This could be a Sonic Boom though.....Perhaps it was a Top Secret Aurora plane?.....Then again I suppose it could always have just been a normal F-15 or something....but that's no fun!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Is there any aftermath to such a Fault Cracking?......Does it cause any permanent damage to the land, or will it even turn the area into a possible Earthquake Zone in the future? Or is it more like a freak event that causes no real perceptible change? Just curious..... I'm not all that familiar with the phenomenon.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Reminds me of the Malaga booms heard in Spain in 2008.

"The booms were caused by two Eurofighters flying at 37,000 feet.

The Minister for Development, Magdalena Álvarez, has said that the Ministry of Defence is to investigate and will try to avoid a repetition of the shocks suffered by Málaga and part of the Costa del Sol which was rocked by two explosions as two military planes broke the sound barrier."

Not sure I believed that response when it was put out, I think that it was a cover for something. After all it was completely out of the blue and had never happened before.

Read more: www.typicallyspanish.com...

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplemmm

Reminds me of the Malaga booms heard in Spain in 2008.

"The booms were caused by two Eurofighters flying at 37,000 feet.

The Minister for Development, Magdalena Álvarez, has said that the Ministry of Defence is to investigate and will try to avoid a repetition of the shocks suffered by Málaga and part of the Costa del Sol which was rocked by two explosions as two military planes broke the sound barrier."

Not sure I believed that response when it was put out, I think that it was a cover for something. After all it was completely out of the blue and had never happened before.

Read more: www.typicallyspanish.com...

Also similar to the Kokomo Boom here in Indiana, which I myself heard (but didn't see). Apparently there was some sort of light show associated with it..which seems different according to what witness you ask. According to one witness who I asked immediately after it happened (my whole neighborhood was out on their porch trying to figure out what the noise was) He said it looked like a large fireball that broke up....or some sort of meteor in other words. In fact I listened to the Police Scanner right after this happened (there were ambulances and police cars roaming all about trying to figure out if a plane had crashed....it was an odd sight). According to the Police Scanner they had asked the local air force base which denied having anything in the air...and they all came to the conclusion that it was an "astrological event"....by which I assume they mean "ASTRONOMICAL event" LOL. Basically that it was a meteor..just has the witness I talked to claimed......then a few days later the paper reported it was a jet that went supersonic, then released flares from the Air Force Base!!! (Yeah..the same one that supposedly had no planes in the air).....So I'm still trying to figure that one out....it seemed closer to a meteor than any sort of UFO....but why did they cover it up then? Your guess is as good as mine on that one!!!
edit on 29-5-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CN1018
The earthquake explanation sounds about right.

Earthquake "booms" have been reported for a long time, and they tend to occur more in the Northeastern US and along the East Coast. Of course, most "booms" that people hear or experience are actually some type of cultural noise, such as some type of explosion, a large vehicle going by, or sometimes a sonic boom, but there have been many reports of "booms" that cannot be explained by man-made sources. No one knows for sure, but scientists speculate that these "booms" are probably small shallow earthquakes that are too small to be recorded, but large enough to be felt by people nearby.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

With all respect, your information doesn't represent your opinion, if you pay attention to this part :

No one knows for sure, but scientists speculate....

It says they don't know and all they can do is guess.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It seems like people in Philly are going the small earth quake route. Whether it was or wasn't, I can't say but a small Tornado touched down in Northeast Philly last also....both uncommon for our location.

Link, Tornado in NE Philly May 18
Small Earthquake in NE Philly May 28

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

No , the one in Michigan had no side Earthquakes , this one in Michigan only registered a 1.4, some how it caused the ground to crack and raise , small Earthquake. Most people thought it was sonic booms.

Nothing more has happened since it opened up.

Im not real fimilar with it either , i got this information when i researching what happened in your OP.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join