It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama 'round the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I know right now its the G8 summit.
I understant the importance but i'm concerned about the way he seems on vacation recently .
I think Michelle loves Europe a bit too much.

Seriously if you ask me if he and his wife doing a good job at representing the americans?
I'd say, pretty similar to David and Victoria Beckham for the Brits.

The reason why i'm making this thread is because i remember,
I remember ten years ago W. Bush having all the fun in the world fishing in Kennebunk port or hunting armadilos on his texan ranch and not taking into account the FBI report about potential danger for the US. At least he was in the USA.

The recent event in Mizzou and the way the the USD is going right now dont you think he should be working overtime in the oval office to find solutions or help the people in the affected(devasteted) regions.

Its either hes scared of Donald Trump or theres something big happening and he doesn't want to be held accountable for it.

I dont want to stand for the Bushs administration, I just dont want the Democrats to do the same mistakes that led to 9/11 or the 2007-08 downfall.

The place of a president is at home, especially when the biggest tornadoes since the 50s are devastating entire towns, even if its only moral support.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I agree completely...Obama should be more concerned with the American people then he obviously is. It is election time right around the bend though...and he has to make sure the voters are in line.

There is something to be said about the expense of all this travel too...

The Pentagon says it cost $100,219 per hour to fly the plane, without Obama aboard, for a recent, much-criticized photo opportunity over New York City.

www.reporternews.com...

The cost without Obama...wonder what it is with him!
edit on 28-5-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Assuming the POTUS does have real decision making power and a soul, yes it would be better if he were within the states organizing what needs to be done. But I live in a lovely town called Reality, and over here we have no more hope left in politicians doing the right thing. So with that said I hope he stays in Europe forever, preferably getting lost in the high altitudes of the Alps, and falling victim to the food chain.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The best way for him to deal with these problems is by discussing them with the leaders of the other top economic countries not sitting here at home wondering what they are talking about.

The G8 is one of the most important responsibilities for the President, not for what they decide on, but for the relationships he can establish with other leaders.

Ignoring this meeting would have been the biggest mistake he could have made.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by eagleeye2

And the Obama's are making such a good impression on everyone.

Post by Signals

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I think they should keep him. Sounds like he is in his own type of company.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I am not trying to dispute the importance of this meeting but I will dispute that it would of been the biggest mistake he could have made...IMHO there is a long list of much worse mistakes in the Obama administrations past.

Most of those mistakes are making headlines here on ATS for that matter.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

I am not trying to dispute the importance of this meeting but I will dispute that it would of been the biggest mistake he could have made...IMHO there is a long list of much worse mistakes in the Obama administrations past.

Most of those mistakes are making headlines here on ATS for that matter.

I agree with that but remember we spend billions of dollars so the President can communicate and multi-task wherever he goes. There is nothing he could have accomplished at home he couldn't do from anywhere in the world other than making an appearance while alienating the other leaders of the world.

If he hadn't gone there the headlines would be how he's not trying to do anything in the world so he really can't win either way.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagleeye2
I know right now its the G8 summit.
I understant the importance but i'm concerned about the way he seems on vacation recently .
I think Michelle loves Europe a bit too much.

Seriously if you ask me if he and his wife doing a good job at representing the americans?
I'd say, pretty similar to David and Victoria Beckham for the Brits.

The reason why i'm making this thread is because i remember,
I remember ten years ago W. Bush having all the fun in the world fishing in Kennebunk port or hunting armadilos on his texan ranch and not taking into account the FBI report about potential danger for the US. At least he was in the USA.

The recent event in Mizzou and the way the the USD is going right now dont you think he should be working overtime in the oval office to find solutions or help the people in the affected(devasteted) regions.

Its either hes scared of Donald Trump or theres something big happening and he doesn't want to be held accountable for it.

I dont want to stand for the Bushs administration, I just dont want the Democrats to do the same mistakes that led to 9/11 or the 2007-08 downfall.

The place of a president is at home, especially when the biggest tornadoes since the 50s are devastating entire towns, even if its only moral support.

Bush never went anywhere but to visit his buddies the Saudi's because nobody else liked him. And Obama has already promised aid for Joplin. He did that last week. Donald Trump is nothing to be worried about only the birthers think he is. Guess there was no new birther news today.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Seriously you couldnt find any other reason to hate on Obama? Thats just lame dude lame.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I agree, in politics in hard having a win/win situation.
But like i said, i'm not focusing only on the G8.
I'm more concerned about the timing of the Ireland visit, the royal wedding.
A president or prime minister or chancellor places is in their own country.
Just look around, other countries doesnt send diplomats every now and then.
I ve never seen so much PR ever, trust me theres something fishy here.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

Not being in america is a good reason enough.
Wanna speak about the money spend on those trips?
Only if your sheeple enough to accept "We're sorry" for the reason the US of A are going downwards?

top topics

join